Any Glyph owners out there?
902 12 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Title says it all. I have some questions, but trying to guage how many glyph owners are around before I launch into it all.
2017-5-30
Use props
fanscf5de830
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023320 ft
United States

Glyph owner for about a year. The display is great, I use it with my p4 and like it .
2017-5-30
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Yes, I only just bought a set. They are great best I have used.
2017-5-31
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Awesome. Nice to see my fellow firmware trouble maker on board. I posted a similar question on phantompilots, but this is essentially what I'm trying to figure out before they arrive. The head tracking feature was disabled by by DJI for third party FPVs right? Because they thought we'd all run out and buy DJI goggles (yeah... right).

What I'd like to know is HOW have they disabled this feature? It can't be firmware... because we haven't had any! So it must be an update to the app, right? So if I roll back my version of the app, will head tracking work?

I very much doubt I'll use it - I'd just like to know if it's possible.
2017-5-31
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

I am not sure how they have disabled the feature I would assume it was within the App. Not sure how to roll back the app back but I think that would work. Just with the Glyphs the only problem I know of is the dust issue not sure if they have sorted this out or not. I have a few ideas that may work that I will try at a later date if I have this problem. I am still going through testing stages with mine. I got them 2 weeks ago second hand. I have Zeiss Cinemizers and I reckon the Glyphs clearer and you don't need to shield out light as they project the image to your eye.
2017-6-1
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

I have DJI GO 4 V4.0.6 on my iPhone so I will try that at some point. My ipad has the latest version. I have done some searching and you can roll back the app.
2017-6-1
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yeah, I've done it before. It's a bunch of messing about, but it works. Let me know how you get on with 4.0.6. Still waiting on my Glyph to arrive. Looking forward to playing
2017-6-1
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi SomeoneElsesDro
The more I think about it the more I think that the app isn't where they stopped the use of the head tracking. The reason I say this is that most of the videos I have seen had the HDMI and the USB cable plugged into the Glyphs, USB for head tracking and HDMI for video. I think it may be AC or RC Firmware not sure at this stage. My AC is still on v1.2.503 and my RC is on 1.6 and none of the updates for these are near the 24 th of April when DJI remove this ability. I any case more testing needs to be done to find out. Like you said before not sure if I want to use the head tracking. I know the video works as I have tried this without problems from the HDMI Module not flying at this stage just in my office.

Hi fanscf5de830
Are you able to shed some light on this have you used the head tracking with the Glyphs? If so when did it stop working?
2017-6-2
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Hi SomeoneElsesDro
Just done some testing. I am using Aircraft firmware V 01.02.0503 Remote Controller V 1.6.0 and the head tracking works. The next thing to try is to see if I can get a USB hub to work so I can have the iPad as well. I will have to buy one. In any case, the tracking worked with the above Firmware the app plays no part from what I can see.

Cheers
Beeper
2017-6-4
Use props
fanscf5de830
lvl.4
United States

I have never used the head tracking on my Phantom 4 with the glyph. I only use it for fpv.
2017-6-4
Use props
fanscf5de830
lvl.4
United States

I only use my glyph for fpv never use the head tracking on it.
2017-6-4
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

beeper Posted at 2017-6-4 15:05
Hi SomeoneElsesDro
Just done some testing. I am using Aircraft firmware V 01.02.0503 Remote Controller V 1.6.0 and the head tracking works. The next thing to try is to see if I can get a USB hub to work so I can have the iPad as well. I will have to buy one. In any case, the tracking worked with the above Firmware the app plays no part from what I can see.

Interesting! Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I'm on 1.2.602 so will be interesting to see if it also works. May have to roll back. Don't think I had any issues on 01.02.0503. Should get my Glyph this week so will let you know.

Have you flown with the head tracking? I'd imagine it is almost impossible to get a smooth camera action?
2017-6-5
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-6-5 00:45
Interesting! Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I'm on 1.2.602 so will be interesting to see if it also works. May have to roll back. Don't think I had any issues on 01.02.0503. Should get my Glyph this week so will let you know.

Have you flown with the head tracking? I'd imagine it is almost impossible to get a smooth camera action?

No, I didn't have time to fly with it .It seemed to work ok.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules