DJI Mavic has Gone Mindless
1718 19 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I was hoping not to come onto the forums with another horror story but I need help long. I have flown my Mavic not more than 21 minutes and have had it less than 2 days then I started getting these System Error messages:
4F0000F
b00004
Code:200 (today)
Hardware Malfunction
Now it won't connect

I've restarted, calibrated, reset factory defaults and used the DJI Assistant to refresh software and there has been no positive change and I'm lost and frustrated. I have only had it for such a limited time and am turned off to using this thing. What caused this and can we remedy this?

I've tried to do the VPS calibration but I'm not getting the "red box"

Please help.

2017-5-19
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

I would def try another FW and see if it addresses your problems.

There are particular threads about FW upgrades if you require help with that.

Other than that you seem to have covered the main trouble shooting methods, so it may require a trip to the shop to be sorted if you cant bring it back to playing fair with a new FW.
2017-5-19
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

My recommendation: bring it back and ask for refund while it is time (you have 7 days if you bought it direct from the DJI store). If you still want to do business with DJI, then buy a new one from a retailer. You do not want to have to deal with DJI support, never ever. I wish I could have thought about this myself... Good luck!
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, it seems to be a hardware problem.
Have you contacted our tech support to report this and get a case number to send it in for assessment by our engineers?
2017-5-21
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-21 02:47
Sorry to hear about that, it seems to be a hardware problem.
Have you contacted our tech support to report this and get a case number to send it in for assessment by our engineers?

I called in and spent 90 minutes on a call and was given some conflicting information. First I was told that we have 14 days for a return or 15 days for an exchange and not the 7 days however the website states 7 days.  Secondly, and quite dismaying is that it is a known issue that there may be a compatibility problem when using VPS on Windows Ten version PC. This blew my mind f it's a "known" issue, 1) Why not advise with a message when receiving a call or put a video up somewhere. 2) why isn't there a fix to this?

CS:  Support NA373
Ticket:
Support:
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-22 20:18
I called in and spent 90 minutes on a call and was given some conflicting information. First I was told that we have 14 days for a return or 15 days for an exchange and not the 7 days however the website states 7 days.  Secondly, and quite dismaying is that it is a known issue that there may be a compatibility problem when using VPS on Windows Ten version PC. This blew my mind f it's a "known" issue, 1) Why not advise with a message when receiving a call or put a video up somewhere. 2) why isn't there a fix to this?

Apologize for the trouble caused.
For the return and refund policy, please check the screenshots below, sorry for the confusion made by support agents.
For the system error you provided, it should be a hardware issue, you have done the basic troubleshooting already, it cannot be resolved remotely, the best course of action would be to send it in for assessment by our engineers.
For VPS calibration, what troubleshooting you've done?
You can also upload a screenshot for the error here, I can reported the issue to our engineers.

R.png
RE.png
2017-5-23
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIs policy for refunds, exchanges etc contravene most countries rules, regulations and guidelines. Having spoken to DJIs customer service today and emailed them, I'm notary happy. Hope you get it sorted fella. Send it back for a full refund and purchase one elsewhere to ensure you're not sent a refurbished turkey.
2017-5-23
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-23 04:58
Apologize for the trouble caused.
For the return and refund policy, please check the screenshots below, sorry for the confusion made by support agents.
For the system error you provided, it should be a hardware issue, you have done the basic troubleshooting already, it cannot be resolved remotely, the best course of action would be to send it in for assessment by our engineers.

I cannot do any VPS calibrating as the only option I am aware of is to use Assistant 2 and from my understanding, I cannot as I have Windows 10. Are there any other options?

I tested today and the GPS was & all Sensors were working but then it failed. It seems to be excessively sensitive is there a way to dull it?

2017-5-23
Use props
fans0cdccbeb
New
United States

Just do a factory reset... oh wait.

Yeaaaaaa... return/exchange.
2017-5-23
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fans0cdccbeb Posted at 2017-5-23 14:44
Just do a factory reset... oh wait.

Yeaaaaaa... return/exchange.

Setting up exchange tomorrow. How long does it take, how long does it take?
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-23 17:34

I have windows10 and I was able to use Assistant 2. Just make sure you power your computer and log in as an ADMINISTRATOR and when you open Assit 2 right click and open as an ADMINISTRATOR.

But as suggested above, return for a refund and purchase from a store. Goo luck!
2017-5-23
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-23 18:25
I have windows10 and I was able to use Assistant 2. Just make sure you power your computer and log in as an ADMINISTRATOR and when you open Assit 2 right click and open as an ADMINISTRATOR.

But as suggested above, return for a refund and purchase from a store. Goo luck!

Software opened, however, the calibration screen would not show the red square to line up within the other.
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-23 19:37
Software opened, however, the calibration screen would not show the red square to line up within the other.

What phone/tablet/ OS/ FW are you using?
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-23 17:34

Did you contact our support to get a case number?
2017-5-24
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 04:46
Did you contact our support to get a case number?

Yes, I did I sent back the required document and am awaiting the label to be emailed to me to ship.
2017-5-24
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-23 19:37

You need to lower your screen resolution in Windows to solve this.
2017-5-24
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-5-24 14:25
You need to lower your screen resolution in Windows to solve this.

I asked CS, they told me it wouldn't matter. Do I just have to try each resolution?
2017-5-24
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-24 17:12
I asked CS, they told me it wouldn't matter. Do I just have to try each resolution?

1440 x 900 works for me.
2017-5-24
Use props
Eht_Eno
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fallsilent Posted at 2017-5-24 17:20
1440 x 900 works for me.

Thank you, unfortunately, I did not get to test this as I had returned the package.
2017-5-26
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Eht_Eno Posted at 2017-5-23 14:34
I cannot do any VPS calibrating as the only option I am aware of is to use Assistant 2 and from my understanding, I cannot as I have Windows 10. Are there any other options?

I tested today and the GPS was & all Sensors were working but then it failed. It seems to be excessively sensitive is there a way to dull it?

Windows 10 works perfect, but you need to disable "driver signature enforcement" at startup. Make sure you did that before installing DJIA2. Else a few drivers will fail to install.

2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules