Mavic remote not connecting to drone or app
6576 17 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matteo
lvl.2

Italy

Hello,
we've got a Mavic here that has issues with the remote.
Drone works fine in WIFI mode, but the remote won't connect when switching to RC mode.
The remote shows "connecting", but the binding with C1, C2, etc is not working. Not even emitting the "beep".
The link with smartphones and tablets, Android or Apple, is not working, on both USB ports. DJI GO4 shows "disconnected".
When connecting remote to PC, windows shows a device called "Vision (Interface 3)", but doesn't connect to DJI Assistant 2.
Drone connects fine, and even performed an update through the Assistant.

Something else I can do before sending everything back to DJI?
2017-5-18
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have you tried linking the RC to the Mavic via the port on the side of the Mavic. A very tiny hole that you need to use something like the end of a paperclip in.
These instructions explain the method:

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/lin ... ller-with-aircraft/

To be on the safe side, make sure the app has Mavic as the device and make sure you are logged into the app.
2017-5-18
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I am having a similar issue with mine, only that my drone will connect just after a firmware update but 30 minutes later it will not connect! I thought this was a firmware issue but now after several updates nothing has changed, this has been going on for months now and I cant use it and I have tried everything apart from smashing it to bits with a sledge hammer! I was asked to upload RC and flight data which I have and I am waiting for a response, I feel for you cos I am really sick of it now!
2017-5-18
Use props
matteo
lvl.2

Italy

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-18 21:24
Have you tried linking the RC to the Mavic via the port on the side of the Mavic. A very tiny hole that you need to use something like the end of a paperclip in.
These instructions explain the method:

Thanks for the instructions,
unfortunately I did this many times and the app is not seeing the controller at all.
Tried upper and lower USB ports, on iPhone, iPad and Android, nothing...
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

matteo Posted at 2017-5-18 23:47
Thanks for the instructions,
unfortunately I did this many times and the app is not seeing the controller at all.
Tried upper and lower USB ports, on iPhone, iPad and Android, nothing...

Could you please help to confirm if you have disconnected the RC cable from the Micro USB port on the remote controller when using a USB cable?
2017-5-19
Use props
matteo
lvl.2

Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-19 00:35
Could you please help to confirm if you have disconnected the RC cable from the Micro USB port on the remote controller when using a USB cable?

Yes, cable disconnected. I don't understand why it should be an issue (it's just a piece of wire), but I disconnected it to be sure (you never know with DJI products...).
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When did this issue started?  And did anything happen to the drone and controller, like firmware upgrading?  
Besides, have you tried the steps below to connect the RC to the PC:
1. Connect the RC to the PC when the RC is powered off.
2. Then, power on the RC, see if it can be connected to the DJI Assistant 2 or not.
2017-5-20
Use props
fans5abfae88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi,
I have the same problem since one week.. I tried the German support and the us- support... they always tell me how to connect my remote... It does not work..

How did you finally solve it?

I am right before to buy a spare remote (luckily it costs "only" 200€ here in China)

But I would like to prevent it...

My hypothesis is that some during the FW-Update the remote got stuck
2017-9-3
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Same challenge here, app shows disconnected when I think that I can set off. I got around the problem by switching on my tablet last once everything else was set up, on and ready to fly. This did not happen before and I suspected that it was my tablet, a Samsung S2 that worked perfectly before but maybe not.
2017-9-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans5abfae88 Posted at 2017-9-3 00:28
Hi,
I have the same problem since one week.. I tried the German support and the us- support... they always tell me how to connect my remote... It does not work..

Have you tried updating the RC firmware again via the PC via DJI Assistant 2, after connecting the USB remember to turn the RC on otherwise the pc won't recognise it. Turn the app on first, connect the usb and then power on the controller.

After this the process is like updating the AC
2017-9-3
Use props
fans5abfae88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I tried it again and again.... no connection to Dji assistant 2
IMG_3298.JPG
2017-9-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans5abfae88 Posted at 2017-9-3 03:05

It sounds to me like the USB cable might be the problem; try with a different one and see if that works.

As far as being able to connect the aircraft and remote, that's probably caused by a different problem, and the first thing I'd recommend trying would be to re-link the two using DJI's tutorial video:

2017-9-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans5abfae88 Posted at 2017-9-3 03:05

Did you turn the RC on ?
2017-9-3
Use props
fans5abfae88
lvl.1

China

2017-9-4
Use props
flyawaytw
New
Flight distance : 35279 ft
United States

Ive been having same problem with not connecting but it shows that it did connecting to ac then puts manual rth and stick emi2 on the rc screen. The leds on ac blinking normally slow green blink. It will not connect to the app or let me control the ac with rc.
2017-9-5
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I had the same problem.
It was solved after reinstalling the FW .1000 version of Sept 1st with DJI Assistant
Of course I had to insist a lot of times before I succeed to connect the RC with the PC, since it was not working properly.
After the FW update, the connection was working fine with the PC and with the Iphone.
My guess is that during the previous installation of the FW .1000, something went wrong with the USB driver of the RC.
2017-9-5
Use props
flyawaytw
New
United States

ok castormalin ill try your recommendations and get back to you.  
Thanks
2017-9-7
Use props
flyawaytw
New
United States

not working for me i upgraded both the a/c and the r/c still not connecting? still got a error "rth" and "stick emi2". do you think the r/c is gone bad?
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules