Battery problem
1007 8 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d88a544
New
Canada

I just received my Phantom 4 in today's mail. It is a refurbished model but appears to be new. I plugged the charger in to both the controller and the battery. The controller accepted the charge but the battery for he drone is dead as a door nail. No light come on at all. I contacted aupport who suggested that I leave it charging over night. It's been 7 hours now and still no sigh of lid. Any suggestions!

2017-5-25
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a good sign for the battery.
You said it's refurbished.  Could it be that the battery is also "refurbished"?  What I mean is has it been so long since the battery has been recharged, has it gone bad. These batteries do not do well if they are not used over a LONG period of time....meaning more then 3 or 4 months.
Did you buy it from DJI or an authorized reseller?
2017-5-25
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its also an outside chance the controller connector for the battery has bent pins or is defective.  Check and make sure all 10 pins are straight on the battery connector.
2017-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Press and release then press and hold the battery power button for a few seconds  while it is plugged in to the charger and see if any thing changes.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, where did you purchase the unit? When you press the battery's power button at least once, will it light up with its battery percentage before going out in a second or two?
2017-5-25
Use props
BSVNManitoba
New
Canada

I purchased from Best Buy. After ughhave agreed
2017-5-26
Use props
BSVNManitoba
New
Canada

I purchased from Best Buy. After much discussion they have agreed to send me a new battery in exchange. I did purchase a new battery as a spare today. And yes it charged and the drone is ready to fly.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BSVNManitoba Posted at 2017-5-26 19:45
I purchased from Best Buy. After much discussion they have agreed to send me a new battery in exchange. I did purchase a new battery as a spare today. And yes it charged and the drone is ready to fly.

Hope you would receive the good one from Best Buy soon.
Glad to hear you could enjoy flying with another battery.
2017-5-27
Use props
BSVNManitoba
New
Canada

Did the "beginner" mode this morning. Had fun and realize that this P4 will do so much. Looks like the learning curve will be interesting and educational
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules