LINK MAINLAND CHINA PHONE NUMBER HELP
2649 12 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

Hi i am having a lot of trouble wth the latest dji go app, it say i need to link a mainland china phone number but as im in the uk i cant, i have tried down grading the app to an earlier version which stop the message apearing but then after i sign in the aircraft is still restricted to 100ft,the strange thing is that me shield tablet isnt having any probs but i need my phone to work like it did before the update.

i am on firrmware 800
latest go 4 app
samsung galaxy s5

2017-6-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Are you downloading the app from Galaxy Apps or the Play Store?
2017-6-13
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AACY Posted at 2017-6-13 03:56
Are you downloading the app from Galaxy Apps or the Play Store?

NO FROM APP MIRROR
2017-6-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

There are 2 versions of the APK:

Chinese APK for Android is around 110MB.

The International Version of the APK is around 70MB.

Maybe you can check the size of your APK file, this could explain why you are getting this prompt. If you are having the heavier APK I recommend you uninstall everything and erase every single DJI folder out of your mobile device and traces of the old installations you had, and proceed to install by the Play Store or the Galaxy Apps Store.

Hope this helps!
2017-6-13
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AACY Posted at 2017-6-13 04:07

i have uninstalled averything that has dji on it from the phone in files, also downloaded fron play store and have even tried doth versions fron apk mirror but it still asks me to link a phone number
2017-6-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-6-13 04:15
i have uninstalled averything that has dji on it from the phone in files, also downloaded fron play store and have even tried doth versions fron apk mirror but it still asks me to link a phone number

Christ! I don't really know now what it could be. I would suggest then just to open a case with DJI.

I cannot find any logical explanation besides, you might had bought the device here in China since they come with a watermark in the Android operating system here, which could be triggering the prompt. and if that is the case then you can always install the UK firmware from here Sammobile
2017-6-13
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AACY Posted at 2017-6-13 04:23
Christ! I don't really know now what it could be. I would suggest then just to open a case with DJI.

I cannot find any logical explanation besides, you might had bought the device here in China since they come with a watermark in the Android operating system here, which could be triggering the prompt. and if that is the case then you can always install the UK firmware from here Sammobile

well ive solve part of the problem with the restricted height limit, on version 4.07 of the app as for some reason it was telling me beginer mode was of but it was actualy on so i just turned it on and of again, so no more restricted height, will stay on version 4.07 untill the next update to see if it fixes the china phone number thing ;)
2017-6-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-6-13 05:22
well ive solve part of the problem with the restricted height limit, on version 4.07 of the app as for some reason it was telling me beginer mode was of but i was actualy on so i just turned it on and of again so no more restricted height, will stay on version 4.07 untill the next update to see if it fixes the chine phone number thing ;)

Great at least you are able to fly!
2017-6-13
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

AACY Posted at 2017-6-13 04:07

Where are the international APK's?  Only one I have is Chinese and I downloaded it direct from DJI.  Seems to work fine though, but I have noticed some China mainland switches in the app.
2017-6-13
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Xman1 Posted at 2017-6-13 14:12
Where are the international APK's?  Only one I have is Chinese and I downloaded it direct from DJI.  Seems to work fine though, but I have noticed some China mainland switches in the app.

just had a reply back from dji support , honestly its like dealing with children a complete wast of time,they told me to re install the app, as if i wouldnt have tried that first !! no wonder no one wants to deal with them.
2017-6-13
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-6-13 18:29
just had a reply back from dji support , honestly its like dealing with children a complete wast of time,they told me to re install the app, as if i wouldnt have tried that first !! no wonder no one wants to deal with them.

Three thoughts come to mind....

1.  Go into the settings -> app -> DJI Go, clear your cache and clear your data, then uninstall.
2.  Delete all three DJI folders.  Two are in root, one is in /Android/ - Reinstall the app now.

Last thought - you somehow have China firmware in the drone.  Reinstall this too if the above doesn't work.  
2017-6-13
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Xman1 Posted at 2017-6-13 18:38
Three thoughts come to mind....

1.  Go into the settings -> app -> DJI Go, clear your cache and clear your data, then uninstall.

cheers for the info i think i will stay on version 4.07 as that works fine and wait untill the next update and see if it still does it then ;)
2017-6-14
Use props
qOeksqvUddxc
New
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-6-13 04:23

I've tried using sammobile in the past, it's a pain in the butt with a registration required and their speed caps (unless you're paying them of course). Try http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model. It's WAY faster and you don't need an account.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules