Android DJI Go
966 2 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am new to Inspire 1 and still finding my way around it. DJI Go app is installed on my Moto Z play with 2G ram and 32G storage, with android 7.0. I have done everything people have been suggested for preparation before launchinng app, ie. close all apps and restart the phone, also turn on airplane mode. None of these work. Go app still crashes within 3 to 4 minutes of flight and it continue to crash after restart. This makes me very nervous when flying. This is the main reason also why I1 is always only with 500m around me. It is not really dependable on the app, my worry is when the app crashes while I1 also losses GPS. It will be a very risky situation where the AC may be drifted to somewhere unimaginable. So is it because Android 7 that is not suited to Go app or is my phone spec too low to meet the requirements? Flying drone is not unlike flying airplane, it is critical to have all available instrument/flight data at hand. Any potential crash may cause life and property loss. I really cannot tolerate these situations that I am in. Any suggestion, my fellow pilots.

2017-6-4
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

I Had the same problem with the Nvidia Shield and Android 7 OS. The disconnects were constant. Unfortunately I was forced to buy an iPad 4 mini which i will need or use for nothing else. Aggravating, yes. I got lucky and caught a sale at $299.00 which to me is wasted money in an Android / Windows house. But one must be able to fly. I found no way to fix the K1 other than going back to OS 6, which i was unable to do as the battery on the K1 also died (90 days old) now i must return it to Nvidia or throw it out and take the loss.  
2017-6-4
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Let me know you experience with Ipad 4 mini. From what I heard, it may be more stable but then it has a lot of restriction like file transfer etc. You know spending another $400-600 on a tablet just for flying is really unaffordable. Cause, I also don't mind just buy a tablet specifically for flying as long as it works. But the price range has to be more reasonable. I also suspect that DJI go app is getting unmanageable as it adds more and more device to it. If you only have I1, why you think it will be more stable with code base for other model/functionality, especially the functions are not uniform across the board either.
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules