DJI Straight out lied to me... sigh
1164 14 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mewchi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

I recently got a new Phantom 4 Pro+, stressing the word NEW.  It had a compass issue right out of the box.  The vendor I got it from said it would be quicker to send it to DJI for repair as they were out of units.  That was my first mistake.  It took 3 weeks.    But what really annoys me is that DJI told me in my ticket that I would get the NEW drone back and it would not be swapped out.  So during the course of the repair, the wait felt like a repair was occurring.  Then the wait for shipping.  During which I lost a client because my drone was in for repair.   Today I got my returned drone, expecting they had repaired my drone.   But they didn't.   They swapped in another drone.  Its just bad business and possibly illegal to do this without the explicit consent of the customer.    Like if I brought my new Audi in for service and they gave me back a different car that is similar but not mine.   It's quite annoying that they did this and certainly not cool.  My SO is an attorney and investigating if this practice is legal or not in California.  She believes it is not.  Shame on you DJI. I deserved to get my NEW drone back.   Not one that has been obviously used by the marks on it.

2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Mewchi, I am so sorry for your unpleasant experience . Please provide me your case number so I can check what happened. Thank you in advance.
2017-5-22
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

Hello Thor...  

I zendesk case 521806 I was told by your CS person that I would receive the original drone back after it was repaired, not a swap out.    It was  "replaced" under "repair" ticket  CAS-610800-M3H9P6. The process during the entire repair felt like a repair was being done.  If it was just a swap it should have been a lot faster.   But that is not realy the issue here.   The issue is I sent in my new drone for repair.  A drone that had only been flown once.  I received back a drone that has 25+ flights logged on its memory.   Even after I was told by Myra that it would not happen.  
2017-5-23
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

An interesting and scary part of the swap too is that I now know where the previous owner lived.   If you are going to swap out drones you really need to consider wiping all of the DAT files.   I was able to download and decode all of them and can see that this drone was flown in Miami several times, quite a few from the same house.      Sigh.
2017-5-23
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

Any insight as to why my drone was swapped for a used one.?
2017-5-23
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

mewchi Posted at 2017-5-23 10:13
An interesting and scary part of the swap too is that I now know where the previous owner lived.   If you are going to swap out drones you really need to consider wiping all of the DAT files.   I was able to download and decode all of them and can see that this drone was flown in Miami several times, quite a few from the same house.      Sigh.

Ugh... That's terrible... While I'm sure they will quickly tell you "swapping with a 'like new' was the TOS you agreed to" (which is super shady, but they proudly state it when pressed), this whole 'leaving data' on the
unit and then sending it out is a completely different ballgame...  I bet some media outlets would have a ball with that info...
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mewchi Posted at 2017-5-23 09:30
Hello Thor...  

I zendesk case 521806 I was told by your CS person that I would receive the original drone back after it was repaired, not a swap out.    It was  "replaced" under "repair" ticket  CAS-610800-M3H9P6. The process during the entire repair felt like a repair was being done.  If it was just a swap it should have been a lot faster.   But that is not realy the issue here.   The issue is I sent in my new drone for repair.  A drone that had only been flown once.  I received back a drone that has 25+ flights logged on its memory.   Even after I was told by Myra that it would not happen.

I sympathize with your situation, sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience. I’ve reported your case to the management to see what we can do to make your experience with us better, we will have someone to contact you for detail later. Appreciate your patient.
2017-5-24
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-23 20:11
Ugh... That's terrible... While I'm sure they will quickly tell you "swapping with a 'like new' was the TOS you agreed to" (which is super shady, but they proudly state it when pressed), this whole 'leaving data' on the
unit and then sending it out is a completely different ballgame...  I bet some media outlets would have a ball with that info...

I hadn't even considered that.   The violation of privacy here is off the charts if you ask me.  It's shame it didn't have any video/pics stored with it.  Although the files are pretty massive. Do they hide that stuff in there too?
2017-5-24
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

Obviously, the person that left me a voicemail didn't get it.  He wants to exchange the drone for yet another drone. Most likely used as well. All I wanted was mine repaired since it was NEW....   They didn't even leave me contact info..   argh.
2017-5-24
Use props
Idssie
lvl.1
Netherlands

I was having the same problem i sended my drone for repair and i received a second hand drone with lots of damages. i wish i looked in the flight log files when they were still on there i would go to the court in The Netherlands i already had one reason to put them for court because its not allowed to replace a drone with a second hand drone with damages. If there were also personal information from a other person on the drone i would not accept that.
2017-5-24
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

Idssie Posted at 2017-5-24 14:07
I was having the same problem i sended my drone for repair and i received a second hand drone with lots of damages. i wish i looked in the flight log files when they were still on there i would go to the court in The Netherlands i already had one reason to put them for court because its not allowed to replace a drone with a second hand drone with damages. If there were also personal information from a other person on the drone i would not accept that.

I just spent 90 minutes on the phone trying to get clarification on what they intend to do.  They sent me an RMA label and said they will exchange it.  Exchange it for what?  Another refurb minus logs, a new one?   They couldn't tell me.  sigh.    My wife informs me that it is illegal in the US if it is a warranty repair to replace a product with a substandard product.  Only on under the care refresh can they get away with that.  But not warranty, which this was a warranty repair.  Someone messed up.  Now if I send it I guess I wait 3 more weeks..   You can bet I am fully documenting this and backing up all of those flight logs in case they stiff me.

2017-5-24
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
United States

mewchi Posted at 2017-5-24 15:51
I just spent 90 minutes on the phone trying to get clarification on what they intend to do.  They sent me an RMA label and said they will exchange it.  Exchange it for what?  Another refurb minus logs, a new one?   They couldn't tell me.  sigh.    My wife informs me that it is illegal in the US if it is a warranty repair to replace a product with a substandard product.  Only on under the care refresh can they get away with that.  But not warranty, which this was a warranty repair.  Someone messed up.  Now if I send it I guess I wait 3 more weeks..   You can bet I am fully documenting this and backing up all of those flight logs in case they stiff me.

So to follow up and close this thread.    DJI made good.  I sent them the used drone they sent me and in return, roughly 3 days later got a brand new replacement.  Thats all I wanted out of this and ultimately it's what I got.  Thank you, DJI,
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mewchi Posted at 2017-6-13 12:57
So to follow up and close this thread.    DJI made good.  I sent them the used drone they sent me and in return, roughly 3 days later got a brand new replacement.  Thats all I wanted out of this and ultimately it's what I got.  Thank you, DJI,

We are pleased to hear everything has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-6-14
Use props
NorcalCobra
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-14 01:08
We are pleased to hear everything has been resolved, wish you have a nice time on flying the drone.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

No questions, no problems.  The replacement unit has been flawless.   Thank you.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

NorcalCobra Posted at 2017-6-14 12:20
No questions, no problems.  The replacement unit has been flawless.   Thank you.

You are welcome, enjoy flying~
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules