sigh...I keep getting Mavics that were made on Mondays.
963 5 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

So, I take my week-old mavic back to BB because the fan wasn't functioning correctly since day 1, exchange for a new one, get it all set-up and now this one has "front left sensor failure, contact DJI". It's Sunday, not an option. Looking through the posts here, there are a bunch of people with problems with regards to the left sensor.. So, this one goes back tomorrow. I told the sales-person I wanted to open the new box up and make sure it's working, she said "we can't open it until it's purchased"... after a little argument about a 15% restocking fee (which I ended up not having to pay) I left the store and forgot about checking it out first... IF they let me get another, I WILL be trying it in the store..

DJI, You might want to get on top of your poor quality control and poorer customer service. You may be a leader in the marketplace now, but these days, all it takes is a rumor and follks get gun-shy.

...... and yes, I took the little piece of plastic off of the sensor.

2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused and unpleasant experience. Have you tried to calibrate the vision system with DJI Assistant 2? If not, please refer to the tutorial video of Phantom 4. Phantom 4 Tutorials-How to calibrate the vision positioning system on your Phantom 4
If not working, please keep us updated.
2017-6-4
Use props
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-4 20:28
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused and unpleasant experience. Have you tried to calibrate the vision system with DJI Assistant 2? If not, please refer to the tutorial video of Phantom 4. Phantom 4 Tutorials-How to calibrate the vision positioning system on your Phantom 4
If not working, please keep us updated.

I started to do that, but the left sensor displays a grey box. Is it supposed to do that? If the store will not take it back on exchange, I will try that.

I believe DJI folks should get together and do a deep dive into quality issues. I will not be advising friends to purchase DJI equipment at present. I cannot, in good conscience, tell someone that this is the best equipment, which it may be, but you can't tell it looking around these forums. From others' comments, if I can't fix this, it appears I will be without this equipment for a month or more waiting for DJI to fix it.

Disappointed
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jimmybbq Posted at 2017-6-5 04:47
I started to do that, but the left sensor displays a grey box. Is it supposed to do that? If the store will not take it back on exchange, I will try that.

I believe DJI folks should get together and do a deep dive into quality issues. I will not be advising friends to purchase DJI equipment at present. I cannot, in good conscience, tell someone that this is the best equipment, which it may be, but you can't tell it looking around these forums. From others' comments, if I can't fix this, it appears I will be without this equipment for a month or more waiting for DJI to fix it.

Could you please post a pic of the gray box or a short video about your calibrate process for better assistance if you have any trouble to do it? Sincerely sorry for the trouble you have been caused, we care much about your feedback on our product and service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-6-5
Use props
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-5 23:19
Could you please post a pic of the gray box or a short video about your calibrate process for better assistance if you have any trouble to do it? Sincerely sorry for the trouble you have been caused, we care much about your feedback on our product and service, I’ve transferred your feedback to the supervisor, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.

Thor, I'm getting a new one.. if you want to see the grey box, just do a search here on the forums, there are probably a few pictures of the same thing. There are two boxes, one of them is grey, not greyed-out, the image on the sensor is just grey..

2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jimmybbq Posted at 2017-6-6 05:47
Thor, I'm getting a new one.. if you want to see the grey box, just do a search here on the forums, there are probably a few pictures of the same thing. There are two boxes, one of them is grey, not greyed-out, the image on the sensor is just grey..

Alright , I just wanted to know what was going on of your previous drone and see if there is anything I can do for you. Anyway, it is so glad to hear that you are getting a new drone, hope you can enjoy it, happy flying~
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules