Return Shipping Time - How long can "1-2 working days" take?
1534 9 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank Liu
New

United States

A quick warning for those who haven't had their drones sent to DJI yet: some steps will take longer than you expect. By a lot. While the repair time took as long as the entire estimated repair process, the time DJI is taking to return the drone is also stretching deep into the future.
My Mavic has been repaired for a week and a half. After around a week of hearing nothing back, I contacted DJI online support. They responded robotically and said they were submit an "enquiry" on the unusually long shipping time. How would I find out the results of his enquiry? He said "I would receive an email if there are any updates on my case". He meant I would be notified when the drone was shipped back. Oddly enough, that is the exact same position I was in before contacting support.

It seems DJI repair can't even get some of the basic things right, like shipping repaired drones back. I live so close to the repair facility that a one-and-a-half hour drive to retrieve it in person seems preferable now.

Anyhow, just a heads-up for anyone wondering how long they won't be able to fly their drone if they decide to send it in for minor repairs.
2017-6-2
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226460 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear ya. I literally live about 40 minutes away from their facility. My P4 has been in their shop for almost 3 weeks now and i got the notice that my p4 would be shipped within 1-2 business days. Today is business day number two and I still haven't heard anything. They blame the slow turnaround time on their recent move from Carson to Cerritos. As much as I'd like to believe that, when I read the forums, it looks like this is common for them. Online Customer support doesn't really seem to have any more information than we do when it comes to the status of our Drones.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Unfortunately there has been a backlog in the Shipping department and they have been doing what they can to try and improve the situation as best as possible. If you could provide your case number, I can try to look into this for you.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

wormz30 Posted at 2017-6-2 13:37
I hear ya. I literally live about 40 minutes away from their facility. My P4 has been in their shop for almost 3 weeks now and i got the notice that my p4 would be shipped within 1-2 business days. Today is business day number two and I still haven't heard anything. They blame the slow turnaround time on their recent move from Carson to Cerritos. As much as I'd like to believe that, when I read the forums, it looks like this is common for them. Online Customer support doesn't really seem to have any more information than we do when it comes to the status of our Drones.

Backlog issues have unforutnately occurred when there are major location changes like that. I can follow up as best as I can if you provide your case number.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Frank , we are so sorry for the delay, We're aware of this and working very hard to expedite the process recently. Just checked your case , the drone has been shipped today. Hope you can get it back to fly soon ,enjoy it. And thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback on our service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-6-2
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 17:08
Backlog issues have unforutnately occurred when there are major location changes like that. I can follow up as best as I can if you provide your case number.

Thanks DJI-Jamie, my case number is CAS-643425-D2N4R2
2017-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

wormz30 Posted at 2017-6-3 14:01
Thanks DJI-Jamie, my case number is CAS-643425-D2N4R2

We apologize that backlog issue makes shipping delay, I have escalated the case to the appropriate team and will get the drone back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. By the way, we have also replied to you on Twitter.
2017-6-4
Use props
CharliePapa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2109465 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-4 01:58
We apologize that backlog issue makes shipping delay, I have escalated the case to the appropriate team and will get the drone back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. By the way, we have also replied to you on Twitter.

My P4P was repaired 5/25, received an email 5/30 say it would ship within 2 business days, still no shipping notice!!!!  What's even worse is the repair was a warranty issue for defective barometer and not caused by a crash. Very disappointed in this service!!
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CharliePapa Posted at 2017-6-4 06:04
My P4P was repaired 5/25, received an email 5/30 say it would ship within 2 business days, still no shipping notice!!!!  What's even worse is the repair was a warranty issue for defective barometer and not caused by a crash. Very disappointed in this service!!

I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the delay in shipping. Please leave us with your case number, we will be following up with you as soon as possible, thanks for your understanding.
2017-6-4
Use props
wormz30
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It's like their internal communications and operations are a mess right now. Sorry DJI. I hate to bash on you, but I'm not the only one here who's had a bad experience.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules