DJI - My Bird ain't the same. Please Help
1449 17 2017-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Since the app and firmware upgrade I and others are constantly getting the "! Strong Interference" Message you can see in the shot below. I've never had this before. It's appears every few seconds on the screen. It's not only annoying but I have no clue why especially flying in the same places as previously. If something happens and this message is displayed am I at risk? I need to know what's up with this?

Secondly, again in the same place as always, I continually get a Cell Phone 2.4ghz Wi-Fi interfence message. I am using a P4P+ controller. I did not even have my cell phone on me and was no where's near one. So how can that possibly be. See the other screen shot below.

Like I said, I need to know what's going on here. I'm afraid to fly the thing right now and I need to. So Please Advise as soon as possible.

Thank you

19113718_10155313401659933_7180385700390736738_n.jpg
19113712_10155313401684933_3754570105583275143_n.jpg
2017-6-12
Use props
Greg M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69442 ft
United States

Same problem here, add the gimball shake
2017-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I only have one word to say. Help!! ;-)

Hopefully you folks get this Jess straightened out, and acting normal, for you. Best wishes.

Hope that it happens soon, too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Yeah. I see where you're at. I think it's safe to say that this fecal firmware is a huge step backward in so many ways. A poor live video feed is pretty much one of the worst things that DJI can implement in a previously working craft.

The 800lb gorilla in the room here is that pretty much the most basic testing and QA would have manifested these common issues now being brought up. The only explanation is that DJI really does almost no QA prior to releasing this cruddy coding which cripples craft and frustrates customers. Then they are left to deal with totally useless DJI customer service staff who appear to know nothing about the product to begin with and are not able to do anything anyway (which apparently is an "improvement" over the past).

Even worse is that this isn't the first time this type of experience has happened which is evidence that DJI doesn't even learn from its previous mistakes when it comes to this and simply repeats them, albeit at a worse scale. I see how some people like BladeStrike get defensive, because part of their job is to test this stuff before it comes out, and unleashing this toilet firmware in some senses makes him look bad (indirectly).

The funny thing about the outpouring of this diarrhea firmware is that features were lost, bugs introduced, and no one can point to a single "improvement" over the previous firmware. We are in for a long wait (seems to be 5-6 weeks) before this toilet bowl stain of a release gets even partly sanitized.
2017-6-12
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

I have had my Phantom 4 for six months. I am presently using the following:

Phantom 4 drone running 01.02.0602 firmware
nVidia Shield running DJI GO 4 v4.1.0 (87-gpTablet)
Remote Controller running 1.8.0

With regards to my use, I am a registered DJI user. I reside in the United States. I fly every couple of weeks, I abide by the FAA rules when I fly, all batteries are fully charged, I power-cycle the tablet before its use with the RC. I also ensure the tablet is running without any power optimization features enabled. It is attached to the RC using a short 8-inch cable. Suffice to say, I am safe and very methodical when it comes to flying my drone. My primary use is taking aerial photos. I rarely use Sport Mode and I've never had a crash.

With this being said, I have *never* had an issue flying my drone in the area(s) I fly. In fact, I visit the same, open grassy fields, a fair distance away from any residential areas, cell towers, etc. And while I have always enjoyed flying my drone, it is only recently after an update to the DJI GO 4 application, I am encountering an issue I cannot overcome.

For unknown reasons, starting with 4.0.9 the DJI GO 4 application is frequently displaying every 10-15 seconds, "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" pop-up messages. This is something very, very new. Never, have I encountered this message before until after I updated to 4.0.9.

In my effort to troubleshoot, I have uninstalled the application and re-installed it. I have also tried it on a Nexus 7 Tablet with the same results.

I am very confident there are no issues with the drone and I know there are no issues with the tablet(s) I have used. The only issue remaining is the DJI GO 4 application itself and what changes were introduced with the 4.0.9 release.

What I think is curious is that the drone does not have any issues with flying, its control, response, video, etc. As far as I can see, it is working perfectly, but this pop-up message keeps appearing up every 10-15 seconds and because it is impossible to know if the message is legitimate or a false alarm; it is a cause for concern every time it appears.

Recently, I saw the update to 4.1.0 and hoping this would resolve the issue, I updated the application, but this issue persists. Is it possible the logic behind displaying this message may be "too" sensitive?
2017-6-13
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

@Commodon - Message is spot on. Thank you.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you updated both the aircraft and the RC, correct? Could you verify the Go app version that the P4P+ RC is running as well? Are you connected to a WiFi source, using cellular data or no WiFi at all? Do you have the RC's screen set to airplane mode? Are you being asked to update your data, or have you already done that? It could be a false error message, especially if you're not noticing any performance issues, but could you try the following just to make sure? Try clearing the data cache via the "application settings" section of the screen. You may want to try a factory data reset as well via the "backup & reset" section as well. If you have it connected to an internet source or cellular data, try putting it in airplane mode (if it isn't already) and try another test flight devoid of internet.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Greg M. Posted at 2017-6-12 17:53
Same problem here, add the gimball shake

Are you using a P4P+ as well, or is it just the Pro with a separate mobile device? If it's the latter, could you verify what your set up is and the firmware/app versions you're running?
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-6-13 06:39
I have had my Phantom 4 for six months. I am presently using the following:

Phantom 4 drone running 01.02.0602 firmware

Even though you're getting those error messages, you're not actually seeing any performance issues, is that notion correct? Just to see whether or not it's an Android specific issue, do you happen to have access to an iOS just to see if you get the same error message?

It could be a false error message as I've seen that happen before, but it would help to try a different OS just to make sure. Oversensitivity could be possible depending on how the app perceived the information it receives from the device. Just to get a little more information, do you happen to use your device while connected to the internet or have cellular data active? If so, can you try using it in airplane mode to see if the errors persist?
2017-6-14
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Answers to a couple questions and new observations:

- P4P+ although I also have a non-plus controller with iPad but I have not done enough testing with that but P4P+ is upgraded to 4.1. The Ipad is also upgraded.

- Firmware V 01.04.0602

- Note that based on another thread with the same exact issues I set the Transmission to Custom and 5.8ghz. That cleared up the Wifi and Strong Interference messages. My concern with that is there are literally no green bars. Only an occasional red bar. Yet I flew out about 700 feet (scared to go further) and it flew fine. But on 2.4ghz I always had strong green bar signals. Perhaps my expectations don't matter here.

- I had previously not only cleared the cache but had to do a complete reset because of the Maps issue. That got me my maps back then I had to log on and get it to reinitialize.

- I had it hovering over my head like to take a selfie shot and the Gimbal just went limp. It fell over to the side and down for no reason at all.  I have NEVER seen that happen before.  

- Lastly, before I always got a warning being on the edge of Class D air space. Not that I am really complaining here but.... The warning is gone. I am on the age of an international airport but have written permission to fly within a certain area. There is also an unused unpaved airstrip a half-mile away that shows up in my range that also use to trigger on geo referencing. Now, nothing. Again, ok by me and I have Geo Warnings turned on but seems to me it went the other way.

- One other thing to add. It now makes a whistling noise I never heard before when hovering overhead. A high pitched whine. Just noticed it when I was investigating the Gimbal issue.
Please advise.

thanks
2017-6-14
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-14 09:28
Even though you're getting those error messages, you're not actually seeing any performance issues, is that notion correct? Just to see whether or not it's an Android specific issue, do you happen to have access to an iOS just to see if you get the same error message?

It could be a false error message as I've seen that happen before, but it would help to try a different OS just to make sure. Oversensitivity could be possible depending on how the app perceived the information it receives from the device. Just to get a little more information, do you happen to use your device while connected to the internet or have cellular data active? If so, can you try using it in airplane mode to see if the errors persist?

Thank you for your reply.

There does not appear to be any issue with performance. As far as I can see/tell the drone operates without any issue whatsoever. However, the pop-up message continues to re-appear every 10-15 seconds. I do not have an Apple IOS device, so I am unable to test.

When I am using my Android tablet, I disable the built-in WiFi, but I normally leave the cellular enabled to allow the opportunity to stream live to Facebook.

I can however confirm, if I disable the cellular adapter in addition the built-in wireless, the pop-up "Strong Interference. Fly with caution" is no longer appearing...

2017-6-15
Use props
fans0e3ed2b8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
United States

I have inherited gimble shake after running the latest update on my Phantom 4 Pro. Please help!
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-14 16:39
Answers to a couple questions and new observations:

- P4P+ although I also have a non-plus controller with iPad but I have not done enough testing with that but P4P+ is upgraded to 4.1. The Ipad is also upgraded.

Did you happen to disable the cellular and WiFi  to see if the error messages persists? For the sudden gimbal mishap, did you reset the unit to factory defaults to see if that alleviated the issue? Do you see any physical damage to the ribbon cable?
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Commodon Posted at 2017-6-15 06:37
Thank you for your reply.

There does not appear to be any issue with performance. As far as I can see/tell the drone operates without any issue whatsoever. However, the pop-up message continues to re-appear every 10-15 seconds. I do not have an Apple IOS device, so I am unable to test.

I'll pass this information to the development team to get further input on this. If disabling the cellular data  helps remove the interference messages, you may to leave it like that temporarily if you want to venter out a little more for the time being. For the sake of troubleshooting, did the messages go away only when cellular data was disabled with WiFi on or did you disable the internet connection completely?
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans0e3ed2b8 Posted at 2017-6-15 12:20
I have inherited gimble shake after running the latest update on my Phantom 4 Pro. Please help!

What you're describing seems to be a different issue that what's on this thread. It would be best to start your own thread on this. Please indicate what firmware versions you're running and whether you've tried resetting the unit to factory defaults via the Assistant 2 program and tried an IMU, then gimbal calibration in that orderl
2017-6-15
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

I also posted this in another thread in the hopes it is seen and we see a fix soon but:

Ran some tests tonight:

(Note that I had already done a complete factory reset needed to restore my maps which was another fun experience).

P4P+ Controller with Screen and updated 4.1 app
New Firmware V 01.04.0602

- 2.4ghz, Auto Setting, Wifi on, Continual Warning Message, Also GEO Class D Airspace Message which I would expect where I am
- 5.8ghz, Auto or Custom Setting, Wifi on, NO warning Messages, and NO GEO Class D Airspace Message which I would expect where I am
- 2.4ghz, Auto Setting, Wifi OFF,  NO Warning Messages, and NO GEO Class D Airspace Message which I would expect where I am

In each case flying seemed to be normal but the warning messages were more than annoying and continual but this seems to be a work around until hopefully there is a fix.
I am still going through footage and will post some but I had two instances where the Gimbal just went to the side and down for no reason. I never had that before. Took a few zigs and zags to get it back.

Joe..
2017-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-17 16:07
I also posted this in another thread in the hopes it is seen and we see a fix soon but:

Ran some tests tonight:

Joe, thank you very much for your update. Try to avoid the first condition during flight since this warning will be shown when the Wi-Fi frequency band and the chosen channel shown in DJI GO 4 are 2.4 GHz. In this case, disable the Wi-Fi of the mobile device or choose 5.8 GHz under Image Transmission in DJI GO 4 would solve this warning message.
For gimbal issue, please calibrate the gimbal after IMU calibration, if the problem still persists, please upload a short video to Dropbox and send us the link for further analysis.
2017-6-19
Use props
Commodon
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 20:11
I'll pass this information to the development team to get further input on this. If disabling the cellular data  helps remove the interference messages, you may to leave it like that temporarily if you want to venter out a little more for the time being. For the sake of troubleshooting, did the messages go away only when cellular data was disabled with WiFi on or did you disable the internet connection completely?

I disabled both built-in wireless and the cellular, i.e. airplane mode was enabled.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules