Here is what happens if one mounts an external camera on a mavic pro :-)  Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PR9AVE3PNc

2017-5-23
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

nice! do you have a picture of mavic with the camera mounts on?
2017-5-23
Use props
fansde321d89
New
Flight distance : 322972 ft
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-5-23 22:44
nice! do you have a picture of mavic with the camera mounts on?

yep, here we go:

2017-5-23
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

The rearward facing from beneath the mavic was a cool perspective .
2017-5-24
Use props
fansde321d89
New
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-24 05:43
The rearward facing from beneath the mavic was a cool perspective .

Here's more with longer clips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZybOVVBnnVo
2017-5-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice! did it felt like the Mavic was out of balanced?
2017-5-24
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-5-24 20:36
Nice! did it felt like the Mavic was out of balanced?

i want to hear that answer to ..nice
2017-5-24
Use props
fansde321d89
New
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-5-24 20:49
i want to hear that answer to ..nice

Depends. So I had 5 setups:

1) straight out 12 o'clock, flat forward with camera pointing back. Like can be seen in 03 clip at 3min10s . That position was simple since both motors lifted camera easily. Problem there was focus for the gimbal camera. The double cameras forward focused on the camera so the footage from the mavic was blurry. No issues with unstable, normal engine load.

2) Side mounted as seen in 02-clip at 37s mark. Basically camera glues to one leg pointing towards gimbal. This was easiest noticed no difference... no resitance nothing. Engine load normal.

3) Extended Side mounted: in 02-clip at 2min38s mark. This is the wood stick attached under the motor of the front arm extending  out beyond one arm:  This one was quite brutal.  The extended arm created a lot of load on that one engine I think. Flying out was easy, back there was a lot of wind and it would barely cover any distance. Had to switch to sport mode.. that got it moving finally.. but the engines were pretty much on 100% load most of the time.. it was flyable but it would jerk occasionally to the side. This was a triple wammy. Most of the load on one engine.. the extension created more leverage and also more resitance. I would not recommend that one.

4)  Wood stick attached to the back pointing down, with camera pointing forward showing under side of the mavic, like clip 3 at 42s mark. Here load was distributed... worked well flying even in high wind..  the problem here was the landing. Had to hand land that one (look up how to do it properly.) since the stick with camera pointing down made it impossible to land. Take off is easy if drone placed right at the edge of a table to clear space for the camera stick.

5) Front attached pointing backwards down to the drone (like in clip 03 - at 4s mark), like in the picture I posted above. Same thing here, no issue. Load is distributed on both front engines so worked well... Engine load pretty much normal.. .strong wind not much an issue.

There are clips on youtube where a mavic lifts like a pound or two at full load that's how I came up with it. I figured there's plenty of lifting power. Position 3 is a bit borderline. Then again I did that with a slightly heavier camera with metal case. Using just the barebone board without case for camera makes it much easier.

So I used balsa wood stick that is rigid (wire wont' work, too bumpy) and then use 3M poster hanging strips to mount it to mavic.. works perfect, and totally removable without residue and very rigid.
For camera I used this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/30213826 ... 3AIT&rmvSB=true[/url]
2017-5-24
Use props
fansde321d89
New
United States

next I am trying a samsung 360...   :-) see what that looks like...
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules