ND filters for DJI Spark
11605 27 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hans Jelles
New

Netherlands

Hi, before I get my ordered Spark I like to order also the ND filters that can help to make good video in bright sun light. The company Polar Pro have a preorder option on there web site in The USA version of the website! But not on the Europe version. The company looks to me, as a newbie DJI user, the best deliver company of filters. Any suggestion, wait to order if it will be available in europe or pre order in USA or go to an other company? Thanks for any comment!
The link to the USA website: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... k?utm_source=criteo

2017-5-28
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to wait to firstly receive the drone and test it for myself to ensure it's a 'keeper' then wait for DJI to release their own ND's for the Spark as they did with the Mavic. Some of these third party filters can cause problems with the gimbal and void the warranty.
2017-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Hense, we don't suggest to mount ND filter from third party, like ACW mentioned, it may damage the gimbal and affect the warranty.
2017-6-20
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I agree that some of the more heavier ND Filters can damage the gimbal motor however you can use this stuff http://amzn.to/2rMd9Uh

Its ND Film that you can cut to the shape of the camera, it will do the same job and is much lighter weight
2017-6-20
Use props
Tony Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196870 ft
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-20 02:39
I agree that some of the more heavier ND Filters can damage the gimbal motor however you can use this stuff http://amzn.to/2rMd9Uh

Its ND Film that you can cut to the shape of the camera, it will do the same job and is much lighter weight

how do you attach it ?
2017-6-20
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tony Q Posted at 2017-6-20 05:44
how do you attach it ?

They attach over the camera, very simple to install and remove.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-7-19
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-6-3 07:57
I'm going to wait to firstly receive the drone and test it for myself to ensure it's a 'keeper' then wait for DJI to release their own ND's for the Spark as they did with the Mavic. Some of these third party filters can cause problems with the gimbal and void the warranty.

Our Spark filters weight 0.67 grams, they are very very light.

Our filters should not void the warranty. We have never had to replace a gimbal due to filters, however PolarPro guarantees its products 100% and stands behinds our products and customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

-Jeff from PolarPro
2017-7-19
Use props
rarevfx4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

PolarPro Posted at 2017-7-19 09:00
Our Spark filters weight 0.67 grams, they are very very light.

Our filters should not void the warranty. We have never had to replace a gimbal due to filters, however PolarPro guarantees its products 100% and stands behinds our products and customers.

I heared about a recall of your filter because they produced an "Gimbal Error" - is that right?
2017-7-25
Use props
sparkguygc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230141 ft
Australia

Revive (oldish post)

I wonder if this is a better way to mount ND filters (so the weight of the filter is actually burdened by the Spark, not the gimbal) so take the hood in this video and just fill the void where the gimbal shoots through with the filter sheet? Maybe someone could mock it up?
2017-8-9
Use props
Neil Jack
lvl.1

Russia

Hello Hans Jelles,
I am using Freewell ND filters they make some great stuffs.
2017-8-9
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

rarevfx4 Posted at 2017-7-25 03:39
I heared about a recall of your filter because they produced an "Gimbal Error" - is that right?

I saw this as well, no reply to your question i notice
2017-8-19
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

fansdd190fdf Posted at 2017-8-19 17:14
I saw this as well, no reply to your question i notice

I had a set of The PolarPro filters on pre-order and as they were about to ship, PolarPro identified a problem and held the shipment.

To speak about the Customer Service of PolarPro - while the problem only manifested itself under very specific conditions, PolarPro:

1) Refunded your money and told you to keep the filters - if yours was one of the first sets shipped before the problem was discovered and they provided a code for you to get a huge discount once the redesigned filters were released.

2) In my case - since my Filters never shipped, PolarPro refunded my money and gave me a code for a HUGE discount.

I have the PolarPro Cinema Series for my Mavic and they are great.  It's this same series that I ordered for my Spark and they should be shipping out this week.

I DO NOT work for nor have any financial interest in PolarPro but when a company makes a great product AND has this level of  Outstanding Customer Service and Commitment, I will sing their praises - though I can't carry a tune in a bucket!

IMO - A great company with great products, and they care!
2017-8-19
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-8-19 17:43
I had a set of The PolarPro filters on pre-order and as they were about to ship, PolarPro identified a problem and held the shipment.

To speak about the Customer Service of PolarPro - while the problem only manifested itself under very specific conditions, PolarPro:

Fair enough. I think i will wait a couple of weeks for reviews to come in to see if any problems develop. I like the effect of the nd 8 filter on my phantom in bright conditions so hoping the same will work for the spark.
2017-8-19
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

fansdd190fdf Posted at 2017-8-19 17:53
Fair enough. I think i will wait a couple of weeks for reviews to come in to see if any problems develop. I like the effect of the nd 8 filter on my phantom in bright conditions so hoping the same will work for the spark.

Always a great idea.  Who wants to be first?

Good Flying
2017-8-19
Use props
rarevfx4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Latest Update guys!

I purchased the polar Pro Vivid Cinema Filters few days ago. No Gimbal error anymore and they work fine. Gimbal is or with it, no overload. I haven't tried sport mode or pano mode, since ND mostly make sense for video - not photo (in my usage, since i don't do long exposures).
I heared people complaining about a gimbal problem, if the filter is left on while flying in sport mode or pano - but come on - nd in sport mode?? The gimbal is already stressed in the sport mode, also no real need for an nd in sport mode.

I really like the filters so far. Well made.
2017-8-31
Use props
Dick Heiser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57543 ft
United States

Amazon has it. Works fine.
2017-9-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

I bought the PolarPro CPL/ND last month and no issues on taking Pano photos and startup initialize.
PS: The PL filter was rotatable so that you can adjust the polarized angle.PL filter

0 degree

90 degree

Pano 180

turn 0 degree

turn 0 degree

turn 90 degree

turn 90 degree

PolarPro PL/ND filter

PolarPro PL/ND filter

Pano 180

Pano 180
2017-9-3
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
Japan

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-9-3 17:59
I bought the PolarPro CPL/ND last month and no issues on taking Pano photos and startup initialize.
PS: The PL filter was rotatable so that you can adjust the polarized angle.PL filter
forum.php?mod=image&aid=57186&size=300x300&key=9fd1f537cb8e3c6a&nocache=yes&type=fixnone[/img]

even if your PL filter is rotatable it has very less use in drone because once you set the sweet spot but even if you move a bit that sweet spot is already lost & its no more there so all you get from it is STOP
2017-9-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I love Drones Posted at 2017-9-3 22:37
even if your PL filter is rotatable it has very less use in drone because once you set the sweet spot but even if you move a bit that sweet spot is already lost & its no more there so all you get from it is STOP

At least i can adjust, better than fixed PL I bought before and got refunded.
2017-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-9-3 17:59
forum.php?mod=image&aid=57186&size=300x300&key=9fd1f537cb8e3c6a&nocache=yes&type=fixnone[/img]

I like the polarizer effect. Even though I agree that it needs some luck, since you don't know the angle (exact) at which you are shooting in mid air.
But still, good to try, especially when photographing water or other reflective surfaces.
2017-9-3
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
China

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-9-3 22:50
At least i can adjust, better than fixed PL I bought before and got refunded.

you are missing the point pratically you cannot adjust because even before you fly you adjust you change a angle by bit it has no use so all it does is give you STOPs nothing else.
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I love Drones Posted at 2017-9-4 01:19
you are missing the point pratically you cannot adjust because even before you fly you adjust you change a angle by bit it has no use so all it does is give you STOPs nothing else.

I would say: you don't fully utilize the polarizer on a drone.
It will still give some effect if you have it off slightly.
There are plenty of examples online that show the difference between ND and polarizer on a drone.
I would not buy one separate, But if it is in a kit, I would surely try it.
2017-9-4
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I love Drones Posted at 2017-9-4 01:19

At least I can preview the blue sky and adjust the angle before take off. I take many photos and relay on the rotatable PL to adjust the blue tone of the sky. I mainly use for taking photos.
2017-9-4
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
Japan

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-9-4 02:12
At least I can preview the blue sky and adjust the angle before take off. I take many photos and relay on the rotatable PL to adjust the blue tone of the sky. I mainly use for taking photos.

this is what I am saying its the stop not your adjustment as what you adjusted its no more once you change the angle.
2017-9-4
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I love Drones Posted at 2017-9-4 02:34
this is what I am saying its the stop not your adjustment as what you adjusted its no more once you change the angle.

As I said its better than fixed !
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I love Drones Posted at 2017-9-4 02:34

We are talking about a polarizer right?
Not about a variable ND filter.
2017-9-4
Use props
fans34089405
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

IMO it's not a great idea to use nd's with spark because of software stabilization of YAW axis. First try to fly in dusk and you'll see noticeable horizontal motion blur. Find it useless for spark but great for 3axis gimbals. Or maybe I'll try something like nd8/nd16, not thicker. And yes, PolarPro is the best choice.
2017-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did watch a review, he was pretty happy (maybe because of sponsoring, I don't know)

2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules