Episode VI - Return Of The Jello
1113 11 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JelloMaster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

So I bought my Mavic last Thursday from Maplins in the UK, spent that night charging and upgrading firmware to .600 etc.  Then on Friday took it up for it's maiden voyage. I didn't actually record any footage that day but noticed that the video feed kept going wavy. Cut to Saturday and took it up again, this time recorded some video but again wasn't sure if it was just the feed to the phone that was getting interupted so pulled out the SD card and looked at the raw footage only to have my heart sink and see it there too.

So cut to today and before taking it up did a gimbal calibration in the tiniest of hopes that might cure the issue. Alas no, still there.

I've uploaded the footage to youtube for your viewing pleasure.  My gut feel is this is going straight back to Maplins to get fixed.  I've checked to make sure the gimbal is properly in the tabs it should be and the Mavic hasn't been crashed.

Thoughts?
2017-5-1
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

So long as you are sure the gimbal is seated properly then it is a return job. I don't know of anything that will fix it. Check your gimbal and if it is seated properly (under the two tabs at the front and one at the back) then contact DJI Support.
2017-5-1
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-1 21:56
So long as you are sure the gimbal is seated properly then it is a return job. I don't know of anything that will fix it. Check your gimbal and if it is seated properly (under the two tabs at the front and one at the back) then contact DJI Support.

I checked all that before that flight you see above. I did a gimbal calibration as well.  Looks like it's going back.
2017-5-2
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Update... So went back to Maplin with the complete Fly More pack after speaking to them on the phone yesterday and explaining the situation. Showed them the footage. They took my entire mavic bundle back and have arranged to have another complete fly more bundle shipped down for tomorrow as they didn't have any in store!

It's not often I rave about customer service, but this really was second to none and shows exactly how you should be treated when buying something brand new that's defective out the box.

I dread to think what I'd be going through right now if I'd bought direct from DJI!   Fingers crossed the new one is ok.
2017-5-3
Use props
Kronos69
lvl.2
Italy

You probably did the right choice not buying directly, I'm now into the second day waiting a definitive answer about my faulty new mavic. I'm accustomed to quick and full refunds with Amazon, this situation where I have to wait indefinitely (no one gave me a precise date) is frustrating.
2017-5-3
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Kronos69 Posted at 2017-5-3 05:55
You probably did the right choice not buying directly, I'm now into the second day waiting a definitive answer about my faulty new mavic. I'm accustomed to quick and full refunds with Amazon, this situation where I have to wait indefinitely (no one gave me a precise date) is frustrating.

There really is something to be said from buying from large supplier that keeps large volume in stock and has the ability to take the headache away from dealing with DJI.
2017-5-3
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great storage Jellomaster  thats a cool outcome, & thumbs up to Maplin for there grate customer support.
I unfortunately did purchase from DJI and have been going through quite the adventure sense, my mavic pro has been returned for the second time. I purchased it in January with a defect sent it back to DJI days later, waited 6 weeks for a replacment only to have the replacment delivered with a new defect.
2017-5-3
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

JelloMaster Posted at 2017-5-3 05:53
Update... So went back to Maplin with the complete Fly More pack after speaking to them on the phone yesterday and explaining the situation. Showed them the footage. They took my entire mavic bundle back and have arranged to have another complete fly more bundle shipped down for tomorrow as they didn't have any in store!

It's not often I rave about customer service, but this really was second to none and shows exactly how you should be treated when buying something brand new that's defective out the box.

Ugh.. I hate you a little bit, but rest assured it's just jealousy... I wish I'd know then what I do now - to never buy from DJI directly...

Mine was defective out of the box and DJI outright refused to take it back - despite it being defective from day one...

Now I am waiting for it to be delivered to the California center today for the analysis to begin...

I've been assured by 2 supervisors that I will be sent a new one to replace the defective one (that they've already failed to repair once) - but I am not holding my breath and will believe it when I am holding a new Mavic...
2017-5-3
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-5-3 06:11
Great storage Jellomaster  thats a cool outcome, & thumbs up to Maplin for there grate customer support.
I unfortunately did purchase from DJI and have been going through quite the adventure sense, my mavic pro has been returned for the second time. I purchased it in January with a defect sent it back to DJI days later, waited 6 weeks for a replacment only to have the replacment delivered with a new defect.

Are you me? Because you could totally be me with this experience...though I suppose you could be the other thousand people who've experienced this nightmare as well... I've been assured by 2 supervisors that my defective-out-of-the-box unit will be replaced with a new one this time, but I will believe it when I see it...  Too many horror stories to take things at face value around here...
2017-5-3
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-3 06:25
Ugh.. I hate you a little bit, but rest assured it's just jealousy... I wish I'd know then what I do now - to never buy from DJI directly...

Mine was defective out of the box and DJI outright refused to take it back - despite it being defective from day one...

Back in January when DJI were fulfilling orders directly and letting their resellers down with shipping stock I honestly came very close to buying direct, but bad weather and really wanting to see what issues people were reporting kept me from buying direct. So glad I did now!
2017-5-3
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-3 06:27
Are you me? Because you could totally be me with this experience...though I suppose you could be the other thousand people who've experienced this nightmare as well... I've been assured by 2 supervisors that my defective-out-of-the-box unit will be replaced with a new one this time, but I will believe it when I see it...  Too many horror stories to take things at face value around here...

I'm not sure; I might be!   i think I have met me a few times in the past few days on this forum, there seems to be dozens of me or you.
2017-5-3
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Whoops sorry...
Didn't mean to repost silly me or you
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced