Lifespan / Maintenance
468 10 2021-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slugabug
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I apologize if this is a stupid question but will the FPV drone say when maintenance is required as the parts wear or will it just drop from the sky one day (possibly far away) ?

Thanks for your help!
2021-7-12
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

one day it start a countdown in your Goggle from 10 to 0. Then the drone explode in a big bang!
2021-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there slugabug. Good day and thank you for reaching out. It would be best to have a pre-flight checklist before each flight for safer and happy flight experience. I will be posting a list from the DJI FPV user manual where it includes the pre-flight checklist for your DJI FPV ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf ) for reference. Have a safe and a happy flying always. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link where in you can check some Drone Maintenance Checklist and Tips. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-117863-1-1.html
2021-7-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The software will not tell you when normal maintenance is due.  You should do both pre and post flight checks.   Visual inspect the props, gimbal, etc.  Make sure the motors turn freely.  Keep the firmware updated.  Make sure the battery is not bloating.  By doing all this you should get years of use out of your FPV.  
2021-7-13
Use props
slugabug
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-12 19:03
Hello there slugabug. Good day and thank you for reaching out. It would be best to have a pre-flight checklist before each flight for safer and happy flight experience. I will be posting a list from the DJI FPV user manual where it includes the pre-flight checklist for your DJI FPV ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_FPV/20210615/DJI_FPV_User_Manual-EN.pdf ) for reference. Have a safe and a happy flying always. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link where in you can check some Drone Maintenance Checklist and Tips. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-117863-1-1.html

Thank you for the advice.  Much appreciated!
2021-7-13
Use props
slugabug
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-13 04:00
The software will not tell you when normal maintenance is due.  You should do both pre and post flight checks.   Visual inspect the props, gimbal, etc.  Make sure the motors turn freely.  Keep the firmware updated.  Make sure the battery is not bloating.  By doing all this you should get years of use out of your FPV.

2021-7-13
Use props
slugabug
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-13 04:00

Thank you for the advice.  I appreciate it!
2021-7-13
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

COLDFusion Posted at 7-12 10:55
one day it start a countdown in your Goggle from 10 to 0. Then the drone explode in a big bang!

2021-7-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

slugabug Posted at 7-13 07:32

You're welcome.    Happy flying.
2021-7-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

slugabug Posted at 7-13 07:32
Thank you for the advice.  I appreciate it!

You're welcome.    Happy flying.
2021-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

slugabug Posted at 7-13 07:31

Hi there slugabug. You arte very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules