Lose Screw
684 4 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arcyenom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85384 ft
United States

Ok so I just picked my Mavic up and heard a rattling inside of it. After tilting it back and forth a couple times to figure out what it is I noticed a screw just inside the air intake. I tilt it forward and shake and the screw falls out into my hand. It appears to have come from inside my Mavic. How concerned should I be? It's only a few days old. I'm considering taking it back to Best Buy and exchanging it.
IMG_20170526_163055.jpg
IMG_20170526_163109.jpg
2017-5-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Personally I'd return it for an exchange. If it came from the Mavic then yours is now missing a screw. But even if it didn't originally come from your Mavic it was bouncing around inside and might have caused damage in some subtle way. Either way, you aren't going to want to find out when the aircraft is in flight or when the return window has elapsed that you should have taken it back.
2017-5-26
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-26 13:32
Personally I'd return it for an exchange. If it came from the Mavic then yours is now missing a screw. But even if it didn't originally come from your Mavic it was bouncing around inside and might have caused damage in some subtle way. Either way, you aren't going to want to find out when the aircraft is in flight or when the return window has elapsed that you should have taken it back.

My thoughts exactly. I would just do the exchange... best to be safe now then sorry later.
2017-5-26
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85384 ft
United States

Best Buy is telling me I need a return authorization from DJI to exchange. Does that sound correct?
2017-5-26
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Looks like one of the 2 screws that hold in each back leg, by the swivel. I'd probably open it up and fix it, or take it back.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules