PolarPro tripod mount iPhone X case compatibility!
665 11 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Just a little warning for anyone looking to buy the Polarpro tripod mount to use with an iPhone on a protective case...

You will need either to use the PolarPro Grip with your phone without a case or a super, super, paper thin case.
I normaly use a really thin Spigen Neo Hybrid with my OP but now, unfortunately it keeps disconnecting as the lightning connector has not enough clearance anymore due to the added thickness of the PolarPro tripod mount itself. The only option no to get your device disconnecting constantly is to use the (cumbersome) PolarPro Grip with it. Bummer.

Picture1.jpg
2019-8-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14754314 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice set up
2019-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate sharing this compatibility matter with these accessories to our valued DJI Forum members. Thank you for continued support.
2019-8-29
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

It works but actually the Grip is not 'grippy' at all. It is just a plain plastic. Lower quality than usual for PolarPro...
2019-9-1
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 8-29 08:11
Hi, we do appreciate sharing this compatibility matter with these accessories to our valued DJI Forum members. Thank you for continued support.

You're welcome Tony, learning by doing ;)
2019-9-1
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 9-1 23:47
It works but actually the Grip is not 'grippy' at all. It is just a plain plastic. Lower quality than usual for PolarPro...

Thats not good - thanks for the heads up
2019-9-2
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Is this the grip system where the OP sits in a small cradle with a couple of tripod mounts which then slots into the phone holder thingy?  So you can just mount the OP in it’s cradle onto a tripod or attach the whole shooting match, phone and all, to a tripod?
2019-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tip!
2019-9-2
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

A J Posted at 9-2 00:42
Thats not good - thanks for the heads up

You're welcome
2019-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-9-2
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 9-2 00:50
Is this the grip system where the OP sits in a small cradle with a couple of tripod mounts which then slots into the phone holder thingy?  So you can just mount the OP in it’s cradle onto a tripod or attach the whole shooting match, phone and all, to a tripod?

That's correct. The Tripod Mount itself is very good. it also protects the OP effectively. The problem is using the OP with your phone when the small screen isn't enough. This means having to carry the Grip everywhere.

I've also tried the PGYTECH that has excellent reviews but the fit was very tight upon installation and it scratched the Pocket's body. I haven't seen many negative reviews out there so I might had a slightly defective unit (returned it).
2019-9-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

El Diabolico Posted at 9-1 23:48
You're welcome Tony, learning by doing ;)

We do appreciate your continued support to our DJI Products.
2019-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules