Easy Acro in S mode please (and FPV controller 3?!)
275 10 5-7 22:56
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, so i got my Avata 2.
i really love it.... range is better (even in ce mode compared to fcc with the avata 1), goggles are perfect, flies like a dream even with the mc3.

i also love the easy acro function, already used it (especially the 180 degree function)

but why is this not available in sport mode??

i would LOVE to have this in sport mode.... so please DJI, make this available!!!
Also it would be awsome (and not impossible) to have easy acro in N (and S??) mode for the FPV Controller 3!!!!!
5-7 22:56
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would love to see that too but I think DJI consider the motion controller to be designed more for beginners flying literally out the bag for the first time and doing 180 drifts at 36mph may lead to more crashes and care refresh claims or worse still, give regional authorities more ammo to ban or restrict drones. May also explain why you can't use easy acro below 25% battery, when lower than 1.5m AGL and when in any area with any type of flight restriction.
5-7 23:10
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

the restriction on 25% battery is probably due to fear of decrease of power to do the acro?

but i would love to hear from DJI why easy acro is not available in S mode.

also...... it would be awsome if they could add easy acro to the FPV controller 3!!!!!
5-7 23:51
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100308 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

How would you perform the tricks using FPVRC3? With RCM3 you got the little joystick which moves the aircraft up/down/left/right, but when you go into easy acro and choose flips or drift, that joystick's primary functions are replaced.

As for sport mode, my guess is they will not enable it there because with more speed you have less remaining motor power to pull off these moves and they wanna keep it as safe as possible. The drift might become particularly unstable due to how Avata series handles going sideways fast (which is probably why sideways speed is so limited in N/S modes compared to fwd/back).
5-8 04:28
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

fichek Posted at 5-8 04:28
How would you perform the tricks using FPVRC3? With RCM3 you got the little joystick which moves the aircraft up/down/left/right, but when you go into easy acro and choose flips or drift, that joystick's primary functions are replaced.

As for sport mode, my guess is they will not enable it there because with more speed you have less remaining motor power to pull off these moves and they wanna keep it as safe as possible. The drift might become particularly unstable due to how Avata series handles going sideways fast (which is probably why sideways speed is so limited in N/S modes compared to fwd/back).

on the first part: i think there is a button combo to program / think of to get this sorted. But i understand what you are saying.

but then for me it would also be good enough to have the easy acro on sport mode, as i find the MC3 a lot of fun to use in N and S mode!

for the second part: in manual on higher speeds you can perform these tricks on higher speed than sport mode can do so the drone has the power and potential to do this on sport mode EASY.
5-8 04:31
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

There's a big difference between a pilot who knows what they're doing and a gimmicky pre-programmed auto-trick-performing feature though. If you really care about doing those moves at higher speed, I'd honestly recommend getting a freestyle drone and learning how to fly it in acro. While Avata *can* do them, you gotta remember it's primarily a cinewhoop and its acro potential is severely limited compared to drones built for that purpose. I wouldn't even attempt doing them with Avata before mastering them with a more durable drone. And I hope you got DJI Care
5-8 04:43
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have seen enough video's showing what the avata 2 can do, and how agile it is even doing acro like the easy acro mode on N mode.... so there is enough proof it CAN do it.

i am going to fly it manually, but i kind of like the way it flies with the MC3.... so i think in some situations i'll keep using that.
5-8 04:46
Use props
zappy49
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482260 ft
United Kingdom

BadBert Posted at 5-8 04:46
I have seen enough video's showing what the avata 2 can do, and how agile it is even doing acro like the easy acro mode on N mode.... so there is enough proof it CAN do it.

i am going to fly it manually, but i kind of like the way it flies with the MC3.... so i think in some situations i'll keep using that.

Yes Me Too for MC3
5-8 05:07
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fichek Posted at 5-8 04:28

You can set the speed for the sideways flight...!
5-8 05:32
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

frankymusik Posted at 5-8 05:32
You can set the speed for the sideways flight...!

Yeah, but not to the same speed as you can fwd/back.
5-8 05:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward this suggestion of yours to our relevant team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. However, we wish to inform you that there is no guarantee this will be featured Thank you for your understanding and support.
5-8 23:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules