2213 9 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49c8848f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91962 ft
Finland

Hello mavic pro lovers.
My mavic have problem, it films good quality but takes photos at bad quality. So is it with all mavics or its just mine?
Please upload unedited photos to answer if possible so I can compare to mine photos.
2017-5-21
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

as always .... Firmware? DJI Go Version? Examples....your mavic photo config ?
Without those 3 things nobody can assist you
2017-5-21
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

You could start by uploading your own to illustrate what you are talking about?

You can find a lot of photos by Mavics here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/3103751@N22/pool/

2017-5-21
Use props
fans49c8848f
lvl.1
Finland

Sorry for delay...
Here photos from last shoot. That shoot was after last firmware reinstall also last dji go4 and after IMU, compass, joystick and gimball calibration. All this moves improved the quality, but anyway its kinda poor to my opinion. all camera settings was reset to factory settings, so settings was something like image format JPG, white balance custom by light condition, color normal and with style I tried different. I noticed that if u dial down in camera sharpness the image comes out really crappy so to get some quality there is too much sharpness added. Photos are here
2017-5-24
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

fans49c8848f Posted at 2017-5-24 10:45
Sorry for delay...
Here photos from last shoot. That shoot was after last firmware reinstall also last dji go4 and after IMU, compass, joystick and gimball calibration. All this moves improved the quality, but anyway its kinda poor to my opinion. all camera settings was reset to factory settings, so settings was something like image format JPG, white balance custom by light condition, color normal and with style I tried different. I noticed that if u dial down in camera sharpness the image comes out really crappy so to get some quality there is too much sharpness added. Photos are here

Are you serious about this?  You have an interesting view of "bad quality" photos.

I'm not seeing much wrong with your pictures.
2017-5-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans49c8848f Posted at 2017-5-24 10:45
Sorry for delay...

The Mavic camera loves strong light.

Shoot RAW and edit with your favorite RAW image editor -- I use Adobe Lightroom. DJI's JPGs have some aggressive processing and noise reduction that in some lighting conditions work well but other times end up kind of overcooked.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans49c8848f
lvl.1
Finland

I added 3 photos from today's shoot.
Doesn't it look like everything is out of focus? " photos are here"
2017-5-25
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those look sharp to me.
2017-5-25
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I wouldn't say they look out of focus, but definitely low on detail.
It is much too aggressive noise-reduction which unfortunately kicks in especially when you lower sharpening.
If you can (and will) do RAW editing, I strongly suggest you shot in the DNG/RAW format instead of JPG.
See a a comparison of JPG (with sharpening -1) vs RAW/DNG at http://forum.dji.com/thread-94609-1-1.html (below the profile-testing shots).
2017-5-25
Use props
fans49c8848f
lvl.1
Finland

hello.
So I found where was this bug and fix to it.
It was simply photo viewing software problem. When I open my photos in win10 standart photo sowtfare they look very crappy and blurry,but when I open them in any other software they look nice and sharp.
So thanks to everybody who responded to my question.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules