DJI Care coverage in Thailand? Better to buy in HK?
1908 1 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauriceDz
New
Thailand

I'm based in Thailand for most of the year and want to buy a DJI Mavic Pro. I've been trying to figure out what would be the potential scenarios if:

a) The Mavic became faulty (covered under regular product warranty)
b) The Mavic got damaged (covered under DJI Care)

What I know so far is this:

1. DJI Thailand told me on Facebook there is no DJI Care program in Thailand
2. If the Mavic became faulty I could probably just get it serviced at the authorized dealer I'd buy it from in Bangkok
3. Under any circumstance that I'd have to send the Mavic to some DJI service center abroad (not sure if I would ever need to do that? Does anyone know?), it would most likely be a big hassle to get it back because it would get stuck at Thai customs

What I've also learned is that the DJI Mavic Fly More Combo in Hong Kong's DJI Flagship store is at least $150 cheaper than the cheapest discounted price in Thailand from an authorized dealer. Or $310 cheaper from the regular price in Thailand with no discount.

Would it make more sense for me to go through the hassle of asking a friend/flying in myself and buying DJI Mavic in Hong Kong?

Reasons why buying in HK might be a better idea:

1. It appears that DJI Care most certainly works in Hong Kong
2. Based on online reviews, it appears that if you had any problems with the drone, you could just walk into the HK's DJI flagship store and have it solved very quickly (vs. waiting weeks on end for replacements)
3. I'm always traveling around Asia so HK is a pretty good central hub. I'll pop in maybe twice a year
4. The overall after sales service is probably much better in Hong Kong
5. And of course, it costs less there.

2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello MauriceDz, DJI Care Refresh is not available for Thailand. According to your situation, I think it's better for your to purchase the drone with DJI Care Refresh in HK.
If there's anything wrong with your drone, like a crash, you can go to our HK DJI flagship store and our engineers will help to evaluate your drone.
If it's manufacturing defect and still under warranty period, we will take care of it.
If not, you can choose to use DJI Care Refresh to replace the drone.
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules