1985 8 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was out flying my P4P+ this morning. All going well when BATTERY DAMAGED pops up in the upper left of the screen. I was at 65% remaining power,  300' altitude flying over a high rise construction project. No wind to speak of, maybe 5-7 mph. Sunny and 76 degrees. No warnings of high winds, which often pop up with no real reason. No other warnings.
To say I was concerned is putting it mildly!!
I slowly flew her back home with a constant fear that it would shut down and fall out of the sky.
I got her back on the ground, then looked at battery status screen. Nothing out of the ordinary. All cells within .01v of each other. I shut it down and re-started it. The BATTERY DAMAGED icon remained.
I came home, and restarted it again and it was gone. I looked in the All warnings log and there was no mention of battery warning. Curiously enough, there were several warnings posted there of sensors inoperable - ambient light too weak, which is absurd. It was very sunny.
Here is screen shot of battery.
Has anyone encountered this before? Really shakes my confidence in this aircraft.

xxxgx.jpg
2017-5-28
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I was concerned until I realized you have a P4P +... I'm really sorry to say it, but it looks like the  tablet that comes with the RC + is still plagued with bugs. Are you sure it wasn't about the RC battery?  Have you checked that?
2017-5-28
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-28 07:30
I was concerned until I realized you have a P4P +... I'm really sorry to say it, but it looks like the  tablet that comes with the RC + is still plagued with bugs. Are you sure it wasn't about the RC battery?  Have you checked that?

RC battery seems to be OK. There is no mention of any trouble in the system status.

I reviewed the flight log and there is no mention of battery troubles either.

xxxgy.jpg
xxxgz.jpg
2017-5-28
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

I also have a battery that is defective. My friend got it from somewhere. It is a genuine DJI.  When I put it in my P3S, I get the same warning. "Battery Damaged".  I charged it as much as I could and then inserted it into my P3S.  The warning was still there.  I decided to try it anyway.  So I took off, but remained within 2 feet of the ground for the full flight.  The drone  seemed to respond normally.  I kept it in the air at 1 foot until I reached "Critical Battery" warning.  I then had to force it to stay in the air.  I held it up until the battery was completely dead.  Then the Drone just fell to the ground from about 1 foot.  I charged the battery once again.  But when I inserted it a second time, it still said "Battery Damaged".  I don't trust it, so I just put in on the shelf.  I don't use it.
2017-5-28
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>

Batteries have 6 month warranty. Pack it an ship it. Do not mess with the battery. One time I had the same issue said battery damaged and not even 2 seconds and the motor shuts down and the drone fell to the ground. I was lucky , I had just took off and I was about 4 feet up in the air when it fell down and no serious damage.
2017-5-28
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I tried deep cycling it and test flew it again. Got the same warning after 5 minutes.
I have opened a case and am sending it back to DJI.
I would hope they will replace it. Only 44 charges on it.
We'll see how long this takes............
2017-6-1
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I sent in the damaged battery. They received it yesterday.
Today I got this email:
xxxhd.jpg
2017-6-10
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Got notice today that replacement has shipped......

I have no problem whatever with their customer service!!
Only had to deal with them twice.
Both times on battery issues.
Both times replaced without any problem.

Works for me........

Tracking

Tracking
2017-6-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Battery issues can be firmware related. If your getting a battery warning and all cells are good then its something in the "smart" part of the "smart battery". Usually re-flashing the firmware will fix that. Most people dont realize it but the battery firmware has updates also.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules