Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RenaudFR
lvl.1
Poland

Hey,

First of all, sorry for my english.

I have two questions about Mavic:

- I know that DJI doesn't encourage us to use the drone when the wind is more than 35 km/h, but why? Is it because then it is hard to controle drone? Or because it damages the drone (gimbal, propellers, motors, baterry, etc)?

- When I turn on the drone and the propellers, I sometimes see some dust under and around which flies. Is it dngerous for the drone or the dust just flies away thanks the speed of the propellers? Does the Mavic resist to dust?

Thanks for your help!
2017-5-21
Use props
RenaudFR
lvl.1
Poland

Hi Somebody to help please or maybe my english is so bad that nobody understands
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In a very strong wind, if you are headed home into the wind the aircraft may not be able to make it back. As far as dust, try to take off from a clean surface or at least get a landing pad if you need to take off from the dirt.
2017-5-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The wind won't damage your drone so long as you are in control of it. If you are a new user then it would be safer to fly in low wind.
At the front of the Mavic is a vent that draws in air to help keep it cool. If you takeoff or fly where there is a lot of dust or debris in the air, then it may get sucked into the Mavic and that is not good.
2017-5-22
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

The Mavic can handle windy conditions pretty good, remember though if you can't get it back in gps mode there is two options you can try. Turn off the forward facing avoidance sensors, that will speed the Mavic up, in normal calm conditions the Mavic will fly around 30mph with the sensors off and in my experience the Mavic does a pretty good job battling the wind with the front sensors off,  The second way is just to hit the sport button on the side. If you can't get it back in that mode then you're just SOL.
2017-5-22
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

When the wind reaches a certain speed, Mavic is unable to hold its position after the GPS signal and will then drifte with the wind. The limit is about 10 km/h lower than full speed in P mode. If the drone starts and drives you can fly home manually if the wind speed is not higher than the top speed of the mode you are using (P or S).

Happy flying. Regards Leif.
2017-5-22
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

that's why:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-95900-1-1.html
2017-5-22
Use props
RenaudFR