Service Nightmare #1...
1573 19 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ambro77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33917 ft
United States

REALLY FRUSTRATED by the repair service I have received from DJI. I had my first crash in early May and immediately opened a repair case for my Mavic. The drone was bought in March and barely has fours of flight time, if that. The crash, from about 10ft, onto grass broke the the gimbal, nothing more. No broken arms, no scratches everything else was good.

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/4c7aaf08-e06f-43cc-a864-2f5cbb6429c1[/img]

As you can see it was received May 12th, payment for repairs on May 15th, and repaired on the 18th. It was then shipped on the 26th and delivered today June 2nd. When I recieved the package I could hear that the contents were loose and worried. When I opened the package it was clearly too large for the contents and the drone was wrapped in 1 layer of bubble wrap, likewise for the controller which was uncovered during shipping because nothing was taped, so it's all scratched up. Bettery was loose as well, not wrapped or protected... They did throw in a set of propellers which was nice but so what??? The drone was flopping all inside the box with no padding or additional packing.

Then the kicker, it's not my drone... it's an older model that's been refurbished. My drone was two months old when it crashed and I get sent this crap. I get it when a drone crashes under warranty and is unrepairable it gets replaced with a comparable model but my drone no serious damage other than a broken gimbal. I'm furious... it's like ordering a meal at a restaurant and having a problem with it, sending it back, and reciving the same meal that someone else had. I'm so damn mad at DJI for this sham of service.

I contacted customer service and they were as cool and calming as could be... it turns out MY drone is on it's way back to China for additional repair... pure bs. So now it's going to be another month and another 10% of my warranty gone befre I'll be able to fly, I've flown it less than 10 times all together. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Does anyone know of a database to identify when a drone was born according to serial number???

I want a new drone, period!!! Any advice other than not holding my breath???? I apologize for the rant but geezzzz, come on DJI!

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/70db1e24-36f9-4b4a-8bf8-e2c6ffa6e759[/img]
2017-6-2
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

REPAIR SERVICE NIGHTMARE #1

REALLY FRUSTRATED by the repair service I have received from DJI. I had my first crash in early May and immediately opened a repair case for my Mavic. The drone was bought in March and barely has fours of flight time, if that. The crash, from about 10ft, onto grass broke the the gimbal, nothing more. No broken arms, no scratches everything else was good.

The Mavic was received May 12th, payment for repairs on May 15th, and repaired on the 18th. It was then shipped on the 26th and delivered today June 2nd. When I recieved the package I could hear that the contents were loose and worried. When I opened the package it was clearly too large for the contents and the drone was wrapped in 1 layer of bubble wrap, likewise for the controller which was uncovered during shipping because nothing was taped, so it's all scratched up. Bettery was loose as well, not wrapped or protected... They did throw in a set of propellers which was nice but so what??? The drone was flopping all inside the box with no padding or additional packing.

Then the kicker, it's not my drone... it's an older model that's been refurbished. My drone was two months old when it crashed and I get sent this crap. I get it when a drone crashes under warranty and is unrepairable it gets replaced with a comparable model but my drone no serious damage other than a broken gimbal. I'm furious... it's like ordering a meal at a restaurant and having a problem with it, sending it back, and reciving the same meal that someone else had. I'm so damn mad at DJI for this sham of service.

I contacted customer service and they were as cool and calming as could be... it turns out MY drone is on it's way back to China for additional repair... pure bs. So now it's going to be another month and another 10% of my warranty gone befre I'll be able to fly, I've flown it less than 10 times all together. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Does anyone know of a database to identify when a drone was born according to serial number???

I want a new drone, period!!! Any advice other than not holding my breath???? I apologize for the rant but geezzzz, come on DJI!

2017-6-2
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Here you are.
Just follow the link
Here you can find the production date.
Word of caution,...the refurbished drones get a new serial number from DJI.
2017-6-2
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow... That's horrible. I'm waiting for them to ship my drone back to me too and now I'm concerned it'll come back in the same condition. Did you send it back with the packaging it came in originally? My P4 Came with the foam carrying case so that's what i sent it with.
2017-6-2
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

How frustrating. I'm so sorry. I've been hoping for years that DJI would change their ways and start treating their customers the way they'd like to be treated themselves. Sucks. Hopefully you get a new bird. I'd be angry too.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear, can you please provide your case number so I can look into this?
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We feel so sorry for the trouble you have been caused, please leave me your case number, I will look into it with the designated team then make it clear to you.  The replacement products or parts may not be new, but it will be in good working order, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy.  Did you test this drone? May I know its performance?
2017-6-2
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-6-2 18:49
We feel so sorry for the trouble you have been caused, please leave me your case number, I will look into it with the designated team then make it clear to you.  The replacement products or parts may not be new, but it will be in good working order, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy.  Did you test this drone? May I know its performance?

Just wondering about something... I understand that warranty repairs/replacements sometimes warrant a refurb unit... however, when a person sends their property that they paid for, thats the property of the buyer.  Your policy states that 'warranty' repairs warrant a refurb unit.  This seems it was not a warranty issue, rather a repair of the persons sole and private property... therefore, you charge a 'repair' fee for 'their property'.  That was not your property to swap with.  That was the buyers.  So, since you charged for a repair, and the person paid for a repair, why would you hide behind a warranty policy, if its not warranty?

Maybe I'm totally wrong and it was a warranty repair/replacement.  If that's the case, my apologies.  But if it's not, why hide behind the wall, and not just repair ppl's birds which THEY PAY FOR!?
2017-6-2
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 17:12
I'm sorry to hear, can you please provide your case number so I can look into this?

Hello thank you for reaching out... I just don't think this is fair.

Here's the case number:

CAS-625142-L7S0J4

and the case number for more urgent attention:

CAS 685883-J03X2

Regards,
Steve
2017-6-4
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

wormz30 Posted at 2017-6-2 13:44
Wow... That's horrible. I'm waiting for them to ship my drone back to me too and now I'm concerned it'll come back in the same condition. Did you send it back with the packaging it came in originally? My P4 Came with the foam carrying case so that's what i sent it with.

I hope you don't have the same experience1 I didn't ship it with the original packing but it was well wrapped believe me. I also took pictures of the components I shipped especially the interior info in the battery compartment.

Good luck!
2017-6-4
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-6-2 19:01
Just wondering about something... I understand that warranty repairs/replacements sometimes warrant a refurb unit... however, when a person sends their property that they paid for, thats the property of the buyer.  Your policy states that 'warranty' repairs warrant a refurb unit.  This seems it was not a warranty issue, rather a repair of the persons sole and private property... therefore, you charge a 'repair' fee for 'their property'.  That was not your property to swap with.  That was the buyers.  So, since you charged for a repair, and the person paid for a repair, why would you hide behind a warranty policy, if its not warranty?

Maybe I'm totally wrong and it was a warranty repair/replacement.  If that's the case, my apologies.  But if it's not, why hide behind the wall, and not just repair ppl's birds which THEY PAY FOR!?

Thank you for reaching out, and thank you for pointing out my main point of dispute given that his was a paid warranty repair of 192.00. Here are the case numbers associated with my dispute.

CAS-625142-L7S0J4 and CAS 685883-J03X2

Regards,
Steve

2017-6-4
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I understand, but this is a paid repair of 192.00 of minor damage.

As hybrid33 points out:
"
View full quote

Maybe I'm totally wrong and it was a warranty repair/replacement.  If that's the case, my apologies.  But if it's not, why hide behind the wall, and not just repair ppl's birds which THEY PAY FOR!?"
2017-6-4
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

These are the case numbers associated with my dispute: CAS-625142-L7S0J4 and CAS 685883-J03X2.
Thank you.

Also hybrid33 makes the salient point in this dispute.
2017-6-4
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

I did not test the drone, it was not the one I sent for paid repair work, not warranty.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Ambro77 Posted at 2017-6-4 18:36
These are the case numbers associated with my dispute: CAS-625142-L7S0J4 and CAS 685883-J03X2.
Thank you.

Steve, if the unit is already un-fixable, the repair center would replace it with a replacement. As for the replacement, it may not be new, but it will be in good working order. We mentioned it in the quotation email.
2017-6-4
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-6-4 20:13
Steve, if the unit is already un-fixable, the repair center would replace it with a replacement. As for the replacement, it may not be new, but it will be in good working order. We mentioned it in the quotation email.

I paid almost 200.00 for the repair, with no communication from DJI as to the precise damage, for a crash and fall from approximately 10ft., which apparently warrants a replacement... Does that sound logical?

Here's my post related to the crash.

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/a ... -i-was-lucky.15819/
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Ambro77 Posted at 2017-6-5 05:32
I paid almost 200.00 for the repair, with no communication from DJI as to the precise damage, for a crash and fall from approximately 10ft., which apparently warrants a replacement... Does that sound logical?

Here's my post related to the crash.

Ambro, we checked your case , we sent 6 emails to you during the whole repair process, Received Notification,  Damage Assessment Notification, Quotation,  Repair Completed Notification,  Quality Assurance Notification, Shipped Notification. And we mentioned, if you have any question , please feel free to contact us.  
2017-6-5
Use props
Ambro77
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-6-5 18:51
Ambro, we checked your case , we sent 6 emails to you during the whole repair process, Received Notification,  Damage Assessment Notification, Quotation,  Repair Completed Notification,  Quality Assurance Notification, Shipped Notification. And we mentioned, if you have any question , please feel free to contact us.

Hello DJI-Thor,

Yes, emails were sent, the process was completed... but in the end I paid for a repair to my drone, not for a warranty replacement. Again, all I want in my repaired drone back, NOT a refurb with unknown flight time, unknown damage repair. No report, a sham of packing... no communication as to why...

It's simple I sent MY drone in for repair for a broken gimbal...I want MY repaired drone back.

I'm not satisified and I'm not going away.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-6-2 19:01

The possibility of replacement can occur for either a warranty or non warranty service. Potential referb replacements are not specified to be strictly for warranty situations. A unit can be replaced if deemed unrepairable (if more issues were found during repair) or as a courtesy in order to expedite the turnaround time.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ambro77 Posted at 2017-6-6 06:00
Hello DJI-Thor,

Yes, emails were sent, the process was completed... but in the end I paid for a repair to my drone, not for a warranty replacement. Again, all I want in my repaired drone back, NOT a refurb with unknown flight time, unknown damage repair. No report, a sham of packing... no communication as to why...

I understand that this has been frustrating. Based on what's been provided thus far, this is being addressed by the Repair team and you should be receiving tracking information shortly.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules