1483 24 2017-6-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8163 ft
United Kingdom

I'm now getting plenty of practice
Went out early one morning & flew over Alston/hartside beautiful part of this area I live in, took 2 batteries & had  a session & used them both.
Had some lovely low clouds formed & was very pleasing to look at, then a strange moon on one side of me & the sun on the other with the hills everywhere the eye can see,
Got home & viewed my handywork & made a short video it was that terrible I formatted my card deliberately to get rid of the embarrassment.
I'm so jealous looking at all the videos everyone has on here and how good & professional they look I wouldn't dream of putting mine on.
Everyone has to start somewhere but I seem to be getting nowhere
How long did it take you to get to the chuffed stage of your videos?
I'm probably expecting too much too quickly
Everything is on default settings but my colours & everything just don't work.
I'm flying the phantom 4
2017-6-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Well, we can't do much to help if you don't show us what you shot.
2017-6-10
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have tried but can't get a video to upload

But once I do please don't laugh
2017-6-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans0bc416f9 Posted at 2017-6-17 21:22
I have tried but can't get a video to upload

But once I do please don't laugh

First you need to upload the video to a video sharing site like Youtube, then once you have done that, copy the address of the clip, and post it here. To dso that, open a reply and click on the advanced rpompt, this takes you to a better version of the editor. To embed the video clip, click on the movie camera icon and paste the Youtube address into the text box provided.

To get the best out of your pcitures, put everything on automatic in the settings, and try to take the video on a day that is bright. One problem with shooting video in old Blighty is that often the day is so dull the pictures do not sparkle, due to the higher latitudes.
2017-6-17
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for that, I did think that might be my option but wondered if there was a direct way through dji app
2017-6-17
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/lNQNAcdkYDA
2017-6-17
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2017-6-17
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0bc416f9 Posted at 2017-6-17 23:59
https://youtu.be/lNQNAcdkYDA

Practice, and more practice! Make sure you set your white balance to "custom" then select the condition you are flying in. ie. sunny, cloudy....etc. This will keep the color temp from changing from the different sun angels
2017-6-18
Use props
fans5402405d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1093258 ft
United States

Also might try using filters on your camera
2017-6-18
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Will definitely try these suggestions out
Thank you
2017-6-18
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

Read up on manual settings and practice using them them. You will need a set of ND filters to get the most out of manual settings  but they aren't that expensive. Just try take it in one bit at a time. You will soon gain plenty of knowledge. I'm just getting back into the photography game after many years out of it. You might laugh but when I first learned to take photos I was using a Box Brownie, yes that is how ld I am:-)
I'm now having to learn again from square one with all this technology.
2017-6-18
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Firstly, I mean no offence for my comment. Same as the analogy that getting a professional dslr would not make you a great photographer. Getting a drone would make you a good videographer either. For a good video, it is all about story telling, use of light and composition. Try to learn that by  watching examples in YouTube and think why some footages are interesting.  It takes time to practise and knowing the art of video taking. If you cannot get a good video on land, you cannot get good aerial video either. If you aim to make good footages, flying is the last thing you should learn.
2017-6-18
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No offence taken
What I'm looking for is constructive criticism
& to be honest looking at all the other videos out there, I know I am at the beginner end of the scales, & to be honest I'm never gonna be as professional as the examples on here, I would prefer to improve my flying skills first then just keep plugging away
2017-6-18
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hola... you are off to a great start.  As a cinematographer-turned-drone cinematographer, I have one suggestion that will immediately improve your video.  ONLY (and I mean ONLY) include parts of your footage where the drone is smoothly in motion.  The ego can get in the way sometimes with making edits... you can become enamored with a part of a clip because you like the scene, but if the drone is bouncing around, or panning erratically, or you are adjusting the yaw of the bird to find your angle, cut those scenes.  ONLY include the moments where you absolutely nailed a silky smooth motion.  When you are learning, this will mean that you will leave more clips on the floor than you will include in your reel.  

My demo reel includes  a few clips where I see the unwanted motion of the drone affect the visuals, and as soon as I get more footage I will be replacing those scenes.  For the most part, my drone reel only includes the rock solid shots, and it makes a huge difference.

One thing I wish the RC had was a wheel for each direction (up/down, rotation, sideways flight) that allowed you to ONLY affect one direction.  For example, If I want to send the bird sideways (sideways dolly shot) and I use the stick, I will almost positively accidentally move the stick an extra millimeter up or down, causing the motion to be more erratic.  So what I will do is put my finger on the black base (at the bottom of the stick) and uncomfortably push that instead of the stick when I want the bird to move only one direction without accidentally causing unwanted rotation or sideways motion.  This little trick is especially helpful if you decide (when editing) that you want to speed up the shot.  Little tiny unwanted motions look really bad when you edit the scene to play in fast motion (which I do on about 80% of my video).

If you wanna check out my reel, here is the link...  www.talkingboxdmg.com  scroll down and select the "Aerial Sizzle Reel" .  Although it isn't perfect flying, I really try to avoid the shots where unwanted motion becomes a distraction... to me, those shots "break the spell" that I am trying to cast over the viewer of the video.

Anyway, just keep flying.... keep shooting... keep editing... and be SUPER choosy about which clips make it into your reel.
Matt
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Video and photos are art. You have practice and will have some bad moments. However, you may also have inspired points of brilliance. Know your production software and always seek out knowledge. All you really need is the inspiration and it sounds like you have it. Keep up the good work.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Some good advice there
& makes perfect sense
Will definitely bear this in mind
2017-6-20
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2017-6-20
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

2017-6-20
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The points made would have made a big difference to the last 2 videos,
Can't wait to get back out
2017-6-20
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fans... I would kill to have cool locations like you are showing.  So good.  Question... did you make that music in Garageband or Logic?
2017-6-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I notice that the video as uploaded to YouTube is only at 720p resolution. Did you edit the version that is on your phone/tablet and then upload it, or use the real version that is on the SD card in the camera?

As I said earlier, it can be hard to get good sparkling pictures in the UK at times as the northern aspects can make for dull scenes where the ground is not lit by the sun. I notice one or two examples where you were shooting towards the sun into dark areas and the camera was exposing for the bright sky. In these situations, turn the camera around and shoot where the sun lights the landscape.
2017-6-20
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It was just a selection in the app I use called video joiner
Some really nice castle ruins in my local area
My intention is to get them all & make a short video of them
Once I get the required skills!
Wish I had the confidence to fly inside & out of the edlingham castle one
2017-6-21
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fans, you going to fly Ackergil?  I LOVE Ackergil castle... I've been lucky enough to stay there for three weeks.

2017-6-21
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Quite a drive from me
Looks good though & mountain loads of photographic opportunities in Scotland
2017-6-21
Use props
fans0bc416f9
lvl.3