Drone takes out power to 1600 homes
1692 14 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

So a drone took out power to 1600 homes, and has caused 10's of thousands of dollars in damage....

All the fears of causing a crash etc, I think its more likely that stuff like this will be the down fall. Nothing to suggest it was a DJI product mind, but I think it makes little difference....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/09/drone_hits_wire_kills_silicon_valley_power/
2017-6-12
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Latvia

More importantly - even if it was an Inspire all that would happen to a working high power line would be evaporation of the drone (literally in a blink of the eye - total evaporation) and no damage to the power lines. Therefore - no chance this was a drone. But it's a nice title for the lying press.
2017-6-12
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

Netherlands

I always knew this was a high possibility of happening .... I kept my mouth shut about it so not to give any idiots ideas .
We that know the capabilities of Drones or RC crafts should not Hint, "Start Polls" or voice our opinions on the internet about how they can be used in illegal manners that would give malicious individuals ideas.
We should know better, its not only up to us !  The Mods and Administrators of forum sites should remove any public viewing Threads or postings that pertain or influence these kind of uses !
Cheer's     
2017-6-12
Use props
DwoneFlyer
lvl.1

United States

We had a bird nesting in a transformer eventually took out power for the whole town for 2 days. Shoot them all on sight now - lol

Was this a Mavic? Or just random drone news?
2017-6-12
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Probably a drone also .

https://www.rt.com/news/391906-china-plane-engine-hole/
2017-6-12
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

DwoneFlyer Posted at 2017-6-12 03:19
We had a bird nesting in a transformer eventually took out power for the whole town for 2 days. Shoot them all on sight now - lol

Was this a Mavic? Or just random drone news?

Random drone news, it doesnt even suggest its a DJI product.
2017-6-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-12 03:42
Probably a drone also .

https://www.rt.com/news/391906-china-plane-engine-hole/

That is no drone.  That is a mechanical failure of some sort.  Drone would have been sucked into the impellers possibly causing a compressor loss, and loss of the engine in flight.  Whatever happened here never got sucked in.  Almost looks like an impeller failure but I can't see any missing and it is too far forward.  Usually I can identify the problem, but this one is total mystery to me.
2017-6-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Update:  Looks like a failure of the engine cowling as you can see part of it is sucked into the engine.  I am guessing metal fatigue on this one.
2017-6-12
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Another drone crash news item.
Just crashed my drone,.......oops sorry {:4_177:}

impact

impact
2017-6-12
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-6-12 11:20
Another drone crash news item.
Just crashed my drone,.......oops sorry

Now that is a sink hole!  Wow!  Kinda scary.

Was reading one that opened up in the middle of a house while a guy was sleeping.  His bother ran in to try and pull him out but the man sunk into the hole never to be seen again.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/01/us/florida-sinkhole/index.html
2017-6-12
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

The burning drone wreckage looks more like a charred school book than a flying machine
2017-6-12
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

so power was restored in under 3 hours and damage was Tens of Thousands of dollars? I find that nearly impossible to believe
2017-6-12
Use props
fans79a9d393
lvl.1
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-6-12 02:26
More importantly - even if it was an Inspire all that would happen to a working high power line would be evaporation of the drone (literally in a blink of the eye - total evaporation) and no damage to the power lines. Therefore - no chance this was a drone. But it's a nice title for the lying press.

Agreed. I don't see much for evidence that this was caused by a drone.
2017-6-12
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh boy! I can smell another DJI update coming up....................
2017-6-12
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Oh great, what an idiot.  Maybe it was intentional.
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules