1216 9 2022-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2362441 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'm currently having issues finding ANY GPS at all.

It's not like ~5 sats and then a long time until there are ~12.
No, the App is showing me zero sats...

I added some glittery skins to my drone a few weeks ago to see whether or not birds might ignore the drone. But I haven't flown since then. I also updated to the latest firmware when it came out but I also didn't have the time until yesterday.

At first, I thought this might be because of the skin and that there were metallic components in the foil which make them glitter (thought it was just some special kind of color, though). So I removed the decal.

Now I had the drone sitting here for 15 Minutes and waiting, but it still shows 0 GPS...

Does anyone have any idea what's going on there?
2022-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lots of people add skins without any problem. Best to remove top part and see if you can get signal. If yes could be skin. If not then its something else.
2022-2-8
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Well, the essence of my post kinda is that I've already removed the skin and it didn't work
2022-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11959747 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HerrMittmann Posted at 2-8 09:39
Well, the essence of my post kinda is that I've already removed the skin and it didn't work

Well then it’s hardly likely the decal caused your problem.
2022-2-8
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Have you refreshed the firmware in the controller and the aircraft? Which remote are you using Standard or Pro?
2022-2-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You sound like an experienced droner, and anyone that adds decals to their drone must be proficient.  : )     You are doing this outside right with no blocking structures?  No RF interference from power lines etc?   You are not in a city park with tall blocking buildings?  Just want to make sure you are not sitting in a location that is just not viable.
2022-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HerrMittmann. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. Thank you.
2022-2-8
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

- It's the default-Remote
- No, I haven't refreshed the Firmware yet. Wanted to hear some feedback first (:
- It was outside on 2 different locations. Usually I get at least 1 or 2 sats, even indoor/under bad conditions. That's why zero sats really irritate me, because the connection doesn't just feel "bad", it feels "dead".
- I'm using an iPad 6, I guess (March 2018)
2022-2-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HerrMittmann Posted at 2-8 23:32
- It's the default-Remote
- No, I haven't refreshed the Firmware yet. Wanted to hear some feedback first (:
- It was outside on 2 different locations. Usually I get at least 1 or 2 sats, even indoor/under bad conditions. That's why zero sats really irritate me, because the connection doesn't just feel "bad", it feels "dead".

Pretty well everything suggest by the Moderator won't have any effect on GPS reception.
They come up with some oddball answers.

The remote makes no difference, because it the drone's interaction with satellites that's at issue.
Firmware won't make any difference ... they love to suggest that , but it's almost always irrelevant.
Different locations won't change anything, unless you were under cover and went outside.
The phone or tablet you use is completely irrelevant.
And his comment about steel in concrete has nothing to do with GPS.
2022-2-9
Use props
HerrMittmann
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

So, I plugged the Mavic to my computer and used the Assistant tool - Before that, I did the Update via App. It showed a message about...some components having mismatched firmware...?
Anyways, I reinstalled the latest version, went to the rooftop and it seems to work.

Now I just need to test whether or not the stickers actually were part of the issue

Would be sad if yes. Again, the idea was to keep birds away, so I'd at least love to see if it had any impact on them...
2022-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules