Activating with DJI GO
5301 4 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neuromancer
New

Canada

Hey everyone, I hope I can get a bit of help with activating my drone.

I was just given a Phantom 3 recently as a graduation gift from my master's program, and I've been having a hard time getting it working.  I was told that I would need a smartphone to fly it, but I was unable to get it to work with mine.  It's a Lumia 925, which is fairly recent, but I can't seem to get the DJI GO app on it.

I found a few posts that suggested that I would need some kind of iOS device to get it to work, so I bought a cheap used iOS iPad mini so I could get it to work.  I can connect to the drone with the iPad now, but when I tried to fly it today it wouldn't let me because it tried to activate the drone with DJI and the activation failed because it didn't have an internet connection.  Well obviously it doesn't have an internet connection, since the wifi radio is being used to connect to the drone. If I were to connect to the internet, obviously I wouldn't be connected to the drone anymore, and so wouldn't be able to activate it anyways.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I notice that the drone has a micro USB port, but the cable for my iPad terminates in a USB type A connector.  Is it possible to connect to the drone through USB and should I buy a micro USB to USB adapter to activate it?  I don't want to waste too much more money on this, but if an adapter will work I will buy one.

Thanks for any ideas!  I can't imagine it should be this difficult to get it going, but it's being a right pain.
2017-5-20
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Welcome, before you can fly you need to download the Dji GO app either on your phone or Ipad and register your Phantom 3 with a valid email.You can download the manual online which is easier to read than the manual that came in the box which is to light and small for me to read.
2017-5-20
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

I guess I was too late so I couldn't edit my above post but  after you install and get the Go APP going  you will probably need to do this.

2017-5-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I did it on that way: I used an old ODYS to activate. First i switched on the RC->AC and Tab. ...searched for the WIFI signal of the P3 and read the data from the copter via Go app. Then i connected to the home WIFI and signed up to DJI via Go app. Then i returned to the P3 WIFI and waited a moment. My copter was ready to fly indicated by blinking green rapidly 3 times and then slow. The app talked to me "home point has been activated check it on the map!" and the status bar on the app was solid green.
2017-5-21
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

The DJI-GO app is only available for Android and IOS.
There is no DJI-GO app for Windows phone.
You have to switch to Android or IOS.

Regards,

2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules