Can I remove the dji phantom 3 advanced legs?
1841 3 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raw Visionz
New
Flight distance : 46742 ft
United States

Hello. I am a new flyer? I have a question that may sound odd but, if I were you unscrew the legs/ landing gear and fold them down to place in my backpack would that effect the compass when screwed back on later? My plan was to remove the camera and gimbal, unscrew the legs then tape them down to the shell so that no wires are damanged? Is this possible to do and not effet the compass since the battery will not be installed?
2017-5-21
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, it is possible. Just be careful not to damage the antenna and compass cables.
To be honest though, if it's something you need to do often, sell the P3A and get a Mavic.
2017-5-21
Use props
Raw Visionz
New
Flight distance : 46742 ft
United States

PaulSouthport Posted at 2017-5-21 10:46
Yes, it is possible. Just be careful not to damage the antenna and compass cables.
To be honest though, if it's something you need to do often, sell the P3A and get a Mavic.

It will just be a one time thing. (well technically two times) for my flight to Las Vegas. and return flight. I appreciate your quick response. As well as I understand the importance of the antenna's and compass cables. Thank you.
2017-5-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Raw Visionz Posted at 2017-5-21 10:53
It will just be a one time thing. (well technically two times) for my flight to Las Vegas. and return flight. I appreciate your quick response. As well as I understand the importance of the antenna's and compass cables. Thank you.

I wouldn't think it should be a big deal for you. Just use some common sense and be careful. Those wires are small and you don't want to tug on them because they go up into the phantom, but only a couple screws to remove and they should lay right down for you.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules