signal lost (not "no rc signal")
1253 4 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbde3d07d
New
Flight distance : 79 ft
United States

This is on Phantom 3 pro- After like 8 months of not touching the drone at all and storing it in its backpack at room temp I charged up all the batteries and got a no transmission signal but it also said I have to do firmware updates on everything. I did the firmware update on everything (it's May 10th 2017 as I write this). On my ipad air2 it said "no transmission signal/no camera signal" i did the link rc transmitter to the drone procedure and it said it was successfull. I get all 5 bars near the remote controller symbol and it even says "home point has been updated" audio notification. I tried using my Galaxy s7 phone and still "no signal". Note that it's not saying "no RC signal", it's just saying "signal lost". I did a visual check to see any damage on the drone itself or any ribbon cables undone and nothing of that sort. I get no camera signal but the google maps small window in the lower left corner shows my correct location. It sees all the satellites great too. I took the memory card out after seeing several Youtube videos to no avail. My instincts are telling me this might be different firmware updates for controller and aircraft. The aircraft's firmware has the latest Nov. 2016 loaded on it.

2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please verify what firware versions your unit is running on both the RC and aircraft? Unless you're on firmware older than 1.3.2, then you would update the RC firmware via the Go app.
2017-5-10
Use props
fansbde3d07d
New
Flight distance : 79 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-10 11:42
Could you please verify what firware versions your unit is running on both the RC and aircraft? Unless you're on firmware older than 1.3.2, then you would update the RC firmware via the Go app.

Actually last year when I flew it with the old firmware it ran great and I got a video signal. Didn't crash or anything. When I went to fly it for the 1st time yesterday it had the same firmware and no video signal. That's proof that it not the firmware that's causing the no video signal problem. I'll check the firmware versions on controller and aircraft when I get home.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansbde3d07d Posted at 2017-5-10 21:59
Actually last year when I flew it with the old firmware it ran great and I got a video signal. Didn't crash or anything. When I went to fly it for the 1st time yesterday it had the same firmware and no video signal. That's proof that it not the firmware that's causing the no video signal problem. I'll check the firmware versions on controller and aircraft when I get home.

Is the Go app updated or are you running an older version of that as well?
2017-5-11
Use props
griffins
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-11 06:45
Is the Go app updated or are you running an older version of that as well?

i have the exact same issue after updating controller battery and aircraft to latest firmwate using latest version of ios dji go app;   original out of box firmware worked great and as soon as i updated the drone is worthless, rc signal lost
2017-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules