Why can't we choose to record OSD video?
1493 11 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

Why can't we choose to record OSD video?
The user should have the choice as to what style video to record local to the screen.
This would elliminate the need to fight with Apple over screen recorders!
With 4K being recorded on the card why do I want a 720p recording that gives
me nothing I don't allready have! I want the onscreen record with ALL the details!
Why should Android users be the only ones to get this effortlessly?

Confused!
2017-5-28
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Huh ? I'm not sure that Android will allow you higher resolution on your screen than IOS ...
Anyway the information on your mobile device is only just that: 'information' about what the camera 'sees' at that moment.  What you see and what is recorded on your device is only suitable for fast viewing or exporting to social media in very low resolution. It helps to let you decide when to take a picture or when to start video.
The real thing is on the SD-card. I think many users even never look at the recorded low-resolution video on the device.
2017-5-28
Use props
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

You missed the point I was making, A recording like this is what I want, not a low res version with no flight details
Screenshot.jpg
2017-5-28
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Nospin Posted at 2017-5-28 08:28
You missed the point I was making, A recording like this is what I want, not a low res version with no flight details

OK. My bad, I misunderstood. Can't help you because I have no use for that kind of screenrecording either.
2017-5-28
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I'm sure the process is the same for iOS as android ... it's not built in to the DJI Go app so you have to use a screen recording app. I use mobizen on Android, theres a few i guess and i'm not sure what people use on iOS
2017-5-28
Use props
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

But that's my point ! you can just go to your store and there are lots of screen recorders! For IOS users, Nothing!
You don't have to jailbreak your device to have exactly what you see when your flying recorded,   
I can only get a 720p with no flight information, Something I don't need as I have a 4K already!
It's already right there in the app! $1500 and I can't have the same?
2017-5-28
Use props
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

It's not the same! that's my point, you can go to your store and have lots of choices of screen recorders
IOS users have zero! I have to jailbreak my device to get the same feature you take for granted!
I get a generic 720p that I have no use for as I already have a 4K!Its already in the app!
What If you lost that feature, how would you feel?
2017-5-28
Use props
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

I'm saying, give everyone the ability to record the flight as we see it, not just android users
2017-5-28
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Thats not DJI's fault lol, thats Apple for ya, they control their app store and what apps can do.
I agree though, functionality to record the screen from within the DJI Go app would be welcome, but you cant blame DJI for something that is limited currently by device OS and choice of available apps.
2017-5-28
Use props
DrVonSinistro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft
Canada

The video with OSD is only recorded by the app on the ground. To have the HD file in aircraft would require the data from the remote to be sent to the drone but I guess it would be fairly easy to make a plugin for adobe or another video editor that multiplex a OSD that you feed it your flight log. A blank OSD that the plugin will read the flight log let's say 3 time per second an update the OSD template accordingly.  
2017-5-28
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Yo need to take this complaint to an Apple forum. You're in the wrong place.
2017-5-28
Use props
Nospin
lvl.1
United States

DrVonSinistro Posted at 2017-5-28 13:59
The video with OSD is only recorded by the app on the ground. To have the HD file in aircraft would require the data from the remote to be sent to the drone but I guess it would be fairly easy to make a plugin for adobe or another video editor that multiplex a OSD that you feed it your flight log. A blank OSD that the plugin will read the flight log let's say 3 time per second an update the OSD template accordingly.

I only want to record the downlink as I see it,
I don't see that recording the view as you see it, only in the app would be such a big deal?
And to those who blame Apple and think it's not a problem use an Android device????????
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules