Starting the aircraft (no problems, just curiosity)
555 11 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Knock On Wood, I haven't had problems so far, but I'm curious, so...

First Picture IMG_009.jpg
All systems Normal, except:
Radio Channel Quality -> POOR
I suppose this is nothing to worry about: P4P was sitting on the table, very near to the RC& iPad, and in the same room as the WiFi router… Do you agree?

Second Picture IMG_010.jpg
I wonder why both accelerometers and gyroscopes were "Moving". The unit was standing still on the table, maybe just a faint vibration from the motors? Should I investigate further?

Third Picture IMG_011.jpg
Here the question is: Just one compass in use? The other would step in only if there was something wrong with the first one, or…?

IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg
2017-5-1
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

I see this all the time with my p4.  It switches from good to poor.  It's probably a lot of 2.4ghz interference.  In my case it could be the 11 wifi I have throughout the house.
2017-5-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1) Nothing to worry about, as you say just some local interference.

2)Yes the IMU is detecting some movement.

3)Yes, yellow dot indicates the compass in use and redundant would become active if a fault developed in compass 1.
2017-5-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-1 10:37
1) Nothing to worry about, as you say just some local interference.

2)Yes the IMU is detecting some movement.

Thanks a lot! You know, after reading many posts about stuff not working properly I was still quite confident, but wondered if I was reading correctly my app screens or eventually missing something...
2017-5-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Being inside the warnings you are seeing don't mean anything. Too much interference their per se.
If you get those outside in an open field - then I would start wondering...
2017-5-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-1 11:09
Thanks a lot! You know, after reading many posts about stuff not working properly I was still quite confident, but wondered if I was reading correctly my app screens or eventually missing something...

The hardest bit about flying the Phantom is building up the confidence that the system will generally do what it says on the tin. Best thing is just to fly in wide open areas and avoid the temptation to fly too close to things until you have a good understanding of what can go wrong.
2017-5-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-1 11:21
The hardest bit about flying the Phantom is building up the confidence that the system will generally do what it says on the tin. Best thing is just to fly in wide open areas and avoid the temptation to fly too close to things until you have a good understanding of what can go wrong.

Oh YES! Luckily I live in the Middle of Nowhere with just fields, pastures, gently rolling low hills and moors... some woods to fly over with a bit of care, but this is all. No tall buildings, just sparse farmhouses, no power lines (they all run underground), even scarce mobile phone coverage...  what I call paradise :-)

2.jpg
3.jpg
2017-5-1
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-1 11:52
Oh YES! Luckily I live in the Middle of Nowhere with just fields, pastures, gently rolling low hills and moors... some woods to fly over with a bit of care, but this is all. No tall buildings, just sparse farmhouses, no power lines (they all run underground), even scarce mobile phone coverage...  what I call paradise :-)

What a beautiful country and a nation able to afford underground power grid ... As for your OP, the only thing to be concerned is IMU reading. If the drone was sitting on the table doing nothing, than why it was detecting any movements? Not activated motors do not vibrate, vibrations from cooling fans should be not detectable ...
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-1 13:58
What a beautiful country and a nation able to afford underground power grid ... As for your OP, the only thing to be concerned is IMU reading. If the drone was sitting on the table doing nothing, than why it was detecting any movements? Not activated motors do not vibrate, vibrations from cooling fans should be not detectable ...

Any vibration can cause the IMU to move. it is extremely sensitive. Again this is normal!
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-1 11:09

Better ask then be sorry. We learn new things everyday. I command you for being careful and responsible pilot.   
2017-5-1
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

dronist Posted at 2017-5-1 15:32
Better ask then be sorry. We learn new things everyday. I command you for being careful and responsible pilot.

Thank you VERY much, Dronist.  I have a secret recipe: before buying the P4P I spent nearly a year studying first the danish rules,  watching all the DJI tutorials and a lot of Youtube videos (many I did not like at all, for careless flying -IMHO), then bought a little Hubsan with no camera and started learning how to fly it indoors and outdoors, then in January 2017 I bought the P4P and am learning to fly it -not hurrying it.  My first and foremost concern is  S A F E T Y.  My amusement isn't worth endangering somebody else...
2017-5-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-2 09:08
Thank you VERY much, Dronist.  I have a secret recipe: before buying the P4P I spent nearly a year studying first the danish rules,  watching all the DJI tutorials and a lot of Youtube videos (many I did not like at all, for careless flying -IMHO), then bought a little Hubsan with no camera and started learning how to fly it indoors and outdoors, then in January 2017 I bought the P4P and am learning to fly it -not hurrying it.  My first and foremost concern is  S A F E T Y.  My amusement isn't worth endangering somebody else...

I second that... I did the same thing few years ago . I spent a month flying in ATTI around my backyard after I watched couple of these flyaway videos and scared the hell out of me. Like you said there is nothing in the word worth endangering another human being!

Let's drink to that after we land and keep those videos coming.   
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules