How to correct lens distortion?
125 7 5-17 07:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

With my DJI Avata 2, I have lots of images and videos where the horizon is curved slightly due to the Ultra-Wide FOV. I am using Gyroflow to correct the videos, but now I still need something for the photos.
5-17 07:33
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI Avata 2 supports distortion correction, including three correction modes: Standard, Wide-Angle, and Super Wide Angle. If videos are still distorted, please provide the original files for our further confirmation.
5-18 01:15
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 01:15
DJI Avata 2 supports distortion correction, including three correction modes: Standard, Wide-Angle, and Super Wide Angle. If videos are still distorted, please provide the original files for our further confirmation.

Question 1: How do I switch from Standard, Wide-Angle and Super Wide Angle mode, and also, how to change the video resolution and frame rate?
Question 2: How do I correct the distortion for photos?
5-18 03:31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

USER001 Posted at 5-18 03:31
Question 1: How do I switch from Standard, Wide-Angle and Super Wide Angle mode, and also, how to change the video resolution and frame rate?
Question 2: How do I correct the distortion for photos?

You can go to the camera settings panel and adjust the resolution and frame rate under video quality settings.
The following three types of Camera FOV options are available: Normal (FOV 116.2°), Wide (FOV 154.8°), and Ultra Wide (FOV 155°). The shooting angle is set to Standard by default before delivery. You can open the goggles menu and go to Settings > Camera > Camera FOV for adjustment.
* The preceding FOV values are measured when EIS is disabled and is only for your reference. Note that the FOV will diminish because of image cropping after EIS is enabled.
5-18 23:04
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 23:04
You can go to the camera settings panel and adjust the resolution and frame rate under video quality settings.
The following three types of Camera FOV options are available: Normal (FOV 116.2°), Wide (FOV 154.8°), and Ultra Wide (FOV 155°). The shooting angle is set to Standard by default before delivery. You can open the goggles menu and go to Settings > Camera > Camera FOV for adjustment.
* The preceding FOV values are measured when EIS is disabled and is only for your reference. Note that the FOV will diminish because of image cropping after EIS is enabled.

Can I control the resolution, the frame rate and the FOV on the DJI Fly app?
5-19 00:10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

USER001 Posted at 5-19 00:10
Can I control the resolution, the frame rate and the FOV on the DJI Fly app?

Sorry to tell you that the camera settings can only be setup via the Goggles, you can also refer to user manual below. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
5-19 01:46
Use props
djiuser_8cUnDGD3Dxb0
New

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 01:15

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have set the ultra-wide FOV and you can see it is curved at the sides. I am using rocksteady eis.

Do I need to use gyroflow to correct the lens distortion?

5-22 01:35
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8cUnDGD3Dxb0 Posted at 5-22 01:35
Hello,

I have the same issue. I have set the ultra-wide FOV and you can see it is curved at the sides. I am using rocksteady eis.

Hi there, we've forwarded the photo to our engineer to confirm and get feedback that this is within the normal range. The edge distortion of Ultra Wide FOV will be more obvious. Thank you for your understanding.
5-22 19:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules