Firmware Upgrade - I've tried everything with no success!
1131 11 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spendy
New
Australia

Hi guys,

I know there's a lot of threads on firmware upgrades but I've tried all suggestions on the DJI Forum with no success so thought I'd try posting for help before returning it!

I'm having a lot of trouble updating my firmware from .0550 to .0600 and now .0700. I only recently got my Mavic (3 weeks ago) and since I took it out of the box I've been unable to upgrade the firmware (even though I've successfully upgraded a friend's Mavic previously).

See below for what I've tried which has amounted to about 15 or so attempts to upgrade the firmware.

DJI GO 4 App (yes I have the latest version) - The firmware downloads but the upload to the Mavic gets stuck on 76% every time! After a while it times out and says its 'unsuccessful'. I have turned off Mavic and controller, restarted them and tried to upgrade from .0550 firmware several times with no success.

Downgraded firmware then upgraded - I then tried downgrading the firmware for the Mavic and RC remote to 2 versions earlier. The downgrade was successful, then I upgraded 1 level of firmware with success, then upgraded again to .0550 with success! But when I go to upgrade to .0600 it has the same problem and will not finish the upload, giving me the error, upgrade failed.

Finally I tried using a PC to upgrade firmware. The idea was to upgrade the Mavic and RC independently, first starting with the Mavic. This was only last night so the new .0700 firmware has been released. I tried upgrading to .0600 with no success. I then tried upgrading straight to .0700 with no success. I then tried click 'refresh' firmware for the .0550 version which was successfully completed. This gave me some hope so tried to upgrade to the .0700 firmware and guess what... failed getting stuck at 76%!

Can anyone help me here or does it need to be sent back??

Cheers. Mike.
2017-5-14
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi,

The easy way:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 38&page=1#pid792327 but she isnt always there.

The Way i used, (worth a try or 2):

Uninstall and Make a clean Install of DJI Assistant 2 (also remove folders and everything left under AppData, if present, etc)
Use a new dedicated USB Port with dji usb cable, no hubs, no usb 3 and Make sure you have a good solid internet connection, possibly wired
Register a new DJI Account and use it in newly reinstalled DJI Assistant 2  Then Connect only Mavic , RC off
Cancel any popup prompt if appears (thats for the battery update) Start update to .700 from top of the list,
10 sec After the first automatic reboot at 57%  or 60% Turn off the Mavic Pro manually
Remove the battery for about 1 Minute
Install the same battery again,  restart the Mavic and it should  complete the install

2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mike, sorry to hear you kept failing to upgrade the firmware.
May I know have you tried the method mentioned above? if the firmware still cannot be upgraded successfully, please provide me your DJI account? We'll reconfigure it for you.
Then you can upgrade it through Assistant 2 directly.
Here is the instruction:
1. Upgrade the firmware V01.03.0350 firstly.
2. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to V01.03.0600, it will be working.
2017-5-14
Use props
Mitran DCinema
New

Malaysia

After I did the FIRMWIRE UPGRADE the remote control stopped working.
The lights are not turning on, and it seems to not be receiving power from the batteries.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mitran DCinema Posted at 2017-5-15 06:08
After I did the FIRMWIRE UPGRADE the remote control stopped working.
The lights are not turning on, and it seems to not be receiving power from the batteries.

Could you please clarify your aircraft model? how did you perform the upgrading?
2017-5-15
Use props
Spendy
New
Australia

Hi Natalia,

I tried what x1m0x recommended (thanks!) but it didn't work. Just to confirm your instructions which I will try tonight, you mention to upgrade the firmware V1.0350 firstly... do you mean 01.03.0550? I am currently on .0550 so do I need to do something with this firmware before trying to upgrade to .0600?
My DJI Account is mike.hill2107@hotmail.com.

I will try the upgrade tonight.

Thanks.
2017-5-16
Use props
Spendy
New
Australia

Spendy Posted at 2017-5-16 13:34
Hi Natalia,

I tried what x1m0x recommended (thanks!) but it didn't work. Just to confirm your instructions which I will try tonight, you mention to upgrade the firmware V1.0350 firstly... do you mean 01.03.0550? I am currently on .0550 so do I need to do something with this firmware before trying to upgrade to .0600?

Just to be clear which firmware version I should be upgrading from... I didn't have an option on DJI Asssitance 2 for firmware .0350. The only option I have is .0550 which my drone is currently on. Please advise which firmware I should be upgrading from when upgrading to .0600? Also, now that .0700 firmware is now available, I should I upgrade straight to that or do I need to upgrade to .0600 first?
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Spendy Posted at 2017-5-16 13:50
Just to be clear which firmware version I should be upgrading from... I didn't have an option on DJI Asssitance 2 for firmware .0350. The only option I have is .0550 which my drone is currently on. Please advise which firmware I should be upgrading from when upgrading to .0600? Also, now that .0700 firmware is now available, I should I upgrade straight to that or do I need to upgrade to .0600 first?

We need help you reconfigure it after getting your DJI account, besides, we hide your info for privacy.
Please connect your aircraft to the PC and run Assistant 2, then check again.
2017-5-16
Use props
Spendy
New
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-16 19:15
We need help you reconfigure it after getting your DJI account, besides, we hide your info for privacy.
Please connect your aircraft to the PC and run Assistant 2, then check again.

Worked a charm!! Although since I first tried to update the firmware its taken my hours and 20+ attempts, thanks for your prompt response and assistance with my query from when I posted it on the forum.

We got there in the end. Hopefully from here on in its easy to update.
Mike.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Spendy Posted at 2017-5-17 20:06
Worked a charm!! Although since I first tried to update the firmware its taken my hours and 20+ attempts, thanks for your prompt response and assistance with my query from when I posted it on the forum.

We got there in the end. Hopefully from here on in its easy to update.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out, Mike.
Hope you have great time on flying!
2017-5-18
Use props
LeoMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 536083 ft
Netherlands

Hi DJI Natalia,
I have sent you a PM with my account info. Can you please provide the downgrade to 350 in my account?
Kind regards,
Leo
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LeoMavic Posted at 2017-5-22 05:53
Hi DJI Natalia,
I have sent you a PM with my account info. Can you please provide the downgrade to 350 in my account?
Kind regards,

No problem, Leo, will help you handle it soon, please check it later and hope you could upgrade it successfully!
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules