DJI Care Refresh - important policy question
1062 11 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2415 ft
United States

I just purchased a Phantom 4 Pro and the DJI Care Refresh program. I have been reading good things about the Litchi flight app as an alternative to the DJI Go 4 app. My question is, if I am flying with the Litchi app and I have a crash, will I be covered under the DJI Care Refresh program?

2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software won't be covered by DJI Care Refresh. For the details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4   DJI care refresh.png
2017-6-6
Use props
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-6 04:27
Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software won't be covered by DJI Care Refresh. For the details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4  [view_image]

Thank you for your reply, Thor. So I understand that the crash would not be covered if it results from the use of the software, but what if the cause of the crash is pilot error, for example, not caused by the software? Would a claim be automatically rejected just because the Litchi software was being used?
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans4fe7e9b9 Posted at 2017-6-6 05:44
Thank you for your reply, Thor. So I understand that the crash would not be covered if it results from the use of the software, but what if the cause of the crash is pilot error, for example, not caused by the software? Would a claim be automatically rejected just because the Litchi software was being used?

Pilot error in general is not covered by the warranty either. The only damage that can be considered for warranty is by a malfunction of the craft. Normally, the Repair team will use the aircraft's internal data to verify the claim. If the data from the aircraft is not able to determine the cause of the issue, only the flight records from the Go app will be considered as viable means for determining warranty as back up and not 3rd party apps like Litchi.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Agreed,
2017-6-7
Use props
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
United States

Jamie and Mark:

Did you not read my original post? I'm not talking about the warranty. I'm asking about the DJI Care Refresh program, which as I understand it covers accidental damage.

"DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use."
2017-6-11
Use props
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
United States

fans4fe7e9b9 Posted at 2017-6-11 17:28
Jamie and Mark:

Did you not read my original post? I'm not talking about the warranty. I'm asking about the DJI Care Refresh program, which as I understand it covers accidental damage.

Still no reply? Is anyone home?
2017-6-13
Use props
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
United States

Bump to refresh.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
United States

I guess since I asked a difficult question, I am being ignored?
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the late update. Like the policy says, DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use, so yes, you can use DJI Care Refresh if the accident is caused by pilot even Litchi APP is used.
2017-6-23
Use props
fans4fe7e9b9
lvl.1
United States

Thank you, DJI Mindy! That is a reasonable answer. I appreciate it.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans4fe7e9b9 Posted at 2017-6-26 13:53
Thank you, DJI Mindy! That is a reasonable answer. I appreciate it.

You are welcome, should you have further questions, please keep us updated.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules