P3P Remote control firmware upgrade not working
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansafc6a420
New
Flight distance : 200305 ft
Puerto Rico

I cant seem to update the firmware on the controller,tried both ways, with cord and directly from sdcard in the back of the controller, any suggestions?
Thanks
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Did you get any error message when updating the RC firmware?
2017-5-13
Use props
fansd1f908c2
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. RC version 1.6.0 and app version 3.1.10. My P3P updated just fine to Firmware v1.10.90. No matter if I try to use the SD card, thumbdrive or cord to P3P the RC light remains solid red and does nothing. No error messages or txt files on the SD or drive. I did one update previously without issue. Any ideas? Thanks!
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansd1f908c2 Posted at 2017-5-17 06:26
I'm having the same issue. RC version 1.6.0 and app version 3.1.10. My P3P updated just fine to Firmware v1.10.90. No matter if I try to use the SD card, thumbdrive or cord to P3P the RC light remains solid red and does nothing. No error messages or txt files on the SD or drive. I did one update previously without issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

Try the follwoing button combinations to ensure the communication is solid betweenthe aircraft and RC.

Reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote

I'd recommend manually relinking witht he following combination:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Please be advised that the RC updates via the Go app ever since the 1.3.2 firmware update. The SD card method wouldn't work. The RC has a separate RC version, which the current is v1.8.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Do you still need help?
2017-5-18
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi please be aware that many people are having problems with 1.8 and have gone back to version 1.6  there is supposed to be a new update soon
2017-5-18
Use props
fansd1f908c2
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-18 07:46
Try the follwoing button combinations to ensure the communication is solid betweenthe aircraft and RC.

Reset the RC of presets:

Thanks for the info!  Just before you posted this, I went to see if it would fly, and got a message on the app that RC firmware needed to be updated. I was able to download it right then, and it updated.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansd1f908c2 Posted at 2017-5-25 11:14
Thanks for the info!  Just before you posted this, I went to see if it would fly, and got a message on the app that RC firmware needed to be updated. I was able to download it right then, and it updated.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules