United Kingdom

5-4 03:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really nice find AJ.  That's a very informative video.  Dang, I really wish I could fly FPV.  
5-4 15:20
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

This is the guy that tried to make a big deal out of Avata 2 "losing altitude" when his throttle stick was below 50% because he modified it for manual mode and had not paid attention. And already in the first 30 seconds he gives some terrible advice - "if you have a light leak, turn around to face the sun" - you should always be facing your drone. Honestly best source of "tips" is to read the user manual and familiarise yourself with all of the aircraft's features.

YouTubers will make a video out of anything and often say things that make no sense and you'd think because they have almost 10k subscribers they'd bother to check their facts, but they almost never do.
5-4 16:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
5-4 23:15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:15
Thanks for sharing.

He really knows his stuff when it comes to FPV - I've been chatting with him a bit on his channel
5-5 01:21
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 959892 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

A J Posted at 5-5 01:21
He really knows his stuff when it comes to FPV - I've been chatting with him a bit on his channel

Yeah, he's barely been in FPV for a year and calls himself an "expert fpv pilot" (literally in the title of his Avata 2 review ). I would recommend avoiding people like him, they tend to project confidence so much, they even convince themselves that they don't need to check facts before talking to their audience.
5-5 01:34
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 5-5 01:34
Yeah, he's barely been in FPV for a year and calls himself an "expert fpv pilot" (literally in the title of his Avata 2 review ). I would recommend avoiding people like him, they tend to project confidence so much, they even convince themselves that they don't need to check facts before talking to their audience.

He seems like a nice chap and has provided me with very sound advice - I prefer to form my own opinion of people. Thanks anyway.
5-5 02:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 01:21
He really knows his stuff when it comes to FPV - I've been chatting with him a bit on his channel

I put him onto airdata the other week when he nearly crashed and didn't now what happened,  
5-5 02:51
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 02:51
I put him onto airdata the other week when he nearly crashed and didn't now what happened,

Yeah, he said he crashed when I spoke with him. I think everyone crashes in FPV. But his he gave really good advice and his footage around Indonesia is very impressive.
Billy Kyle just wrote off his Avata 2. Did you see that vid?
5-5 02:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 02:54
Yeah, he said he crashed when I spoke with him. I think everyone crashes in FPV. But his he gave really good advice and his footage around Indonesia is very impressive.
Billy Kyle just wrote off his Avata 2. Did you see that vid?

Ive not seen anything from Billy Kyle for a couple of days,  I saw he crashed and ejected the battery but it flew after that.  
5-5 03:09
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 03:09
Ive not seen anything from Billy Kyle for a couple of days,  I saw he crashed and ejected the battery but it flew after that.

He crashed it again and bought a new one from best buy on his way home due to 4 crashes in one flight causing 'questionable repairability'. I think he did it deliberately to show how the Avata 2 needs to be returned for repair by DJI as spare parts can't be bought (unlike the Avata 1)
5-5 03:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 03:18
He crashed it again and bought a new one from best buy on his way home due to 4 crashes in one flight causing 'questionable repairability'. I think he did it deliberately to show how the Avata 2 needs to be returned for repair by DJI as spare parts can't be bought (unlike the Avata 1)

Guess when you get the first one for free you dont care as much.
5-5 03:21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 03:21
Guess when you get the first one for free you dont care as much.

There is a lot of that out there. If you dropped over a grand out of your pocket and you're not a multi millionare then I don't think you would be flying in derelict buildings with rebar sticking out everywhere in manual mode and would certainly reevaluate what you're doing after the first crash. I've seen Billy fly manual FPV many times on his channel without any issues in the past. This looked staged.
5-5 03:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 03:30
There is a lot of that out there. If you dropped over a grand out of your pocket and you're not a multi millionare then I don't think you would be flying in derelict buildings with rebar sticking out everywhere in manual mode and would certainly reevaluate what you're doing after the first crash. I've seen Billy fly manual FPV many times on his channel without any issues in the past. This looked staged.

Oh yes I see he broke one of the hoops,  on crash 4.    And he moans they dont sell parts for it,     I dont think he's realised they dont even sell batteries yet.
5-5 04:09
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 04:09
Oh yes I see he broke one of the hoops,  on crash 4.    And he moans they dont sell parts for it,     I dont think he's realised they dont even sell batteries yet.

Stock on most Avata 2 accessories are running dry now - testament to the popularity of the drone. I better get in quick on buying the RC3!
5-5 06:16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 06:16
Stock on most Avata 2 accessories are running dry now - testament to the popularity of the drone. I better get in quick on buying the RC3!

But for the Avata 2 they never had any to start with,  batteries were listed but not to ship until mid may.  
5-5 06:41
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 06:41
But for the Avata 2 they never had any to start with,  batteries were listed but not to ship until mid may.

Now ND filters are out of stock (though I managed to get a set). I know the RC2 went out of stock fast with the Avata 1
5-5 06:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 06:45
Now ND filters are out of stock (though I managed to get a set). I know the RC2 went out of stock fast with the Avata 1

My ND filtered just got handed over to Royal Mail so hopefully next week they will arrive.
5-5 06:52
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 06:52
My ND filtered just got handed over to Royal Mail so hopefully next week they will arrive.

They do make that difference with motion blur
5-5 09:20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-5 03:30
There is a lot of that out there. If you dropped over a grand out of your pocket and you're not a multi millionare then I don't think you would be flying in derelict buildings with rebar sticking out everywhere in manual mode and would certainly reevaluate what you're doing after the first crash. I've seen Billy fly manual FPV many times on his channel without any issues in the past. This looked staged.

That's the truth even with DJI Care Refresh.  I've been flying FPV for over a year now and the other day (with Avata 1) as I was going thru the wooded trees with flowing stream below and complete overhang and my drone set to HOVER on disconnect, the minute I encountering an ever-closing dark hole that seemed to block my path forward with branches dangling all over, I started getting really nervous and I turned around.  Make no sense to go thru these tight spaces, dodging branches that you can't see, knowing you have to eventually come back thru them them and your signal strength is bouncing around.  Sure I can fly thru small gaps on dry land with pavement below in daylight with a strong signal where I can walk over to get my drone if I bounce off something and it doesn't recover but some of these places are ridiculous.  I find some of the YT video astounding the buildings they get into with apparently no fear.
5-5 09:44
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-5 06:16
Stock on most Avata 2 accessories are running dry now - testament to the popularity of the drone. I better get in quick on buying the RC3!

I think there will be plenty of RC3 soon as we get closer to the launch of "DJI FPV2" they will need a million of those for kitting and for replacements, etc.  When RC-2 first came out, there was no Avata so it only worked for one DJI drone but now it's possible RC3 could end up working for 4+ maybe.  Hopefully lessons learned from RC-2.
5-5 09:47
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-5 09:44
That's the truth even with DJI Care Refresh.  I've been flying FPV for over a year now and the other day (with Avata 1) as I was going thru the wooded trees with flowing stream below and complete overhang and my drone set to HOVER on disconnect, the minute I encountering an ever-closing dark hole that seemed to block my path forward with branches dangling all over, I started getting really nervous and I turned around.  Make no sense to go thru these tight spaces, dodging branches that you can't see, knowing you have to eventually come back thru them them and your signal strength is bouncing around.  Sure I can fly thru small gaps on dry land with pavement below in daylight with a strong signal where I can walk over to get my drone if I bounce off something and it doesn't recover but some of these places are ridiculous.  I find some of the YT video astounding the buildings they get into with apparently no fear.

It's all about making risk assessments in split second decisions that can either be a great test of your skill and a huge confidence builder while giving you an incredibly dynamic piece of footage or a terrible crash and using your care refresh claims.
I naturally err on the side of caution and take small steps before running the marathon so I'm right with you - turn around!
5-5 10:12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-5 09:47
I think there will be plenty of RC3 soon as we get closer to the launch of "DJI FPV2" they will need a million of those for kitting and for replacements, etc.  When RC-2 first came out, there was no Avata so it only worked for one DJI drone but now it's possible RC3 could end up working for 4+ maybe.  Hopefully lessons learned from RC-2.

I've installed an FPV sim and took to it quite well (in angle mode) so I've ordered the RC3 now
5-5 10:14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-5 09:20
They do make that difference with motion blur

Im looking forward to testing mine,   will definitely take them up to the Lake District with me.
5-5 22:43
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 22:43
Im looking forward to testing mine,   will definitely take them up to the Lake District with me.

Beautiful spot to fly in
5-6 01:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-6 01:23
Beautiful spot to fly in

I hope so,   it will depend on how we luck out with the weather.   

Just tried the love toy controller and I dont really like it,   didnt take more and a couple of minutes to be flying in sports mode with it but I dont feel like I have as much control as when flying stick,   Maybe I just need to build confidence in it.
5-6 03:03
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 03:03
I hope so,   it will depend on how we luck out with the weather.   

The RC3 enables more precision in flight and quick access to turtle mode from the C1 button and more control over the gimbal tilt. The motion 3 controller enables the use of the AR cursor (much easier for navigating the setting menus than the 5D button), head tracking and easy acro.

I find the motion controller to be very immersive and it clicked with me on the first flight. I imagine if you have been flying extensively with a conventional controller beforehand it will take more time to adjust. Don't forget I hadn't flown any drones for over 3 years before my first flight on the Avata 2 with the MC3 which may explain why I found it so easy.

The main reason for getting the RC3 is of course to fly in manual.
5-6 03:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-6 03:24
The RC3 enables more precision in flight and quick access to turtle mode from the C1 button and more control over the gimbal tilt. The motion 3 controller enables the use of the AR cursor (much easier for navigating the setting menus than the 5D button), head tracking and easy acro.

I find the motion controller to be very immersive and it clicked with me on the first flight. I imagine if you have been flying extensively with a conventional controller beforehand it will take more time to adjust. Don't forget I hadn't flown any drones for over 3 years before my first flight on the Avata 2 with the MC3 which may explain why I found it so easy.

Im sure it's a confidence thing,   I was just out skimming over water and 3-5ft and with the MC I did not feel  happy with it at all.  
5-6 03:26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 03:26
Im sure it's a confidence thing,   I was just out skimming over water and 3-5ft and with the MC I did not feel  happy with it at all.

Just tilt the wrist up a little or press that orange button - thats your pause button. It does take a bit of practice but nothing compared to manual - I never crashed in the sim this morning!  
5-6 03:32
Use props
AlexanderK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066709 ft
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 5-4 16:51
This is the guy that tried to make a big deal out of Avata 2 "losing altitude" when his throttle stick was below 50% because he modified it for manual mode and had not paid attention. And already in the first 30 seconds he gives some terrible advice - "if you have a light leak, turn around to face the sun" - you should always be facing your drone. Honestly best source of "tips" is to read the user manual and familiarise yourself with all of the aircraft's features.

YouTubers will make a video out of anything and often say things that make no sense and you'd think because they have almost 10k subscribers they'd bother to check their facts, but they almost never do.

Couldn't agree more!
5-6 10:42
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-4 15:20
Really nice find AJ.  That's a very informative video.  Dang, I really wish I could fly FPV.

It's a shame you cannot do it because it is so much fun. Have you tried connecting the Goggles with your phone so you only need to look at your phone and not the Goggles?
5-6 10:48
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

USER001 Posted at 5-6 10:48
It's a shame you cannot do it because it is so much fun. Have you tried connecting the Goggles with your phone so you only need to look at your phone and not the Goggles?

The real shame is that you don't know either, how much fun it is...

Not at least, until you buy one...
5-8 13:20
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-8 13:20
The real shame is that you don't know either, how much fun it is...

Not at least, until you buy one...

Why do you need to doubt everything I say

Besides, you talk about yourself owning a Mini 3 Pro, so why doesn't it show up in your profile?
5-9 07:21
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 5-9 07:21
Why do you need to doubt everything I say

Besides, you talk about yourself owning a Mini 3 Pro, so why doesn't it show up in your profile?

Do I really need to answer this again???

Buy a DJI drone for REAL and join the conversations, by bringing some experience of YOUR OWN!!!

Or you could upload a video of your Avata 2..     Yes???

5-9 13:03
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 5-9 13:03
Do I really need to answer this again???

Buy a DJI drone for REAL and join the conversations, by bringing some experience of YOUR OWN!!!

Check your reply, you have 0 upvotes and 2 downvotes; clear proof that no one likes you, so you might as well go to another forum and try your luck there
5-10 07:25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 5-10 07:25
Check your reply, you have 0 upvotes and 2 downvotes; clear proof that no one likes you, so you might as well go to another forum and try your luck there

You and the words "clear proof" in the same post are rarely the truth....

Any video of the Avata 2 lately???
5-10 12:35
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice find
12 hours ago
Use props
A J