943 17 2023-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thevion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 549925 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hello, I would like to show how broken the FPV mode is compared to Osmo Pocket 1. In Osmo Pocket 1 FPV mode works perfectly - as it should. Osmo pocket 3 has trouble maintaining the horizon. After tilting the gimbal to the right or left and then returning to horizontal, the image is still tilted, which is not the case in Osmo Pocket 1. Both cameras have "slow follow" set. After setting it to "fast follow", it is only slightly better and Osmo Pocket 3 still does not center properly. Additionally, there is also an issue with "recenter gimbal" which looks like it has tilt-lock. DJI, please fix FPV mode. In the older generation it worked flawlessly, but in Osmo Pocket 3 it is useless.

Video to download
2023-12-20
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Same issue for me after testing
2023-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, that issue needs to be fixed. Hopefully, DJI will be able to fix this in an expeditious manner.  
2023-12-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Well, they should be able to fix a gimbal.  They've marketed a few...
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Upon further investigation, this is caused by different gimbal logic. The following speed of DJI Osmo Pocket 3 is normally slower than the Osmo Pocket/Pocket 2 mainly to make the shooting more stable (cover some intense sports scenes and make the picture smoother, therefore it adjusted slowly). You may adjust the following speed to "fast" to check if this suits your needs. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-12-21
Use props
Tomdroid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22818 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-21 03:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Upon further investigation, this is caused by different gimbal logic. The following speed of DJI Osmo Pocket 3 is normally slower than the Osmo Pocket/Pocket 2 mainly to make the shooting more stable (cover some intense sports scenes and make the picture smoother, therefore it adjusted slowly). You may adjust the following speed to "fast" to check if this suits your needs. We appreciate your understanding and support.

It seems like you didn't actually watch his video describing his problem because he adjusted the following speed to fast on both devices at 1:27...  
2023-12-21
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-21 03:29

Hi DJI Paladin. I think you are wrong. Different gimbal logic is not a problem here. If it rotated at the same speed as now, but maintained the angle at which the camera was held, everything would be OK. However, at this point, Osmo Pocket 3 cannot maintain the angle at which the camera is held. I did one more test - this time with Ronin RSC2. I turn both devices 90 degrees and return to the horizon. Osmo Pocket 3 is not able to set the horizon well. Ronin RSC2 does it perfectly. Below I am sending a video of the test. And sorry for my imperfect English in the video - I'm learning Unfortunately, crackling noises with Osmo Action 2 - I have to send it for replacement under Care Refresh

Click to download video

2023-12-22
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

Thevion Posted at 12-22 04:22
Hi DJI Paladin. I think you are wrong. Different gimbal logic is not a problem here. If it rotated at the same speed as now, but maintained the angle at which the camera was held, everything would be OK. However, at this point, Osmo Pocket 3 cannot maintain the angle at which the camera is held. I did one more test - this time with Ronin RSC2. I turn both devices 90 degrees and return to the horizon. Osmo Pocket 3 is not able to set the horizon well. Ronin RSC2 does it perfectly. Below I am sending a video of the test. And sorry for my imperfect English in the video - I'm learning  Unfortunately, crackling noises with Osmo Action 2 - I have to send it for replacement under Care Refresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAuVCwjUGe0

We - users - see this problem like a faulty. But dji engineers see this is a function. i have told this problem to 2 youtubers tell a lot of good things about pocket 3, but no one reply. Thank you so much for making this thread !
2023-12-22
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-20 03:48
Yeah, that issue needs to be fixed. Hopefully, DJI will be able to fix this in an expeditious manner.

i am afraid impossible
2023-12-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HAYHOT Posted at 12-22 09:04
i am afraid impossible

Sorry to hear that.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tomdroid Posted at 12-21 04:23
It seems like you didn't actually watch his video describing his problem because he adjusted the following speed to fast on both devices at 1:27...

Hello, Tomdroid. Sorry for the confusion. We're able to check the video provided by the author of this thread and the last message on my response serves as a recommendation. Rest assured that we will forward this concern to the designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thevion Posted at 12-22 04:22
Hi DJI Paladin. I think you are wrong. Different gimbal logic is not a problem here. If it rotated at the same speed as now, but maintained the angle at which the camera was held, everything would be OK. However, at this point, Osmo Pocket 3 cannot maintain the angle at which the camera is held. I did one more test - this time with Ronin RSC2. I turn both devices 90 degrees and return to the horizon. Osmo Pocket 3 is not able to set the horizon well. Ronin RSC2 does it perfectly. Below I am sending a video of the test. And sorry for my imperfect English in the video - I'm learning  Unfortunately, crackling noises with Osmo Action 2 - I have to send it for replacement under Care Refresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAuVCwjUGe0

Thank you for sharing these tests, Thevion. I will make sure to note this as a suggestion and will forward it to our designated team for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they have fixed this by now.
1-29 03:56
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Montfrooij Posted at 1-29 03:56
I hope they have fixed this by now.

Nope, unfortunately in firmware 01.03.05.02 the FPV mode is still broken
1-29 08:01
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thevion Posted at 1-29 08:01
Nope, unfortunately in firmware 01.03.05.02 the FPV mode is still broken

That is too bad.
They still have 2 years to fix it (or maybe a bit longer) before my budget is sufficient ...
1-29 09:25
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The same issue here. (Newest firmware)
1-29 10:51
Use props
Thevion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

The new update v01.04.0802 adds a new FPV+ mode that fixes the problem I described.  It also fixes the gimbal centering problem @9OcO7RlPocL4 wrote about.  Thank you DJI!
5-11 12:40
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thevion Posted at 5-11 12:40
The new update v01.04.0802 adds a new FPV+ mode that fixes the problem I described.  It also fixes the gimbal centering problem @9OcO7RlPocL4 wrote about.  Thank you DJI!

Same here. Thanks a billion DJI!
5-11 13:50
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules