738 4 2017-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8Blue Wolf8
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all

So I drowned my P3S last month...
I retrieved it from the Murphy's law small puddle surrounded by dry land into which it crashed (*shakes fist at the sky*) and immediately removed the battery.  I shut the battery down...dried everything off as best I could and hightailed it home.  When I got there I say the battery had come on and was flashing a weird pattern.  
Long story short the battery is toast but I think my P3s survived (maybe?).
I went and bought a P3P ( ) and it has arrived and is flying nicely.

My question is this:  Can I put the battery from my P3P into my P3S to check it without affecting my ability to use that battery in my P3P?  If the old bird is good I will invest in a new battery for it but am loathe to fork out $200AUD+ only to find out the drone is rooted and I've just thrown away more money....

Advice anyone (DJI advice most appreciated right now)

Cheers

Blue Wolf
2017-4-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, the Phantom 3 batteries are interchangeable.

You may need to update firmware on the battery, but the app shall inform you of this...

Congrats on the new drone. Very nice. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-4-30
Use props
8Blue Wolf8
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks!  I'm just wary as I've read some posts saying swapping batteries resulted in catastrophic failure....I'd hate to have my new bird grounded    . It seems it may have been from the very firmware update you mentioned..(ie someone got a P3P battery and stuck it into a P3S...the firmware was updated and then when it was put back into the P3P it wouldn't fly.)   Do you reckon I should be good if I do a manual firmware upgrade once it is back in the Pro bird?    VERY NERVOUS!
Cheers

2017-4-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

8Blue Wolf8 Posted at 2017-4-30 21:41
Thanks!  I'm just wary as I've read some posts saying swapping batteries resulted in catastrophic failure....I'd hate to have my new bird grounded    . It seems it may have been from the very firmware update you mentioned..(ie someone got a P3P battery and stuck it into a P3S...the firmware was updated and then when it was put back into the P3P it wouldn't fly.)   Do you reckon I should be good if I do a manual firmware upgrade once it is back in the Pro bird?    VERY NERVOUS!
Cheers

Place the battery in the drone, turn on the flight kit as if you were about to fly, and see if an update message pops up on the screen.  
The only way you will know, is to check, but they are the very same flight packs. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-1
Use props
8Blue Wolf8
lvl.1

Australia

Update  -- so I removed all SD cards etc and bit the bullet...put my P3P battery in my P3S.   Good news is the P3S is fine, bad news is that when I put the battery back in my P3P couldn't connect to drone and when I finally did IMU was whacked.   Fairly easily fixed, recalibrate IMU and reinstall firmware but I won't try again.  I will by a battery for the P3S and use it for the more 'risky' missions and save the P3P for low risk missions.

2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules