789 12 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gandrei
New
Flight distance : 27730 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

I'm not sure where to get the general terms oif the warranty for the Mavic. I had a crush last month, hitting the cliffs the drone went into the sea. I was flying in Intelligent mode on active track, following some surfers. I had no warnings of being too close nor the drone has stopped due to imminent obstacle. Since it wasn't under manual control I expected that the sensors are actually warning me since from the distance (around 600m) I couldn't estimate distances accurately.

Nevertheless the answer I received was that it is not covered because of the salty water damage. But that is a consequence rather than the cause of the crash, it didn't crush because of the salty water, so I want to check why is this not falling under warranty. Can any admin support me?

CAS-642155-X5K8J1

Flight logs:
[size=12.6667px]https://app.airdata.com/main?flight=197ff5fa459c793fa64a733ecbee8b14&page_id=GENERALOverview
2017-6-13
Use props
Zanzi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61788 ft
Ukraine

Sorry to heard about your crash Do not trust sensors for 100%. They can save your drone (once they saved my drone preventing crash into the water) but only in some conditions. Don't forget, that Mavic have only sensors in the front (with some angle) and at the bottom. But no sensors on other sides.

Btw - when drone crashed, it hit obstacle on the front?
2017-6-13
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

Zanzi Posted at 2017-6-13 01:27
Sorry to heard about your crash  Do not trust sensors for 100%. They can save your drone (once they saved my drone preventing crash into the water) but only in some conditions. Don't forget, that Mavic have only sensors in the front (with some angle) and at the bottom. But no sensors on other sides.

Btw - when drone crashed, it hit obstacle on the front?

No, it hit it sideways, I guess, that's from what I was seeing. Not very sure, that's why I was hoping for some detailed explanations from them. Instead I got 1 phrase, which doesn't make things clearer than what i can see in the logs
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Gandrei, so sorry for the drone accident, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, we'll submit an data analysis for the crash and keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.
2017-6-13
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-13 02:17
Gandrei, so sorry for the drone accident, I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, we'll submit an data analysis for the crash and keep you updated. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you, looking forward for it
2017-6-13
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

i would say the last 4 seconds before impact you had control.

08m 35s        8.9 ft        695 ft        Warning:Subject lost. Searching ...
08m 36s        5.6 ft        701 ft        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
08m 36s        5.2 ft        701 ft        
08m 40s        -5.2 ft        700 ft        Mode changed to Atti (crashed)
i'd like to see the stick inputs, i can't load the csv frm airdata in to csvview - someone a hint why or how to convert them?
or even better, what data profile do i need in dashware to load that csv (flytrex seems not to work properly).
2017-6-13
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-13 07:27

Hi and thanks for your feedback, I also respect your opinion, but I think you are wrong for the following reasons:

1. You assume the crash is here:  08m 40s        -5.2 ft        700 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Atti
That is not correct, looking over altitude that is already under water. The crash happened earlier

2. b        08m 35s        8.9 ft        695 ft        Warning        Warning:Subject lost. Searching ...
    c        08m 36s        5.6 ft        701 ft        Mode        Mode changed to GPS_Atti
In one second there is a loss of altitude of 3.3 ft, the drone was already falling at this point, rotating in a vertigo which was not controllable. the altitude was small, reaction time probably around 2-3 seconds.

3. the crash actually happened within one second before the warning at 08:35. At the moment when propellers hit the cliffs, that resulted in a sudden change of direction and therefore the camera could not track the subject as it was probably switched orientation, and thus the warning message from 08m 35s

4. Flight time          Altitude        Home Distance        Compass Turn Rate Per 0.1s
A        08m 35s           8.9 ft                       695 ft                              30.7

My understanding is that it was spinning at this point already

I am not an experienced drone pilot, I won't claim that, and can accept a good explanation too, but chances are that my 4 points prove the collision happened before you say I had controls.

Cheers
2017-6-14
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-6-13 07:27

My memory card is with DJI at this point, I have a local copy of the last movie, but the file is corrupted. If you can give me a hint on how to fix it, I will upload it. I can also send you the csv file if you think you have the time to investigate this further
2017-6-14
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

Hi,

Do you have any upodates?

2017-6-20
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

I received today a notification from the dealer I bought the drone locally from, and he's informing me I need to make a decision regarding the 1080 CHF repair cost by Friday as DJI is pushing for having a resolution from my side.
I still do not have the proper explanations and you push for a case closure by Friday? That's not very nice.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gandrei Posted at 2017-6-21 00:22
I received today a notification from the dealer I bought the drone locally from, and he's informing me I need to make a decision regarding the 1080 CHF repair cost by Friday as DJI is pushing for having a resolution from my side.
I still do not have the proper explanations and you push for a case closure by Friday? That's not very nice.

Gandrei, data analysis was just finished today, an email about the outcome of the accident should have been sent to your dealer, please contact them for details, thank you.
2017-6-21
Use props
gandrei
New
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-21 23:59
Gandrei, data analysis was just finished today, an email about the outcome of the accident should have been sent to your dealer, please contact them for details, thank you.

Thanks for your reply . I contacted my dealer 2 times since I got your information, including today, and he has not received any communication.
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gandrei Posted at 2017-6-23 01:46
Thanks for your reply . I contacted my dealer 2 times since I got your information, including today, and he has not received any communication.

I have informed local repair team to send your the data analysis outcome to dealer as soon as possible, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules