Mavic fell into water.. Do I send back Battery to DJI?
3453 9 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2599bb72
New
Flight distance : 63976 ft
Canada

Hi All,
Drone fell into river. Sending it to DJI for replacement (got DJI Care Refresh). I'm confused if I should include the battery that was also sinked in water (it's obviously damaged) but doesn't show any phisical demage.
Do I include it with the drone when I send it back?
Thanks in advance for your help
Ed
2017-5-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Of course you should!
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would send it back , if it was in water it's no use, be interesting to know if care covers battery because it does cover water damage. Good luck....
2017-5-1
Use props
fans649ac432
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Brazil

I was flying calmly with my mavic when it seems to me that I lost the signal and the control. The mavic eventually crashed into a tree. Could someone help me to learn more about my problem? How do I know what might have happened?
2017-5-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans649ac432 Posted at 2017-5-1 14:44
I was flying calmly with my mavic when it seems to me that I lost the signal and the control. The mavic eventually crashed into a tree. Could someone help me to learn more about my problem? How do I know what might have happened?

First you should start your own thread, you will get plenty of help.
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

To ensure the safety, please do not send in the battery.
You can provide us the battery SN and a picture showing the damage.
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans649ac432 Posted at 2017-5-1 14:44

Sorry to hear about the crash, may I know have you contacted our tech support to report your case and get a case number to send it it?
If no, please sync your flight records through DJI GO, then send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com with your  dji account and the exact time it crashed.
2017-5-1
Use props
Alan34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136325 ft
Australia

Hi

Sorry to hear about the crash, but i have to say good luck with you waiting time when you send your product back to DJI repair centre, it will take significant time.

Alan
2017-5-2
Use props
fans2599bb72
New
Flight distance : 63976 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-1 23:00
To ensure the safety, please do not send in the battery.
You can provide us the battery SN and a picture showing the damage.

Thanks Natalia,
Will not send, but like I've mentioned there isn't any physical damage to show on the picture.
Here's a quick update on my situation:
I let the drone dry up and fired it up (with a new battery since the old one is not working anymore), to my surprise the drone started up, got all the connections going and I took it out on an easy flight. All works (except the battery that fell in water with the drone)... One thing I did notice: it's not as stable (staying in one spot) as it was when I first started using it, and it varies speed sometimes when I try to smoothly fly it. I noticed that a couple flights before it crashed too, not sure if that's what made me cause to crash in the first place as I was very careful on the control and the drone accelerated itself backwards and kept on going backwards until it hit the wall and fell into a river (without my control input). Now I havn't used the drone very much to know if that is normal behavior or not...
So my question is: should I still send back to drone for repair? or keep and try flying it more to see if it works well...
Thanks for your help,
Ed
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2599bb72 Posted at 2017-5-3 11:32
Thanks Natalia,
Will not send, but like I've mentioned there isn't any physical damage to show on the picture.
Here's a quick update on my situation:

It does not matter there is no physical damage on the battery.
I would not fly the aircraft again since it's water damaged, the safety and performance cannot be guaranteed.
Since it's covered by DJI Refresh Service, it would be better to replace it.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules