The Falls of Bruar - there and back again...
124 25 5-8 23:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2747100 ft
United Kingdom

A combination of AVATA and AIR3 Footage captured on a hot sunny spring day in early May 2024, the intent was to capture the true beauty of the area, to explore the gorge and see that which is not normally seen, for which the AVATA came in handy - although I seem to have a fault causing some 'jellification' on some of the shots...
This is my 3rd edit, and the shortest one so far, the first two attempts were 15 and 12 minutes! I may have another go to make an ultra short - sub 4 minute - version, but it is hard to know what to cut out...

5-8 23:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely filmed,   Im going to copy this style next time Im at a river like that.    
5-8 23:55
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 23:55
Nicely filmed,   Im going to copy this style next time Im at a river like that.

Thanks, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I shall take that as a compliment Good luck and watch out for those ghost branches
5-9 00:19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-9 00:19
Thanks, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I shall take that as a compliment  Good luck and watch out for those ghost branches

And not forgetting those ghost cables.
5-9 00:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely amazing scenery.    This is definitely something you wouldn't see unless you were wading through the creek.  Drone footage just makes so much more of nature for us to see and enjoy.  
5-9 08:35
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 08:35
Absolutely amazing scenery.    This is definitely something you wouldn't see unless you were wading through the creek.  Drone footage just makes so much more of nature for us to see and enjoy.

Thanks... yes, I have been wanting to explore that gorge with the AVATA since I first got it... looking at the clearance now though, I think I could also get the MINI3 Pro up there...

I think our next trip there will be all day, with all 3 drones, and then we will nail the footage and get something really cool...
5-9 08:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-9 08:39
Thanks... yes, I have been wanting to explore that gorge with the AVATA since I first got it... looking at the clearance now though, I think I could also get the MINI3 Pro up there...

I think our next trip there will be all day, with all 3 drones, and then we will nail the footage and get something really cool...

You're very welcome.  That gorge is definitely calling your name for a return flight (or three).  No doubt the Mini 3 Pro would be good there unless the winds pick up too much.  
5-9 13:01
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Slow, controlled and explorative in an idyllic location. This is how the Avata is designed to be flown. Very nicely done!
5-9 13:32
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 13:01
You're very welcome.  That gorge is definitely calling your name for a return flight (or three).  No doubt the Mini 3 Pro would be good there unless the winds pick up too much.

Yup, the AVATA was being battered by the wind when I tried to take it higher, so I wasn't going to try the MINI 3 on that day - you can see the trees being buffeted on some of the clips, and there is some footage where the AVATA is blown sideways almost into a tree at one point too...

Already agreed with hubby next time we go we are taking all 3 drones and are going to walk up and spend some time at each location, may be some recce and then practice flights before the actual filming - this was all filmed on the first take as the MiL was sat bored next to us, and I didn't want to push my luck too much...
5-9 21:42
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-9 13:32
Slow, controlled and explorative in an idyllic location. This is how the Avata is designed to be flown. Very nicely done!

Thank you very much, appreciated
5-9 21:43
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-9 21:43
Thank you very much, appreciated

You're very welcome
5-9 22:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-9 21:42
Yup, the AVATA was being battered by the wind when I tried to take it higher, so I wasn't going to try the MINI 3 on that day - you can see the trees being buffeted on some of the clips, and there is some footage where the AVATA is blown sideways almost into a tree at one point too...

Already agreed with hubby next time we go we are taking all 3 drones and are going to walk up and spend some time at each location, may be some recce and then practice flights before the actual filming - this was all filmed on the first take as the MiL was sat bored next to us, and I didn't want to push my luck too much...

Sounds like you've got a great plan for the next visit.  

You need to get MIL a beginner drone so she can fly with you and not get bored.  
5-10 02:39
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 02:39
Sounds like you've got a great plan for the next visit.  

You need to get MIL a beginner drone so she can fly with you and not get bored.

Lol, I love her to bits but she is completely technically inept..

This is the woman who sold her car when her husband died as she hasn't the confidence to drive alone - even though she passed her test 50 years ago, who every time we go to see her has to have 200 tabs shut on her phone as she cant understand the need to close the apps after using them, and who doesn't have the internet or a computer...

She gave my husband a new -cheap and not very good - digital camera she bought for herself as she didn't understand that to see the pictures she would need to load them onto a computer / tablet or to social media

I would love to find her something to keep her entertained but a drone really would be technically beyond her...
5-10 03:43
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely place and light. Did you notice flickering/jello in the footage as well?
5-10 07:35
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-10 07:35
Lovely place and light. Did you notice flickering/jello in the footage as well?

Thanks.... yes noticed it, very annoying as I am now 5 hrs away, so cant redo it until we are next up there... Think I have sorted it, will check this weekend with a proper blat on the AVATA
5-10 08:37
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Albion Drones Posted at 5-10 08:37
Thanks.... yes noticed it, very annoying as I am now 5 hrs away, so cant redo it until we are next up there... Think I have sorted it, will check this weekend with a proper blat on the AVATA

Maybe try stabilizing it with Gyroflow?
5-10 09:24
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-10 09:24
Maybe try stabilizing it with Gyroflow?

Just trying that now... Thought I had to film it without stabilisation on to work, but it appears I was wrong...
5-10 09:48
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-10 03:43
Lol, I love her to bits but she is completely technically inept..

This is the woman who sold her car when her husband died as she hasn't the confidence to drive alone - even though she passed her test 50 years ago, who every time we go to see her has to have 200 tabs shut on her phone as she cant understand the need to close the apps after using them, and who doesn't have the internet or a computer...

It is definitely hard to get something for somebody who is totally technically challenged.  Well you know she doesn't do well with technology.  So you need to figure out what she does like? Does she have any hobbies or activities that she enjoys?

I went through the same thing with my parents.  Ultimately, the best thing you can get her to keep her busy and occupied will depend on her individual preferences and interests, so try to choose something that aligns with what she enjoys and values. I tried books by their favorite authors, art supplies since I "thought" they liked to paint and board games.  In the end they started potting plants and growing many different kinds of plants.  They had so many I had to get a boat load of more pots and build some shelves for all of them.  

Anyway, I've babbled on long enough here.  Sorry.  
5-10 13:42
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 13:42
It is definitely hard to get something for somebody who is totally technically challenged.  Well you know she doesn't do well with technology.  So you need to figure out what she does like? Does she have any hobbies or activities that she enjoys?

I went through the same thing with my parents.  Ultimately, the best thing you can get her to keep her busy and occupied will depend on her individual preferences and interests, so try to choose something that aligns with what she enjoys and values. I tried books by their favorite authors, art supplies since I "thought" they liked to paint and board games.  In the end they started potting plants and growing many different kinds of plants.  They had so many I had to get a boat load of more pots and build some shelves for all of them.  

No need to apologise, I appreciate the thoughts... We have tried engaging her in hobbies, even bought her wool and knitting supplies, but she just doesn't seem to want to do anything... I feel for her, but when she is around she latches onto hubby like a limpet, I hardly get a look in... She rings him twice a day but when she is here and he is at work she follows me like a lost sheep, I cant work with her in same room, or if I go to do some crafting she stands and watches me, and cooking or doing the pots, its not a huge kitchen and she just comes in and gets in the way... Its a shame really, she I lonely, and I do what I can, but....
5-10 13:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 5-10 13:56
No need to apologise, I appreciate the thoughts... We have tried engaging her in hobbies, even bought her wool and knitting supplies, but she just doesn't seem to want to do anything... I feel for her, but when she is around she latches onto hubby like a limpet, I hardly get a look in... She rings him twice a day but when she is here and he is at work she follows me like a lost sheep, I cant work with her in same room, or if I go to do some crafting she stands and watches me, and cooking or doing the pots, its not a huge kitchen and she just comes in and gets in the way... Its a shame really, she I lonely, and I do what I can, but....

No doubt that is a difficult situation.  After my dad passed we had to put mom in a retirement home as I was still making Navy deployments and my sister was a touring professional on the women's golf tour.  With us both gone most of the time we felt it the best way to ensure she was taken care of.  It did work out well as she made many friends and they all seemed to get along exceptionally well.  The facility was well run and they took them on group outings.  I did feel bad that she couldn't live with me or my sister but we did what we felt was best and she never complained.  
5-10 14:34
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

4 years ago we agreed to move in together, had a house lined up in Dumfriesshire and I got a bigger car in anticipation of needing it, we were going to go 1/3 each on the house, and then at the last minute she pulled out, couldn't beat to leave her home... Thankfully the formal offer had not gone in, otherwise it would have cost us a huge payment that we hadn't got in compo - as that's how it works in Scotland... Now we just don't know what to do, she is not ready for retirement home, is 77 and in great health, will probably outlive us both...
5-10 16:40
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely scenery. That wobble does get noticeable at times, doesn't it. From the outset the video quality looked really poor, until I realised that YT had defaulted to 480 instead of 4K. Once reset, it was obviously far better.
5-12 08:56
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-12 08:56
Lovely scenery. That wobble does get noticeable at times, doesn't it. From the outset the video quality looked really poor, until I realised that YT had defaulted to 480 instead of 4K. Once reset, it was obviously far better.

Yeah, I have another edit of it uploading, I have run the AVATA footage through Gyroflow and reduced the amount of AVATA footage being used... will share it in here once its up....
5-12 09:18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 5-12 09:18
Yeah, I have another edit of it uploading, I have run the AVATA footage through Gyroflow and reduced the amount of AVATA footage being used... will share it in here once its up....

5-12 09:23
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Newer edit...

5-12 09:59
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft