569 5 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse0d72782
New
Flight distance : 1164646 ft
United Kingdom

Dear Masters,

I am new to this forum but I do not know how to get help and someone to listen to me. Read my sad story thru and judge yourself.

17/5/2017

Home Point:2.1024438,112.1575492
Last Point:2.1083076,112.1521664
1. Aircraft took off in GPS mode, well under control, all good.
2. T=04:25,H=238m,D=882.7m, battery left 79% pilot pitched the aircraft forward 9.1m/s with 98% stick input, aircraft attitude is normal and flight record stopped.

I wrote an email to DJI about the fly away telling that flight just stopped and the aircraft just gone (flight log attached)

18/5/2017

DJI Support gave instructions to follow for flight analysis. All instructions followed and settled.

26/5/2017

Tech team gave details about the ill fated Phantom 4.

"Dear Peter,

Thank you for your patience.
Please see below of the data analysis result:
Record:17/05/2017  17:39:41 GMT+8
Home Point:2.1024438,112.1575492
Last Point:2.1083076,112.1521664
1.    Aircraft took off in GPS mode, well under control, all good.
2. T=04:25,H=238m,D=882.7m, battery left 79% pilot pitched the aircraft forward 9.1m/s with 98% stick input, aircraft attitude is normal and flight record stopped.

Conclusion: No sufficient data for analysis. Accident reason unknown. "

My Email Reply:  How long can DJI replace my unit.

DJI Support : We will give you a voucher of 30% off for purchase of DJI drone at the official website (This means that Tech acknowledge no pilot error as they willingly offer 30% off of replacemnet aircraft)

My Email Reply: This fly away is not pilot error is valid in the After Sale Policy which involves the replacement of a product or part BUT do not offer 30% off of purchasing product lost. I cannot accept this and wish to be access again.

DJI Support: "Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Your case has been discussed with the supervisor, your request of getting a replacement aircraft has been denied.
Please be advised that this is the policy issue, which is needed to be followed.
For your case, only by accessing the aircraft's internal flight data for further analysis will it be able to confirm the accident reason.If 30% discount off is not a acceptable offer for you, I will forward this case to the complaint team after the dragon boat festival.
They will try to find another appropriate solution for you. No worries. "

My Email Reply: (Summary) If the technical team have acknowledge no sufficient data recorded and aircraft just gone at 250m H. Offered of 30% off was made to purchase a new aircraft. Thus this indicated that I as the pilot is free of this ill fated fly away. But then why 30% discount.

The supervisor should read the After Sale Policy about the replacement of product one to one... not offering a 30% discount. I am not rich but am not resposible for the aircraft malfuntion. I do not know where else to share this and hope someone big in DJI please replace my bird cause I cant afford another one but I share DJI's love of flight. And also my Phantom 4 (Callsign Rouge) and I have happily served our communities in sharing the experience of flying through the lense of my drone.

Thank you everybody for being a good listener. Hope DJI big boys will read this.

Peter Mack Emcee,
Sarawak Drone Community, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Kanowit Drone Unit, Sarawak, Malaysia.
Kanowit Police Drone Unit, Sarawak, Malaysia.

2017-5-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Normally when there is a fault in the aircraft they can tell what it is, so maybe there was no fault in the aircraft?  Without proof that there was an aircraft fault the 30% is normal.  If they, or you can proof there was an aircraft fault then it will be replaced.

Only thing I can suggest is that you upload the log from your phone/tablet to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ and give us a link so that we can try to find a cause...

2017-5-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Generally speaking, the warranty can be applied when there is verification that there was a malfunction with the aircraft, not necessarily whether or not it was specifically pilot error. It's not pilot error if a eagle decides to attack the aircraft out of nowhere, but DJI won't cover damage under the warranty. Based on what's provided, DJI was not able to determine that there was a malfunction of some sort prior to the disconnect but they didn't necessarily see anything that could have been specifically pilot error. Since they cannot fully apply the warranty to this case, they are only able to provide a discount on a replacement unit in order to help get you back in the air. Unfortunately a free replacement would not be possible.

If you provide your case number, I can see if there's anything else that can be done after confirming the details, but that's the most that can be done at this time.
2017-5-27
Use props
Peter Seth MacE
New
United States

Dear Jamie,

Here is my case number (#544942) as provided by Support in their first email.

I really appreciate your help. I was told also by my dealer this evening that actually they wanted me to replace my lost Phantom 4 with a Phantom 4 Pro. In addition to that they were said to ask for me to return my Phanthom 4 Remote Control, Chargers, Spare propellers through my local dealer to be sent back to China. With this said I dont mind changing to the better Phantom 4 Pro but 30% is a bit too steep for me. I will be very glad if they can have me purchase the Phantom 4 Pro but give me a more relevant agreement. If DJI would be kind to give me a voucher (Present price of P4Pro minus Present Price of Phantom 4) well I will pay for the balance (may take me sometime to have the amount but as long as I get back in the air).

Thank you Jamie.

ps I need to go back in the air as I was asked to join JPAM (local Search and Rescue) Drone Unit.  
2017-5-27
Use props
Peter Seth MacE
New
United States

Dear Jamie,

Flight analysis attached.
FlightRec.jpg
2017-5-27
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Seems you had a lot of stuff blocking a clear line of sight for the control signal so maybe loss of signal is not too surprising.

Are you sure the return height was adequate?  30m RTH seems rather low for what is on the Google view, although if it returned at 238m then there should have been no problem if it was set to return home on signal loss...

The answer will be in the aircraft when someone returns it, assuming you had your contact details onboard...
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules