242 55 5-13 18:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Big Boxes in Carteret - Popping up everywhere.

5-13 18:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice to see so many solar panels on that roof.  
5-13 22:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting footage.  Looks like that area is being taken over by warehouses.  
5-14 03:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 03:11
Interesting footage.  Looks like that area is being taken over by warehouses.

I was amazed. a little over 10 years ago there was nothing here.
5-14 03:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-13 22:43
Nice to see so many solar panels on that roof.

The one corporate is surely taking advantage of the solar grant money,being offered. The building is all gated up no access to the public at all.
5-14 03:59
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 20107388 ft
United Kingdom

Nice views of the industrial estate
5-14 11:45
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Codgerzh2 Posted at 5-14 11:45
Nice views of the industrial estate

Thanks, That's what I had to work with yesterday.
5-14 12:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-14 03:56
I was amazed. a little over 10 years ago there was nothing here.

At least it is getting put to good use.  
5-14 14:10
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-14 14:10
At least it is getting put to good use.

Hopefully it's creating jobs
5-14 17:36
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6269839 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Each one looks individually designed, though. Not all regimentally identical.
5-15 01:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-14 17:36
Hopefully it's creating jobs

That would be desired for sure.  
5-15 03:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-15 01:03
Each one looks individually designed, though. Not all regimentally identical.

Yes seems like different owners and builders. I couldn't get any contact info for details. I would have like to know more. The solar panel building is a well established fragrance company.
5-15 05:45
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6269839 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-15 05:45
Yes seems like different owners and builders. I couldn't get any contact info for details. I would have like to know more. The solar panel building is a well established fragrance company.

Solar is super
5-15 05:48
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 03:11
That would be desired for sure.

I think about the fact that retail is gone other than Amazon and the future is shipping and delivering.
5-15 05:50
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-15 05:50
I think about the fact that retail is gone other than Amazon and the future is shipping and delivering.

Seems that is definitely what the future holds.  
5-15 12:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 12:18
Seems that is definitely what the future holds.

We are no longer a manufacturing nation or innovator.
5-15 14:00
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-15 14:00
We are no longer a manufacturing nation or innovator.

Exactly right.  We're too busy being tied up with political issues and other internal strife.  
5-16 03:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:18
Exactly right.  We're too busy being tied up with political issues and other internal strife.

The politicians are too busy wagging the dog and lining their pockets, while we fall behind. I feel bad for the kids. They are being distracted while they lose opportunity.
5-16 03:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-16 03:22
The politicians are too busy wagging the dog and lining their pockets, while we fall behind. I feel bad for the kids. They are being distracted while they lose opportunity.

Kids today are already going to have to face a $34 trillion gross federal debt.  It is scary to think that thirty-four percent of the U.S. debt is held internationally by foreign investors (i.e. foreign governments, foreign institutions, and individual people in foreign countries) who buy our Treasury bonds as investments.  The major international owners of US debt include Japan ($1.1T), China, UK, Belgium, Switzerland, Cayman Islands and smaller amounts from the rest of the world.
5-16 12:36
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 12:36
Kids today are already going to have to face a $34 trillion gross federal debt.  It is scary to think that thirty-four percent of the U.S. debt is held internationally by foreign investors (i.e. foreign governments, foreign institutions, and individual people in foreign countries) who buy our Treasury bonds as investments.  The major international owners of US debt include Japan ($1.1T), China, UK, Belgium, Switzerland, Cayman Islands and smaller amounts from the rest of the world.

We allow it to happen. It's a shame.
5-16 17:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-16 17:29
We allow it to happen. It's a shame.

It certainly is a shame.  The U.S. economy has avoided a recession so far but the risk of a deeper economic downturn still looms according to  many financial experts.  
5-17 02:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 02:58
It certainly is a shame.  The U.S. economy has avoided a recession so far but the risk of a deeper economic downturn still looms according to  many financial experts.

And they never really know until we are completely out of it.
5-17 03:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-17 03:39
And they never really know until we are completely out of it.

Yes, only in hindsight.  Last year I put some of my funds in NRG Energy (NRG) as utility stock has proven safe during recessions.  
5-17 14:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-17 14:03
Yes, only in hindsight.  Last year I put some of my funds in NRG Energy (NRG) as utility stock has proven safe during recessions.

Utilities are a good hedge. I got luck recently. I put some money into Matterport the 3D camera processing company and it got taken over by Loopnet and doubled. It went from $2 to 5.
5-17 16:20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-17 16:20
Utilities are a good hedge. I got luck recently. I put some money into Matterport the 3D camera processing company and it got taken over by Loopnet and doubled. It went from $2 to 5.

You can't beat the timing on that investment.  
5-18 03:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 03:14
You can't beat the timing on that investment.

I don't know if it will go through. It's trading at 4.50 now I should sell half and ride it out.
5-18 05:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 05:01
I don't know if it will go through. It's trading at 4.50 now I should sell half and ride it out.

That's probably a conservative approach for sure.  Normally, I'm in them for the long haul but I've pulled out before when it appears something might be in for a nose dive.  
5-18 05:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 05:18
That's probably a conservative approach for sure.  Normally, I'm in them for the long haul but I've pulled out before when it appears something might be in for a nose dive.

It's not trading with confidence. I used to be a stock broker When I was in my 20s. I love the market. S sometimes you can feel strength or weakness in the stocks. Sometimes you're wrong. It's part of the challenge.
5-18 05:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 05:22
It's not trading with confidence. I used to be a stock broker When I was in my 20s. I love the market. S sometimes you can feel strength or weakness in the stocks. Sometimes you're wrong. It's part of the challenge.

My old college professor used to tell us to never invest more than you can afford to lose.  Fortunately, or luckily, or a combo of both I made many wise investments over the years that paid off well in the long run.    One of my best buys was Apple in 1999 for just under $4.  I also bought Cisco Systems in either 1991 or early 1992 for under a $1.  Made a killing off both of these.  
5-18 05:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 05:53
My old college professor used to tell us to never invest more than you can afford to lose.  Fortunately, or luckily, or a combo of both I made many wise investments over the years that paid off well in the long run.    One of my best buys was Apple in 1999 for just under $4.  I also bought Cisco Systems in either 1991 or early 1992 for under a $1.  Made a killing off both of these.

Both performed amazingly well. I sold many clients Crackerbarrel CBRL it had forced earnings growth through opening so many locations. It enjoyed a 300% growth rate for many years. Made lots of people wealthy. Berkshire Hathaway was another great performer. Apple was one of my first picks in the late 80s. It put me on the map as a stock picker. Brokers employed me to pick stocks technically before everyone had computer systems doing it.
5-18 07:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-18 07:15
Both performed amazingly well. I sold many clients Crackerbarrel CBRL it had forced earnings growth through opening so many locations. It enjoyed a 300% growth rate for many years. Made lots of people wealthy. Berkshire Hathaway was another great performer. Apple was one of my first picks in the late 80s. It put me on the map as a stock picker. Brokers employed me to pick stocks technically before everyone had computer systems doing it.

Wow, you have quite the varied background in several career paths.  No doubt your stock picks made numerous people quite wealthy.  
5-19 06:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:14
Wow, you have quite the varied background in several career paths.  No doubt your stock picks made numerous people quite wealthy.

Jack of all trades I guess. I did well as a stock broker but I didn't have the big money background, So I had to build my book through cold calling. Not always fun.
5-19 06:18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 06:18
Jack of all trades I guess. I did well as a stock broker but I didn't have the big money background, So I had to build my book through cold calling. Not always fun.

I remember hearing many recruiters and sales people talking about how they hated cold calling.  I'd much rather meet somebody in person.  That way you can kind of tell from their body language if you are getting through to them or not.  I took several courses on body language and it served me well in court and in individual depositions.  You could tell quick and with about 95% accuracy when a person was lying or telling the truth.  
5-19 06:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:56
I remember hearing many recruiters and sales people talking about how they hated cold calling.  I'd much rather meet somebody in person.  That way you can kind of tell from their body language if you are getting through to them or not.  I took several courses on body language and it served me well in court and in individual depositions.  You could tell quick and with about 95% accuracy when a person was lying or telling the truth.

Agreed. Back in the day I used to make 300+ dials a day. It would result in about 15 accounts per month. It was hard work. I would ask for a minimum investment of $10,000 40 years ago. And people would sent the money in on their word. That wouldn't happen today. Later I ran call centers for First Data based on the principals I learned while cold calling.
5-19 07:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 06:14

On a side note. I got an Idea for roof inspections in Class B airspace. I was thinking of tether a drone to a scuba dive reel. Go up to 100 ft. on each side of the house. Go straight up and yaw to take photographs from each side.  I was thinking of filing a waiver with the FAA. Technically it's not a free flying drone if tethered.  I'm thinking I might get a waiver if I can come up with some safety precautions.  Do you know of a scuba reel that has light tension?
7173QINMR8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
5-19 07:14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 07:03
Agreed. Back in the day I used to make 300+ dials a day. It would result in about 15 accounts per month. It was hard work. I would ask for a minimum investment of $10,000 40 years ago. And people would sent the money in on their word. That wouldn't happen today. Later I ran call centers for First Data based on the principals I learned while cold calling.

Wow, that's a lot of cold calling for sure.  To be successful in cold calling you no doubt have to be able to accept many rejections.  
5-19 07:29
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 07:29
Wow, that's a lot of cold calling for sure.  To be successful in cold calling you no doubt have to be able to accept many rejections.

You can't sound like a cold caller you have to act like a peer, have a sense of humor and a thick skin.
5-19 07:39
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 07:14
On a side note. I got an Idea for roof inspections in Class B airspace. I was thinking of tether a drone to a scuba dive reel. Go up to 100 ft. on each side of the house. Go straight up and yaw to take photographs from each side.  I was thinking of filing a waiver with the FAA. Technically it's not a free flying drone if tethered.  I'm thinking I might get a waiver if I can come up with some safety precautions.  Do you know of a scuba reel that has light tension?

AP Diving makes some of the best dive reels that I've seen in use.  However, I'm doubtful they have light tension capability.  I remember that the Navy Seals use gear designed by Dräger out of Houston, TX.  They might carry something like that.  Probably best to email their customer service as I'm betting that is something they could make or adapt some of their current products.  
5-19 07:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 07:46
AP Diving makes some of the best dive reels that I've seen in use.  However, I'm doubtful they have light tension capability.  I remember that the Navy Seals use gear designed by Dräger out of Houston, TX.  They might carry something like that.  Probably best to email their customer service as I'm betting that is something they could make or adapt some of their current products.

Cool equipment on the Draeger site.
5-19 08:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-19 07:39
You can't sound like a cold caller you have to act like a peer, have a sense of humor and a thick skin.

I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to add in a positive mental attitude as well.  
5-19 08:29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules