Phantom 4 Pro missing frames in spanned clips
981 3 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
upinthesky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73061 ft
United States

There seems to be a problem with how the P4pro handles spanned clips.  When I import the clips into FCPX:
1) they are not identified as spanned clips (Final Cut should recognize them as such)

2) there are missing frames from the beginning of the second clip

This makes the otherwise excellent video unusable as a clean join is impossible.  As near as I can tell from searching the forums, this issue has been around for a while and is apparently not unique to the P4pro (https://forum.dji.com/thread-16432-1-1.html).  The problem arbitrarily limits usable video length to 5 mins. Has DJI addressed this issue?  If not, I wonder why.  

2017-5-21
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

My work around has been to do something at the 5 minute or 4 GB point that will enable a transition effect to be inserted to merge/join into the next file.  Hopefully they will get this fixed in the next upgrade.
2017-5-21
Use props
upinthesky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73061 ft
United States

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-21 19:57
My work around has been to do something at the 5 minute or 4 GB point that will enable a transition effect to be inserted to merge/join into the next file.  Hopefully they will get this fixed in the next upgrade.

Thanks paysaytenpete.  Normally, I should be able to deal with this using your strategy, or shooting shorter clips.  This was a surprise and occurred right in the middle of an important take on my last job, and I did not realize the problem until post.  I am just extremely surprised that DJI has let this issue linger for as long as it has, given how important it is to pro videographers!
2017-5-21
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

I've had some problems with this. In one fly over I got two files with a few frames missing in between. I had some success with frame interpolation in Premiere Pro but it wasn't perfect. It's annoyning.

I also have a Sony actioncam and the other day I filmed a 2 hour straight clip for a timelapse, 45 GB filesize, no problem...
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules