Upgrading Firmware
991 10 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfd989c0b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Can I make a suggestion?  After spending several hours attempting (I hope I managed it OK in the end) updating my P4P to the latest frmware, would it be possible to allow the remote controller to be updated via the DJI Assitant?  I'm sure it worked that way for the Phantom 2 Vision + and woudl be so much easier.  I'm still not quite sure how I eventually managed the upgrade this afternoon, but it involved at least 2 attempts and one downgrade to the previous version before it finally worked.

2017-6-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

You would need to update the firmware with an SD card. Here are the steps that you would have to complete this action:

How to Update the Firmware of Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro
Copyright © 2017 DJI All Rights Reserved.
1. Visit the official DJI website and go to the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ page, download the latest firmware
package.
2. Extract the firmware package, and copy the extracted file (GL300E_RC_xxx.bin) to a Micro SD card.
3. Insert the Micro SD card into the Micro SD card slot of the Remote Controller.
4. Power on the Remote Controller, enter System Settings > System Update, click Local Update on the
top-right corner. The latest firmware will show on Micro SD card. Click Update to start updating.

You would not be able to do this through the DJI Assistant.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansfd989c0b
lvl.2
Isle of Man

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-9 12:44
You would need to update the firmware with an SD card. Here are the steps that you would have to complete this action:

How to Update the Firmware of Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller

Thanks Mark

Does the remote controller have a micro SDcard slot?  Just had a quick look and I can't see it anywhere.

Anyway, my suggestion was more that there could maybe be an update to Assistant to enable the remote controller to be updated through it.  Maybe I'm just getting old and senile, but this afternoon's session was tortuous, my first instinct was just to revert back to the previous firmware, which worked just fine as far as I could see.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansfd989c0b
lvl.2
Isle of Man

fansfd989c0b Posted at 2017-6-9 13:07
Thanks Mark

Does the remote controller have a micro SDcard slot?  Just had a quick look and I can't see it anywhere.

Just had a look at both the controller and the handbook and the Phantom 4 Pro doesn't have a micro SD slot. Apparently the Pro 4 + does though.  I still stand by my first post that the update process is really user unfriendly and will put a lot of people off even trying it, based on comments I've seen on FB pages.
2017-6-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's only the P4 Pro+ that is updated using the sd card method.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

fansfd989c0b Posted at 2017-6-9 13:07
Thanks Mark

The remote needs to be linked to the aircraft. You would update the firmware through the SD card in the aircraft and update the firmware in that capacity.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Actually, you can use the DJI Assistant. Here is some info on that:

Upgrading Firmware                       
Power on the aircraft and connect it to a computer with a USB cab le.
Launch DJI Assistant 2 and log in with a DJI account.
Select "Phantom 4 Pro/Pro + and click "Firmware Upgrade" on the left.
Select the firmware version required.
DJI Assistant 2 will download and upgrade the fimware automatically.
Restart the aircraft and the firmware is complete.

It is in the manual. As long as the remote is linked to the aircraft, you should be fine. Let us know if this helps.                

2017-6-9
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109281 ft
Australia

Ok, I've just done a firmware upgrade for my P4P and seem to have a problem Houston. The controller and aircraft appear to be linked but video transmission is terrible and there are serious doubts regarding the flight control link. The status on the iPad will vary between aircraft disconnected and weak transmission signal. Additionally the indicator light on the controller constantly flickers red and green. I have tried re-linking the controller and aircraft as well as changing the transmission frequency to 5.8GHz.

Suggestions?
2017-6-9
Use props
fansfd989c0b
lvl.2
Isle of Man

Bootspike Posted at 2017-6-9 14:11
Ok, I've just done a firmware upgrade for my P4P and seem to have a problem Houston. The controller and aircraft appear to be linked but video transmission is terrible and there are serious doubts regarding the flight control link. The status on the iPad will vary between aircraft disconnected and weak transmission signal. Additionally the indicator light on the controller constantly flickers red and green. I have tried re-linking the controller and aircraft as well as changing the transmission frequency to 5.8GHz.

Suggestions?

That's exactly what I had o the first two attempts.  Not sure if I did anything differently on the third but it also ended up with the controller getting updated, video problem gone and steady green light.  Update method really does need sorting.
2017-6-9
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

fansfd989c0b Posted at 2017-6-9 14:20
That's exactly what I had o the first two attempts.  Not sure if I did anything differently on the third but it also ended up with the controller getting updated, video problem gone and steady green light.  Update method really does need sorting.

Ok, thanks. I'll have a crack at another update. This may get frustrating.
2017-6-9
Use props
Bootspike
lvl.3
Australia

It looks like I've found the source of my frustration. For some reason, the controller hadn't updated. This has now been done and connectivity seems good. Flight test and other checks are yet to be completed.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules