Mavic Pro Footage in Adobe Premier Pro CC
3871 4 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justin Leiva
New

United States

I recently picked up the Mavic Pro i am a photographer in the PNW and i wanted to start taking some aerial photos aswell as moving into videography. When i import the footage to my Macbook Pro it seems to play fine and smooth in Quicktime. When i import it into Adobe premier it is super choppy and poor quality. Do you guys convert your footage before import to Premier Pro? Also i can not figure out for the life of me how to make the video from my camera flow well with my drone footage they are both different sizes etc. any advice would be greatly appreciate and if this is not the place to post this i apologize.

Thanks in advance,

Jay
2017-5-21
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

The recorded MOV/MP4 files from Mavic Pro are compressed using the h.264 codec, which is final delivery codec and it is not one you want to use for editing. If you stick to edit Mavic Pro 4K in Premiere Pro CC, you’d better convert them to a more editing-friendly format for Premiere Pro like MPEG-2.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans09485f49
lvl.2

United States

For comparison mate- I have no issues with filming 4k .MP4's then editing with Premier Pro CC.  Win10
2017-6-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Are you viewing the video in the small screen within the program? Change to viewing full screen and you should see a better video. Mine does it as well and I think it is because it is compressing the 4k file to the smaller viewing window.
2017-6-14
Use props
Jojoyuan
lvl.2

China

Hi, there, here the best workaround:http://make-all-editing-smoothly ... remiere-pro-cc.html
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules