Weak image signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans246b5085
lvl.1
United States

So I have read several threads on this topic but cant seem to find an answer for my problem.  My image signal from my Phantom 4 keeps going in and out.  My screen gets very pixely, turns green, or just goes completly black.  I have tried flying it in every enviroment including out in the middle of a pasture to ensure to signal interference.  Can anybody please give me some ideas on what could cause this problem?
2017-5-30
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

same here for me.
sometimes its fine. even in city. sometimes i loose connection every 3 seconds for several seconds when NOTHING but empty grasslands around me and no radio or wifi signal...
2017-5-30
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

PandaFlyingcat Posted at 2017-5-30 04:26
same here for me.
sometimes its fine. even in city. sometimes i loose connection every 3 seconds for several seconds when NOTHING but empty grasslands around me and no radio or wifi signal...

Exactly!  It really is making my shots suffer.
2017-5-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

What mobile device are you using?
2017-5-30
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-30 05:56
What mobile device are you using?

I pad 4 or 5 I cant remember which
2017-5-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't know if this will be pertinent to you but Ill give you my story.

Had an iPad mini 2 Grey, which means it had a black border around the screen.  
Had it out several times and it would work initially and start malfunctioning as time went on.  Finally realized it was a heat issue.....AND the black border on the edge of the screen was making that issue worse.
I would cool off the iPad and it would be fine for a few minutes but then would exhibit exactly what you described above.
Ordered a hood from DJI and that would help extend the time a little, but discerned that the iPad running the app would get warm and the sun would finish the job............in addition I think the iPad mini 2 was underpowered for the job.
Ended up getting an iPad mini 4 Silver with the white border and have never had an issue since......of course the increased ability of the 4 might be contributing to a lack of issues.

Look...I can assure you that I don't drink the Apple Cool-aid........but I know heat WAS an issue for me and processing power MIGHT have been an issue for me......but what you are describing is exactly what I went through.

Hope this at least gives you a place to start.

Good Luck!
2017-5-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using fans246b5085?
2017-5-30
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-30 06:33
I don't know if this will be pertinent to you but Ill give you my story.

Had an iPad mini 2 Grey, which means it had a black border around the screen.  

Oh wow I never thought of that! I do have that color I pad and it does get very hot!  I will try just using my phone which I had no problems with.  Thank you.  
2017-5-30
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

i use P4 advanced with INTEGRATED SCREEN!
definitely DJIs fault and bug. i bought plus because i was so freakin annoyed by all the app crashes. now i get the same stuff again.

GOOD JOB DJI!
2017-5-30
Use props
Fire nerd
lvl.1
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-30 06:34
What device are you using fans246b5085?

I'm using the I Pad 4
2017-5-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Do you think it could be overheating?  Does it work initially and then start malfunctioning?
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules