Not Fussed about Manual .......Yet!
279 21 5-13 12:12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yogi053
First Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

My first FPV craft so nice and easy does it...... so far!

5-13 12:12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yogi, it appears your video was marked as "Private".
PV.jpg
5-13 12:53
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

OOPS! Sorry about that RDB. Rusty using the forum for videos. Don't know how to delete that black post.
5-13 13:14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice.    Um, are you sure this is your first FPV flight?  Over water and under a bridge?   Not sure I was ready to do this after my first couple of months.  
5-13 13:15
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-13 13:15
Very nice.    Um, are you sure this is your first FPV flight?  Over water and under a bridge?   Not sure I was ready to do this after my first couple of months.

Not EXACTLY my first flight Saint but definitely my first FPV.
5-13 13:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice and smooth,  are you flying with the MC?
5-13 22:51
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 22:51
Nice and smooth,  are you flying with the MC?

Yes DA. I'm still pondering whether to buy the RC3 or wharever name it goes under just now. I like speed but I'm not one for looking to play 'tag' with trees again. Lessons learned previously.
5-14 01:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-14 01:41
Yes DA. I'm still pondering whether to buy the RC3 or wharever name it goes under just now. I like speed but I'm not one for looking to play 'tag' with trees again.  Lessons learned previously.

I have both controllers and I much prefer the RC3 even not in manual mode.  I just feel in more control with sticks I guess.
5-14 06:33
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 06:33
I have both controllers and I much prefer the RC3 even not in manual mode.  I just feel in more control with sticks I guess.

I do use the RC N1 with my Minis and generally the Original SC with the M2P but I have found the MC so easy to handle. Apart from speed increase can you tell me what I will miss if I don't buy the RC3?
5-14 06:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-14 06:38
I do use the RC N1 with my Minis and generally the Original SC with the M2P but I have found the MC so easy to handle. Apart from speed increase can you tell me what I will miss if I don't buy the RC3?

If your comfortable flying with the MC then you wont miss anything apart from Manual mode,   and with the MC you can use Easy Acro and head tracking that you cant with the RC3.   

Personally I just dont feel as in control with the MC,   cant get the turns as tight etc, but that could be my lack of experience with it.
5-14 06:48
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-14 06:48
If your comfortable flying with the MC then you wont miss anything apart from Manual mode,   and with the MC you can use Easy Acro and head tracking that you cant with the RC3.   

Personally I just dont feel as in control with the MC,   cant get the turns as tight etc, but that could be my lack of experience with it.

AH Well, each to their own Da.
5-14 06:50
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 5-14 06:38

I agree with you.  I have Avata 1 and both MC and RC but yesterday, I spent my entire time (8 batteries) using MC only whereas it is normally 70/30 majority on the RC primarily because there is a slight element of feeling loss of control at long range when using MC.  But not anymore.....

I do this several times where I spend all day with MC only and at this point, the MC works out better for me when it comes to smooth precise flying.  With enough practice, I am able to hit all the gaps, cut all the corner, fly very close to all the obstacles, and avoid any unexpected objects but that didn't come right away....only after much practice because at first, we are too used to the RC and I have found keep going back to RC for comfort takes away from MC.

Probably why DJI doesn't package or encourage RC for ordinary sport mode flyers because I personally feel it degrades your ability to improve your MC skills.
5-14 07:11
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036263 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Both have their advantages. FPVRC3 lets you keep perfect level while flying by just pushing one stick, and it lets you adjust gimbal angle precisely without having to use head tracking or pointing one way and countering that movement with the tiny joystick. It also lets you precisely control the drone without affecting camera angle in any way and it's just easier to pull off some moves like orbits. And it lets you turn on motor beep or turtle mode with just button presses which is handy if you crash. And of course, it enables manual mode which is fantastic to have at your disposal even if you never plan to use it on purpose - for example if you get stuck in high wind while coming back home, just go into manual and full send it back home, or just dive to lower altitude where wind is lower.

RCM3 lets you access all the goggle menus without lifting your hand, it lets you fly one-handed, has easy-acro, and enables head tracking. And anyone from 3 to 87 year old can use it intuitively without ever having flown a drone before, especially an FPV one (the actual age range is probably even wider, it's just what I've personally tested and can confirm ) but still allows experienced pilots to enjoy flying and to pull off some shots that maybe they wouldn't feel comfortable with using FPVRC3.

Imo if you're serious about Avata 2, you should own and master both controllers. Even if you're a die-hard long-time FPV pilot who can't imagine not flying manual only (which is a shame as Avata series really shines in N/S modes), I'd keep the motion controller with me just to share the hobby with others.
5-14 10:05
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-14 10:05
Both have their advantages. FPVRC3 lets you keep perfect level while flying by just pushing one stick, and it lets you adjust gimbal angle precisely without having to use head tracking or pointing one way and countering that movement with the tiny joystick. It also lets you precisely control the drone without affecting camera angle in any way and it's just easier to pull off some moves like orbits. And it lets you turn on motor beep or turtle mode with just button presses which is handy if you crash. And of course, it enables manual mode which is fantastic to have at your disposal even if you never plan to use it on purpose - for example if you get stuck in high wind while coming back home, just go into manual and full send it back home, or just dive to lower altitude where wind is lower.

RCM3 lets you access all the goggle menus without lifting your hand, it lets you fly one-handed, has easy-acro, and enables head tracking. And anyone from 3 to 87 year old can use it intuitively without ever having flown a drone before, especially an FPV one (the actual age range is probably even wider, it's just what I've personally tested and can confirm ) but still allows experienced pilots to enjoy flying and to pull off some shots that maybe they wouldn't feel comfortable with using FPVRC3.

AH! to hell with it. You have convinced me fichek. I will order the RC3 soon. Thank you for input and explanation of what each controller brings to the user's enjoyment. Cheers!
5-14 10:33
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

yogi053 Posted at 5-14 10:33
AH! to hell with it. You have convinced me fichek. I will order the RC3 soon. Thank you for input and explanation of what each controller brings to the user's enjoyment. Cheers!

Hehe, always happy to help talk others into spending their money on DJI stuff. Hey DJI, where is my affiliate account approval? Been waiting for years

But seriously, you get 14 days to return it if you order from DJI, so there's no risk in trying
5-14 10:43
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 5-14 10:33

Let us know what you think when you get it!
5-14 11:23
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832372 ft
Australia

Very smooth - well done.  And you even managed to pick that one day in the year for Glasgow when the sun comes out!  :-)  
5-14 16:02
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

GTHero Posted at 5-14 16:02
Very smooth - well done.  And you even managed to pick that one day in the year for Glasgow when the sun comes out!  :-)

You'd be surprised GT. Weather changing in Scotland now. 23/24 degrees in the Highlands just now and I DON'T mean Fahrenheit!
5-15 01:15
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

yogi053 Posted at 5-15 01:15
You'd be surprised GT. Weather changing in Scotland now. 23/24 degrees in the Highlands just now and I DON'T mean Fahrenheit!

Huh, might have to look into flights, I'm sure it will get worse as soon as I book something
5-15 01:16
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-14 11:23
Let us know what you think when you get it!

A wee while yet, but will do.
5-15 01:16
Use props
yogi053
First Officer
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-15 01:16
Huh, might have to look into flights, I'm sure it will get worse as soon as I book something

Scotland is beautiful no matter the weather or season. (Except for the Scottish Midges)
5-15 01:21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice footage though!
5-26 00:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now