My battery fell in fresh water, will not charge.
2683 7 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3fd4fde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300712 ft
United States

Battery will not charge after drop into fresh water. The first light flashes when turned on. Is there any way I can save it?
2017-4-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The general consensus here is that once a battery takes a swim, you throw it away. There are too many possibilities for it to go wrong and burn up your aircraft. Just not worth the risk.
2017-4-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How long, as in days, did you let it dry out, before pushing the power button?

That's too bad, if it's a goner. Try and Be more careful in the future, please.

RedHotPoker
2017-4-30
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

True fresh water will not harm any battery as it does not conduct. But problem is rivers / lakes etc. have dissolved matter in the water that can create corrosion or deposits when drying out.
The old answer to try rescue items - was to wash with spirit ..... neat alcohol.

All you can do now is leave the battery in warm dry place for a few days to see if it dries out internally. Maybe your switching on while still wet inside has damaged it ... who knows until fully dried out.

Nigel
2017-4-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I´d use a spry named WD40 here if i had contact problems with water. It´s electrical neutral and pushes the water out of the problem part. A little bit could helps to avoid conducts.
2017-5-1
Use props
BoomDogs
New
United States

If you send them the battery they will repair it for the cost of a new battery plus labor...thats how they roll.{:4_154:}
2017-5-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Peterx Posted at 2017-5-1 06:55
I´d use a spry named WD40 here if i had contact problems with water. It´s electrical neutral and pushes the water out of the problem part. A little bit could helps to avoid conducts.

WD40 !!

Please put it back on the shelf ... it leaves residues ... once the solvent evaporates.

Number of cars ignitions 'gummed' up by that rubbish being sprayed too liberally is legendary. Should never be let near any electronics.
The best use of WD40 is as a Starter spray instead on Ether based.

But onto the DJI battery ... as its a closed pack - you really have a hard job to dry them out ... and to 'wash with alcohol / spirit' ......

Nigel
2017-5-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If WD40 not an option for battery then put it for some days in a bone dry place with dry wind.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules