The Best Unannounced Feature on iOS 11 Is Screen Recording
1395 15 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Looks like iOS 11 will allow us to record screenmovies when it comes out this fall:

http://gizmodo.com/the-best-unan ... n-record-1795849028
2017-6-6
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

You can already do that with Airshou.  It's free and already available.  Just have to reinstall the app every week or so.
2017-6-6
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

cool feature.
2017-6-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-6-6 09:54
You can already do that with Airshou.  It's free and already available.  Just have to reinstall the app every week or so.

It is free but a PAIN!
2017-6-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Yeah, that doesn't sound very sketchy at all. ;)
2017-6-6
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

That's great news!  I haven't been willing to hassle with Airshou.
2017-6-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
France

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-6-6 12:48
That's great news!  I haven't been willing to hassle with Airshou.

Don't bother.
2017-6-6
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Sounds like a pain.  I'm not familiar with it.  Why do you have to reinstall it every week?
2017-6-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-6 13:22
Sounds like a pain.  I'm not familiar with it.  Why do you have to reinstall it every week?

It's a hack and Apple keeps blocking it. If all you use your iPhone for is to control your drone, then it's not such a big risk, but I wouldn't install hacks on a device with which I might also do my banking and email. Same reason why I wouldn't jailbreak my device -- those security measures are in place for a reason, folks.
2017-6-6
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

Well its not a 'hack'.  You have to allow 'profiles' to run on your phone in order to record the screen.  Apple rejected the app a year or 2 ago because they wanted to develop their own app.  As far as it being a 'hack' its really not.  It's kinda like the Android "unknown sources' setting.  On androids you can install apps from multiple places, but have to allow the unknown sources thing.  Its similar to apple.  Yeah, airshou is a pain, but its free, and does exactly what you want it to do... record your screen.
2017-6-6
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-6 13:22

And the reason you have to install it every week is because apple blocks the profile for the software to run.  I've had it work for over a month before apple blocked it.  It works great when its working... and its crazy easy to install it.
2017-6-6
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-6-6 16:13
And the reason you have to install it every week is because apple blocks the profile for the software to run.  I've had it work for over a month before apple blocked it.  It works great when its working... and its crazy easy to install it.

Thanks for the info.  I learned something new.
2017-6-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't wait...............
2017-6-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-6-6 16:11
Well its not a 'hack'.  You have to allow 'profiles' to run on your phone in order to record the screen.  Apple rejected the app a year or 2 ago because they wanted to develop their own app.  As far as it being a 'hack' its really not.  It's kinda like the Android "unknown sources' setting.  On androids you can install apps from multiple places, but have to allow the unknown sources thing.  Its similar to apple.  Yeah, airshou is a pain, but its free, and does exactly what you want it to do... record your screen.

Apple rejected this and other similar apps because it's a huge security risk and went against the developer agreement -- think bad actors using such an app to secretly record all your screen interactions. In iOS11 they've implemented a way to do it at the OS level that doesn't so obviously compromise user security and the sandbox.
2017-6-6
Use props
jenniferlauren
New

India

A quick Google search shows that you are correct that there, a Complete Guide for Screen Recording in iOS 11 on your iPhone and iPad, read this thread.
2017-6-26
Use props
shanicosta
New

India

jenniferlauren Posted at 2017-6-26 22:29
A quick Google search shows that you are correct that there, a Complete Guide for Screen Recording in iOS 11 on your iPhone and iPad, read this thread.

Thanks, Really nicely explaine.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules