Drone stuck in connect loop
1495 15 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcw88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I am sure this is the same problem reported by numerous folks across the internet - I flew my drone, shut it down and packed it away, charged the batteries - I have the Fly More package.  The drone has never been crashed or misused - on powering up the drone it goes into a loop of trying to connect - I've tried resetting the controller using Assistant 2 for the Mini2.  But the Min2 boots, passes all self checks then flashes the tail LED's greenish yellow, it will not power down, and cannot be found by the controller.  It cannot be found by Assistant 2 either, so cannot be reflashed or reset. I am using a Mac version of Assistant 2.

2022-8-31
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Try with an Android phone
2022-8-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make a video of what you are seeing and attempting and upload it to the likes of youtube, then post a link to that video here.
2022-8-31
Use props
rcw88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 8-31 06:57
Try with an Android phone

LOL don't own an Android phone, but I'll try and borrow one, I have found that DJI Fly is switching from Auto to Manual in the Transmission section all on its own, set it to Auto and five seconds later it switches back to manual.  So if the connection on the aircraft is also manual that might explain it.  Cheap Android phone required..
2022-8-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rcw88 Posted at 8-31 08:02
LOL don't own an Android phone, but I'll try and borrow one, I have found that DJI Fly is switching from Auto to Manual in the Transmission section all on its own, set it to Auto and five seconds later it switches back to manual.  So if the connection on the aircraft is also manual that might explain it.  Cheap Android phone required..

Make sure it's an Android that is compatible. Samsung S6 works for me
2022-8-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Try removing the Micro SD card. This sometimes helps.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rcw88. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a shirt sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue.. Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
rcw88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 19:48
Hello there rcw88. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a shirt sample video showing the issue for us to be able to see and can give out the best solution for this issue.. Thank you.

I will get a video done, in the meantime I have already tried:
1. no microSD card
2. a brand new microSD card, different brand
3. a different cable between the controller and the phone
4. updating the firmware on the controller to V04.11.0034
5. updating the app on the phone
6. trying to connect in multiple different locations to compensate for different levels of interference
7. restarting the phone
8. Installed the correct version of DJI Assistant 2, version V2.1.11, on MacOS BigSur
9. Plugged the drone directly into the Mac using a USB C cable - the drone never appears as a device in the USB list, neither does it appear when plugged into any other machine with a different operating system, Linux or Windows
10. Tried all the batteries from the pack, used fully charged batteries and partially discharged batteries.
11. Made sure the controller was fully charged.
12. Tried a WiFi Analyser to see if the drone has created a hot spot, as used to quick transfer photos - nothing found.
The drone boots, runs self tests and drops into an eternal loop of the rear LED's flashing a green/yellow colour, the front LED above the camera pulses as if everything is normal.
2022-9-1
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

rcw88 Posted at 9-1 02:30
1. no microSD card

Send it back. It is broke.
2022-9-1
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

1. no microSD card

You might try using DJI Assistant for Mavic instead of Assistant 2.1.1.1 (consumer drones series) because, I have tried the consumer drones series one for Windows, and it makes my Smart Controller so that it will NOT turn off, and IF there is something wrong with that, then there may be something wrong with yours for Mac?  After all you have tried, why not try Assistant for Mavic?
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

1. no microSD card

Hi there rcw88. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-2
Use props
rcw88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-2 21:20
Hi there rcw88. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and still the issue persist. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Stephen, I called DJI support yesterday, I shared videos to the support email account from Dropbox. Showing the boot and failure to connect sequence and the failure to shut down.  Also a full screen recording showing the drone working fully which I made on 11th August.  I used the drone successfully after that date - the last thing I did with the drone was use Quick Transfer to copy videos directly to my phone.  Then it failed to connect next time I started the drone.
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rcw88 Posted at 9-2 23:58
Stephen, I called DJI support yesterday, I shared videos to the support email account from Dropbox. Showing the boot and failure to connect sequence and the failure to shut down.  Also a full screen recording showing the drone working fully which I made on 11th August.  I used the drone successfully after that date - the last thing I did with the drone was use Quick Transfer to copy videos directly to my phone.  Then it failed to connect next time I started the drone.

Hi there rcw88. Thank you for the reply and for this given update. Please rest assured that our DJI Support Team will help you with the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-9-4
Use props
rcw88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-4 21:06
Hi there rcw88. Thank you for the reply and for this given update. Please rest assured that our DJI Support Team will help you with the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Hi,  a replacement drone has arrived from the European Service Centre today - the control board had failed.  Thank you all for your help and support it is very much appreciated - I took the opportunity to register the Care Refresh Plan at the same time, something I should have done immediately upon taking delivery of the drone.  Lesson learnt.

Got to fly... :-)
2022-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

rcw88 Posted at 9-22 12:47
Hi,  a replacement drone has arrived from the European Service Centre today - the control board had failed.  Thank you all for your help and support it is very much appreciated - I took the opportunity to register the Care Refresh Plan at the same time, something I should have done immediately upon taking delivery of the drone.  Lesson learnt.

Got to fly... :-)

Hi there rcw88. Thank you for the reply and it is great to know that you were able to fly your DJI Mini 2. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2022-9-22
Use props
rcw88
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-1 08:03
Send it back. It is broke.

It was and I have a new replacement - all done under warranty, all sorted :-).
2022-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules